Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

How many observations do you agree with?
None
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1 - 5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
6 - 10
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
11 - 15
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Max Stats spreadsheet 
Bringer
Private First Class
Private First Class

(Edit, link should be fixed now)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c7xi-OMlcpvyw0eKdX4GwYzCrJ38tW41pXY9dUF4Xp8/edit?usp=sharing

Hey guys, I attempted to make a max stat sheet for each race (First time dumping into google sheets) and I hope everything is correct. I didn't really double check it. I put the classes in order from magic based to physical based (based off their total BWIAS sums) and had some interesting observations/discrepancies that don't seem to fit very well. I'm also missing the spell bonus because I don't know them all.

1. Necro gets a higher base weapon skill than warrior
2. AH doesn't get regenerate - AT doesn't get meditate. Both of these should be available I feel like, as just 10 max base (or even 1)
3. Necro & Ninja get conc, but Seyan does not/
4. Guardian angel should be standardized in my opinion (90/120 base for all?)
5. Resistance is one of the most important skills and should be standard 120 for all I feel like. If not, then the curve is off. 90 - 105 - 90 - 120 - 105 - 105 - 120, if the curve is followed correctly then Seyan should get +15 for 105, and necro -15 for 105
6. Imm is similar to res, the curve is off - Ninja is low, Necro is high once again, and the poor sorc and AH should probably get 60 / 30 max respectively.
7. Harden is available to Necro/AT only and seems like Ninja/Warrior is missing. Necro also gets MS?
8. SH2 not available for the ninja, but Seyan and Necro get it? Sad
9. MS curve is good, but Sorc not getting it and Seyan & Necro is odd. Sorc should get 105, Ninja maybe 60, Warrior 30?
10. Not sure how I feel about Necro/Ninja not getting stun or curse. Maybe 60 stun for ninja and 60 curse for Necro?
11. Dispel missing from the poor Sorc again and curve drops off at 75 for necro. Maybe ninja 60 and warrior 30?
12. AH heal is lower than sorc - should be 120?
13. GC missing from poor sorc again. Maybe they can have a special/different GC that does uhhh... idk lol. Necro has cool ones.
14. Undead/skele companion missing from /listskills so their mods are not there, did not want to assume Bra Wil Int
15. C2 curve looks off. Necro is high and ninja is missing
16. Blast 2 I feel like should be available to Sorc
17. Poison I feel like should be available to Necro

These observations are very high level view/balance related and my last two points:

Max mod seems wonky to me, it basically nerfs SS gear/sets for certain classes which changes a core feature of the game. I.e. I think a warrior can reach max mod spell with SS set, just like an AH can, giving their spells the same strength but not really, which transitions to my second point. Why is spell bonus a thing? I feel like this was once a band aid used to nerf and buff classes which shouldn't be. The buffs and nerfs should happen within max skills as this is very consistent and easy to balance other things around once balanced max skills are dialed in.

thanks for reading!

Last edited by Bringer on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Bringer
Private First Class
Private First Class

If this better belongs in the suggestion board feel free to move it please. I just started with the google sheet as a guide and decided after to add on the observations

Marky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

My opinion below, feel free to correct me, and of course to disagree Smile

Necro has 80 int in your spreadsheet. It is 60 max.
Necro has no Harden.
Necro has curse, indirectly. They can get C2.
Did you use /maxt to check the values?

You compare various values. Did you take into account the effect of brave/will/int and bless?
And an archtemplar might have lower values on their own scrolls, but they might increase on ish scrolls. If they are just as great as some other races, imagine what would happen when they are spelled on a good moon by a RB2 maxed sorc?

1. Necro gets a higher base weapon skill than warrior
A warrior is a basic character. You get him from arching a merc. A necro requires a noble char that you sacrifice. And no poles or fk's reactivated.
Having higher base weapon then would make sense to me.

2. AH doesn't get regenerate - AT doesn't get meditate. Both of these should be available I feel like, as just 10 max base (or even 1)
IMO AH doesn't need regenerate at all. AH is a speller, and it would make sense AH uses heal. I never had an issue with AH (or a harakim) not having regenerate.
AT does get meditate. That is called a staff. Or you use an axe and have to use flowers and gmanas. You survive quite easily when your spells run out, unlike all spellers. A bit of a downside seems fair.

3. Necro & Ninja get conc, but Seyan does not.
True. Is this a problem? Seyans do lack mana to use B2, C2 and poison continuously. But they do have SH2 and a big sword, that should be their focus.
The option to have B2, C2 and poison is nice, the limited mana seems to be a fair balance.

4. Guardian angel should be standardized in my opinion (90/120 base for all?)
With difference in mods thru BWI and bless, you would end up with a big variation in mod value. Besides, who uses this these days?

