Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Champion Quest 
Bringer
Private First Class
Private First Class

I think it would be nice to change the champion quest from a waiting game. I didn't know about this when I came back and now my char feels forever handicapped because that weapon is so strong and good looking! But also I think the champion quests are a very good and fun idea. (Does anyone ever watch AGDQ?)

Here are some of my ideas which some can work in tandem with each other.

1)Fastest time gets the title Champion and the weapon, but everyone who finishes within a certain time threshold gets the weapon too, but no title.
2)Increase volume of Champion quests to every 4-6 weeks, but make them more difficult. I.e. restrictions on everything to where you can't even lab with other people.
3)Add champion items for every slot so Hara's can get an amulet or shield if they'd like, for example
4)Give incentive for champion quests to be repeatable. Maybe add some transferable tokens to buy the new items on main chars that tie into #2. Fastest time could get more tokens, meeting deadline could be less. This would mean a lot of people would have a lot of unused chars they use for speed running (see #5)
5)Allow chars to be deleted into Soulstones. So if you do a champion run on a templar but already have one and you have no use for it, you can convert the templar into... 40? Soulstones with the same amount of exp.

Just some ideas. Very Happy

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

The evolution of a silly idea.

Champion quests can not be repeatable as by their very nature they were designed to start at private.

Having said that I did add in the flexibility to have a different starting level but I did not have any intention of ever using it.

So given that it is not repeatable because you have to be a private to start and no one can go back to private, except of course rebirthed warlords who restart as privates.
But normal players can not go back to private, except Seyans or necromancers who also restart as privates. And maybe Ninjas soon.
But other normal players can not go back to private unless they has a soulstone to hold their experience. {What a silly idea - who would have thunk of that?].

So if such a soulstone was able to suck out all of their experience and save it for later, just for them, then they could become a private again.
No one would be so silly as to want to do that, unless they wanted to redo the champions quest.

So what if there was such a magical soulstone, it was soulbound to prevent abuse and it allowed a player to return to private rank.
Could they redo a champ quest?
The player would have to be completely empty of all items, including worn, carried, bank and personal depot, if it was a restricted champ quest.
But in theory it would be possible.

Would that make players more or less likely to want to do the champ quests?
Or would that mean that they just keep running their main alt through it over and over again?

The rest of the suggestions are already doable with none or minimal change if desirable and we have the time to do it.

I am interested in whether people think having their souls sucked dry is such a great idea.

Of course the soulstone process would be reversible, at the end after the champ quest was completed, provided the SS had not been lost.
Now that would be a tragedy.
No refunds on lost items.

See what happens when people have silly ideas.
I write too much!

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

That may also have the intended or unintended consequence of allowing players to respect a character if they did not like the build.
hmmm....

Bringer
Private First Class
Private First Class

That's a good #6 idea!

Maybe though you should reserve the Champion title only for those who did it on the character's first play through though, so as to not take anything away from anyone. This would result in people making tons of new chars though if #4 was implemented without #6, but then #5 would come in handy so the character doesn't just rot away. It could be recycled into SS for your main char, provided they won the quest or beat the deadline time.

or maybe...

If they character finishes the quest, ranks up to lets say... rank 15, they could recycle the character into 6x fully customizable rank 15 SS gear of their choice.

I think all of these ideas would be fun and add more replayability to the game Razz

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

I'm just going to throw the idea here;

could we let champions joins events such a ML/LQ?

It's not too often that we have 10players online.
When you open champion quest we usually get more players to play. Sadly I can't really enjoy it as much as I would like.
It's actually a bad time to host anything because only normal characters will participate while the others are racing eachothers to the final.
Its not like we're having too many events a year? And even if we did

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

The reasons for locking Champions Quest (CQ) players out of the live quests is that the CQ is a time based event.
So someone earning 100k exp reward in a live quest could alter the outcome of the Champ Quest , positively or negatively depending on the time taken and reward given..

Not sure how to get around that.

TheFroggles
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

The inclusion of old characters in champion quests via soulstone rebirth sounds reasonable and potentially pretty fun to me, although it leads to a few more questions:

1.) Would soulstone character keep their arch race? Or would an Arch Hara become a normal Hara?
2.) Would poles and FK exp bonuses be reset, so soulstone characters can remain competetive to true new characters?

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

In its simplest form, the soul vacuum just extracts all the useable experience from the player, and deranks them back to the default for the private rank of that template.
That is called available experience points and can be reused by the player when they utilise the trapped soul in the future.

hp/end/mana from ranking is removed and the rank saved for record.
Your ranked level is reset to private.

Available experience in the soul is made up of:
- Available (unused) experience
- Experience from reversing all the skills back to template defaults

Other experience is the difference between total experience and available experience.
This will be added back to your total experience at the end but will not be able to be used to raise skills.

Resetting races and FKs and poles is considerably more complex, in the doing and in the undoing at the end.
I would need to think of the implications of both of these.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

How much do, lets say, ALL First Kills and Poles give on average for experience?

Say in total from Fks and Poles until Arching you get 4 Million exp.

When the Players Soulstone and revert back all their experience, there will be a penalty and it takes off 4 Million experience.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Available and total experience (2 fields)
Race changes (1 field)
War lord resets (1 field)
Poles (12 fields)
FKs (10 fields)
Sub total 26 data fields

Quest items (destroy)
Pdepot must be empty and will become inaccessible.
Bank must be empty or may be removed to pdepot.
Soulbound items (destroy or store) Unknown quantity
Items worn and carried (20 + 1 + 40 fields) Move to pdepot

All need to be able to be considered.
I have 20 fields available on the soul vacuum item and maybe 60 for items in the pdepot (access to which would be blocked).

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

OK this is all getting to complex and each investigation finds a new issue.
There is not enough room on the soul vacuum item to be able to store everything needed.

Switching to Plan B. Hopefully simpler.

On the issue of FKs and Poles, which would give more experience?
- FKs and Poles gained from ranking from Private to Brig
OR
- Same amount of time spent penting as a brig or higher

My suspicion is that there would not be a significant advantage to a reset player by having FKs and Poles available again.

Drink
Major
Major

Lordlava wrote:
OK this is all getting to complex and each investigation finds a new issue.
There is not enough room on the soul vacuum item to be able to store everything needed.

Switching to Plan B. Hopefully simpler.

On the issue of FKs and Poles, which would give more experience?
- FKs and Poles gained from ranking from Private to Brig
OR
- Same amount of time spent penting as a brig or higher

My suspicion is that there would not be a significant advantage to a reset player by having FKs and Poles available again.

Would this not also give Rebirth'd poles as-well? (Advantage!)
From my understanding they are much more exp.

Alternatively Lava if you are going down this route why would you not just make it so the weapon is transferable to an Alt?
Make new character, win the scroll, give to character of your choosing.

OR as it is, new character!

It has taken me two weeks to get back to General.
I have abandoned my other Seyan and he's now soon to be a profession alt.
If you want a Champ Weap make some sacrifices! (isn't leveling the fun part!?Razz)