Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Fire NPCs, strange and missing sprites 
Inappropriate
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Me and smeyan were getting my new character an ankh necklace and he comped the flames. The flames appeared to change into a sword when it opened a door as it's opening animation from the south. It was strange and I mentioned it to smeyan, then we started to mess around with them trying to get them to open a door again. Shortly later the gargoyle we were waiting for spawned and the flames turned into question marks and stuff while chat was spammed with missing sprites. One was attacking the garg from the north and the other was attacking from the west. Being comped must have changed something with them, I grabbed a picture of the chat and of me/smeyan, but smeyan transfered them after the fight.

https://gyazo.com/285349977e1e1e66da9066d5960ce98b

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

It is possible that flames never had certain sprites created - like spiders used to miss a bunch.
I think we fixed the spiders but I was not aware of the flames.

Compulsing them may cause them to do actions, like cast spells etc., that they do not have sprites for.

I would need a creative sprite maker to help fix this.

Vlad
Private
Private

Flames pretty much only have a handful of unique sprites, if I remember correctly, since their animations are so simple and they basically do the same movements for everything they do in the Black Stronghold. Would it be easier to just copy/paste a few of their random sprites and rename the pasted ones as whatever is missing? Might look a tiny bit janky, but it could work, if you know what sprite numbers the client is looking for.