5. Resistance is one of the most important skills and should be standard 120 for all I feel like. If not, then the curve is off. 90 - 105 - 90 - 120 - 105 - 105 - 120, if the curve is followed correctly then Seyan should get +15 for 105, and necro -15 for 105
BAS and BIW+bless have great effect on resistance. Comparing max base values doesn't work for that reason.
I had a sorc that could get near 250 res on a gpot. Add a nice shield with res and he has got over 250 res.
An AH doesn't use dagger usually at higher level. On a gpot an AH has way lower res. With a dagger ss-ed for res and a shield with res, a high value is within reach.
All TH fighters can't carry a shield. They all rely on their weapon. Ss-ing that weapon is only a short fix. Ice cloak is there, of course.
And they have much higher gear (cry/tit). That gets hit way less and ages much slower.

Comparing base values or mod values have limited use, I would say.

6. Imm is similar to res, the curve is off - Ninja is low, Necro is high once again, and the poor sorc and AH should probably get 60 / 30 max respectively.
Imm is moded by BWI+bless, of course, but mainly by BAS. Ninja has 120 Agi. That gives a nice extra boost.
And I assume Necro is supposed to be better. It takes more effort to get it.

Playing on a sorc or AH is quite different, indeed. A curse can drop your stats to useless. Having to respell at that point can mean death (or recall).
And a long stun will happen too, when you're not careful.
That is why you play differently on those chars. And that is quite doable.
If all were the same, then there is no point of having multiple classes, right?

A sorc could use stealth and then stun the other. Or might even try compulse.
An AH might cast GC, spell him and have him catch all bad magic.

There is also a good thing about having no immunity. It doesn't cost any exp Wink

7. Harden is available to Necro/AT only and seems like Ninja/Warrior is missing. Necro also gets MS?
Harden is only available on AT. Not that many people use it.
It does compensate the lack of good spells now and then, if you want.
Necro does have MS.

8. SH2 not available for the ninja, but Seyan and Necro get it? Sad
And AT have it too, of course.

Sorc has no blast2.
Ninja and sorc do have poison. That is the only area damage that they have.
Sorc could have up to 3 compulsed creatures. Too bad you can't have them everywhere, like in Abandoned Town.
Sorc is good at stun and run in pents. Getting high exp there is easy.
I have seen a ninja do UW penting pretty quick.
Looks to me sorc and ninja have their purpose at smaller fights.

9. MS curve is good, but Sorc not getting it and Seyan & Necro is odd. Sorc should get 105, Ninja maybe 60, Warrior 30?
A sorc uses a strong curse before he fights. Less attack, no need for MS. Sure, it would be nice. But would make a sorc lazy, nothing else Wink
Raising stats on a seyan and necro is expensive. They get for example gold armor much later than a merc or templar.
The MS compensates for that at lower levels. At higher levels, they have a good armor (necro gets cry, not tit) and MS.
They don't get a good curse like AH or Sorc, but I am not sure they need it.
75 max MS on necro, and lower BWI_bless, compared to 120 max on AH, with higher BWI+Bless, a big difference.

10. Not sure how I feel about Necro/Ninja not getting stun or curse. Maybe 60 stun for ninja and 60 curse for Necro?
Necro gets C2.
It should be good that classes have different stats, so they are played different.
A sorc with warcry, harden, a GC, MS, B2, DW would be nice, sure. And there are many other things that would be nice.
Every class should have it's own strengths and challenges, I would say.

60 curse for a Necro, to pick one, would make it probably expensive to raise. So you will raise it slowly and it will never be really useful.
When maxed, you can use it on creatures that are too low to use it on. You use kill them.

They both have Blind. With 120 base stealth on Ninja, and high mods on stealth, he has the second best thing already.

11. Dispel missing from the poor Sorc again and curve drops off at 75 for necro. Maybe ninja 60 and warrior 30?
As before: if you make them all the same, then you will kill the fun, imo.
A sorc can really get messed up when cursed. Add a nice stun and it's bye bye when you are unlucky.
So you play different.
Does this mean a sorc is very weak? A non-RB Baron sorc can solo prison, as Smeyan proves over and over.
Just don't get cursed and if you do, run into a dark corner and wait for it to wear off Razz

12. AH heal is lower than sorc - should be 120?
AH HP is lower than sorc.

13. GC missing from poor sorc again. Maybe they can have a special/different GC that does uhhh... idk lol. Necro has cool ones.
Sorc doesn't have to choose arch skills, he gets them all. One of them is compulsion, that gives you 3 companions. Okay, they can't go through portals.
And that just might be a good thing Razz

14. Undead/skele companion missing from /listskills so their mods are not there, did not want to assume Bra Wil Int
Indeed, perhaps LL has a moment to spare to adjust this? Smile
Might be on his to do list already, with a few dozen others Razz

15. C2 curve looks off. Necro is high and ninja is missing
Ninja has high stealth and Blind. Prevents stun and curse.
Am not sure how much necro uses C2. Got no experience with a high necro.

16. Blast 2 I feel like should be available to Sorc
At several moments I agree. But when he uses compulse and gets 3 gc's, then I don't agree at all.
And stun and run sorcs wouldn't care less Wink
In abandoned town they eventually can use C2 stun blast stun blast to kill off the mobs pretty quick.

17. Poison I feel like should be available to Necro
Necro gets dual weild. That comes with poison.