Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Professions Remix 
Mino
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

I think Blacksmith should be Separated into two Professions called Weaponsmith and Armor Smith

Now reason for this is Templars (as always) are left the poopy end of stick when comes to proffessions (or that's my view please correct me if I'm wrong)

Armor Smith would keep same BWIAS modifiers as current Blacksmith.
Blacksmith(now Armorsmith) would have any weapon making capabilities removed such as wand/staves and woluld retain all armor/shield abilities.

Weaponsmith: The BWIAS stat modifiers would be geared to be more for an Arch templar making use of Brave Agil Str (have to tweak and test if any penalties would have to be added as to not make it to easy for AT to have insane mod?

Weaponsmith modifiers # added to equip can use same table as current B.S. and would give a proff that is at least decent for an AT.
(Plus ever since I started the profession journey all I picture is a tin can smashing away with his hammer making weapons of legend as they are supposed to be Trained Masters in Phyisical/Weapon combat)

As it stands now Blacksmith has a huge advantage on the list and # of items it can build and i feel would be little more diverse going this route.

Maybe older existing weapons can be added to Weaponsmith such as axes,swords, even new category of gloves/gauntlets that use H2h
As weapon skill glove could be one handed and gauntlets 2handed?

Anyway as always feel free to tear idea apart and pointout
Any flaws...constructive critical is wonderful thing

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

When the professions were implemented, they were supposed to be a trial, a proof on concept, to be further developed and enhanced.
Alas, we were too efficient and built a whole system around them.

LazyW is looking at a remix of the Professions.
This can include splitting the triple system (Harvest then Craft then Blacksmith) into something different, including only one or two in a sequence to work together.

The system was originally designed to be flexible enough that little coding changes would be required.

Anything to do with the scrolls (items made, items required, costs, profession needed) he can change immediately just using CGI.
If you require something in the code (change of profession name or anything to do with the experience or ranking or BWIAS) then I will need to be involved in the coding.
Mining changes are still based on the Mines logic and still require coding changes.

LW has suggested something aligned with your suggestions below and is quite open to suggestions and discussions.