Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Sewer 2 Extension 
zarrotsu
Corporal
Corporal

Since Sewer 1 has an extended area that can theoretically be used for grinding, I figured there may as well be an extended area for Sewer 2 as well. To make it interesting, it would contain a few self-contained quests to make it an effective grinding area for 2nd lieutenant through til Lieutenant Colonel.

Here is the map I put together, along with an overlay example for how the two fit together. I will try to explain each segment, but the entrance is the bottom middle just before Warriors turn to Knights. The red arrow on the left dictates where a ladder would lead, while the dotted line on the right shows how to enter this extended area.

-

-

First, you enter area 1 at the bottom. Area 1 will consist of knights, barons, and counts (green, blue, magenta floors in the images respectively).

The entrance to area 1 is dictated by what appears to be a small house. Inside will be a man named Researcher, using a Harakim character model.

"Hello <name>. My colleague and I are studying the Greenlings and their source. If you find any strange plants beyond here, bring them to me and I will reward you."

On the map you can see three magenta dots; each of these would be a flower or other herb of some sort. They take 10 to 15 minutes to respawn, and can be returned to the researcher for exp at around 12,000 each. As you can see, these plants are distant from one another and all routes lead back to the first opening area, allowing for up to three people to run this quest at the same time going their own direction and collecting their own plant.

Each green dot is of course a greenling spawner, and hopefully between walking to the plant, grabbing it, returning to the researcher, etcetera, greenlings will have started to respawn and will stunt the player's walk just enough that each trip should yield a new flower. If possible an extra contingency could be made to only allow the player to carry one flower at a time, or alternatively the flower respawns immediately after it is given to the researcher. Edit: OR just make them take like 40 minutes to respawn so by the time you finish all three routes the first flower has respawned?

The yellow cross at the top of the area is an exp pole, worth 20,000.

-

Next, area 2 at the top. The entrance will have a second Researcher, this one with the Arch-Harakim model, offering a similar quest but with a different plant that can be found at three locations in Area 2. These flowers will give something more beneficial per turn-in, perhaps 30,000 exp each or more.

Area 2 is starts with Counts where the floor is magenta, and turns to dukes where the floor is red. Next to each flower you can see several dark purple dots: these would each be a 'Greenling Guard' with the same effective strength as the Greenling Prince, carrying Prince eyes.

I also deemed it appropriate to just remove the hidden room behind the Greenling King, since it's not really being used any more anyway...

The yellow cross in the bottom right at the end of its own separate segment is an exp pole, worth 50,000.

-

Hopefully the addition of these areas would give something new for players to do before they're able to arch, and still yield some decent experience points along the way.