Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Use emeralds instead of sapphires and the whole harden/warcurse part of what you said becomes irrelevent because you no longer get hit. Theres zero reason to be using saphs for fighting on a templar like you do.
As for warcurse -10 heal it was doing, are you seriously saying thats better than 15-20 av? you know av is flat reduction of damage and heal scales very slowly right?

As for 3 hours testing... I honestly don't believe you, last time you made a post claiming to have tried it you had 20 minutes online undrugged saying you "tested" it. And even now its still only 40 minutes online time since it got added . Even if you did, use proper gear for testing. Not saphs with zero spell gear.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Okay so, lets recap. Penting for a Templar means Either spamming WC to keep everything frozen and touching pents Or killing everything that sees you, pretty much everything.

You can always use Warcry to try and take pents faster while the mobs are frozen, faster exp, but then your endurance doesn't recharge as fast to do it every single time.

Now, I could do 1 Mill+ exp on a Gmoon a few months back, AVERAGE. Some times I would do 1.1+ Some other times I would reach 900k+ barely.

1 Mill per Gmoon day as was my average, I know this because I was focused in getting 1 mill exp a day or so and the days I could do it faster was on Gmoon days, as it would take around 1 hour+ or so, other days were running with Mayhem through CQ repeatable quests and some times penting, at least 500k a day was the goal to be made.

So, my time measurement was 1 Dpot +1 Gpot. _ About as much as a gmoon, a tad longer. That's were my averages would come in at 1 mill ish a gmoon.

Considering this and having tried different styles after the New WC release, my belief is that either the buff was more like a nerf or the UW Golems got buffed somehow because from the last few times I have tested a Gpot+ Dpot - 6+ gmoons - I have not been able to get more than 700-800k exp.

And yes, I have tried my single 2 handed Axe of doom, I have tried with just Dual wield, I have tried a mix of both. So I am unsure what to think.

I mean I know on paper the new buff should look greater than the apparent LOW curse which WC used to have, but to me it seems that that low curse was greater than the AV removal. And yes, I Have max Wc base and I have WC gear as well. +50 or so extra mods from just gear, could be more but I forgot, But I know it's above 50 mods.

Edit: I use 2 emerald rings and activate them once in a while and spell myself with activated ROPS as well. I think gear wise I might not have your gear, but I think I am pretty okay. And lets not account being rebirthed as I am comparing myself as Noble to a few months back as Noble. With similar stats and even less.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Labfiveonly wrote:
Okay so, lets recap. Penting for a Templar means Either spamming WC to keep everything frozen and touching pents Or killing everything that sees you, pretty much everything.

You can always use Warcry to try and take pents faster while the mobs are frozen, faster exp, but then your endurance doesn't recharge as fast to do it every single time.

Now, I could do 1 Mill+ exp on a Gmoon a few months back, AVERAGE. Some times I would do 1.1+ Some other times I would reach 900k+ barely.

1 Mill per Gmoon day as was my average, I know this because I was focused in getting 1 mill exp a day or so and the days I could do it faster was on Gmoon days, as it would take around 1 hour+ or so, other days were running with Mayhem through CQ repeatable quests and some times penting, at least 500k a day was the goal to be made.

So, my time measurement was 1 Dpot +1 Gpot. _ About as much as a gmoon, a tad longer. That's were my averages would come in at 1 mill ish a gmoon.

Considering this and having tried different styles after the New WC release, my belief is that either the buff was more like a nerf or the UW Golems got buffed somehow because from the last few times I have tested a Gpot+ Dpot - 6+ gmoons - I have not been able to get more than 700-800k exp.

And yes, I have tried my single 2 handed Axe of doom, I have tried with just Dual wield, I have tried a mix of both. So I am unsure what to think.

I mean I know on paper the new buff should look greater than the apparent LOW curse which WC used to have, but to me it seems that that low curse was greater than the AV removal. And yes, I Have max Wc base and I have WC gear as well. +50 or so extra mods from just gear, could be more but I forgot, But I know it's above 50 mods.

Edit: I use 2 emerald rings and activate them once in a while and spell myself with activated ROPS as well. I think gear wise I might not have your gear, but I think I am pretty okay. And lets not account being rebirthed as I am comparing myself as Noble to a few months back as Noble. With similar stats and even less.

The curse literally does nothing relevant to penting.... the 10 mod.... perc I guess? Would be all that curse helps better over New wc, which is not even relevant for wc penting.
Haven't we already been over this in-game montha ago and determined you were misremembering lucky solve counts?
There is literally no way warcurse gives u a 60% boost or however much it's need to make up for nearly being able to warcry twice as often and kill faster.
Also was talking to asmo about rings not you.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

LazyWarrior wrote:
Labfiveonly wrote:

The curse literally does nothing relevant to penting.... the 10 mod.... perc I guess? Would be all that curse helps better over New wc, which is not even relevant for wc penting.
Haven't we already been over this in-game montha ago and determined you were misremembering lucky solve counts?
There is literally no way warcurse gives u a 60% boost or however much it's need to make up for nearly being able to warcry twice as often and kill faster.
Also was talking to asmo about rings not you.

I deleted the post I wrote in response to you but I will clarify. I do not use huge saph for penting or At. I use huge emeralds and plat axe/tit dw. I use staff and saphs only for mana regen when out of pents/at. Please do not infer my understanding of the class simply by /look when I am temple sitting. I have not been able to consistently hit over 900k per hour in pents for a while now, this might be related to not having solo pents or high solve counts but that is to be expected in a rng based mmo environment.

I check out a quick run today of AT and I do see an increase in damage for both sh/sh2 after curse but it has not been in the order of 2-3x. I hit 2-3% normal and 3-4% with wc. It is an increase, but not as substantial as you are experiencing. This is with 200+ wc. Obviously higher stats might have a larger impact but keep in mind that we are discussing AT at large and not simply optimal set ups. Balancing from the top down isn't all that functional for what the AT community has been expressing over the past few years.

I will admit that ATs cannot in my experience hit 1m+ per hour easily on normal conditions, gmoon is different as it does provide a nice boost to rates but non gmoon, I avg probably 750k/h in uw and around 500-600k in fdm at. Varies greatly based on solve count or exp scroll values. I am not saying the change is terrible but it isn't as great as you make it out to be in my opinion. This is my impression of it. On paper and in practice often are different animals and in this case it seems like it at this point. I will continue to check out the values and test in other conditions including gpot/dpot and some of my statted gear and will get back to you at that point.

Haraking
Corporal
Corporal

I am just wondering why we don't have godly 2h axe yet...

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Haraking wrote:

No sprites, tedious to make in cgi, and godly weapons are mostly useless as they last 15 minutes.
It just doesn't even feel worth it to add them.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

LazyWarrior wrote:
Haraking wrote:

No sprites, tedious to make in cgi, and godly weapons are mostly useless as they last 15 minutes.

Two handed axes

One handed axes

I did my fair share of testing and trying the new warcry. (2mins) I warcried mino once and ran. So theres a cool down now apparently. I bet I can't kill anyone in pvp anymore without skua scrolls.

Haraking
Corporal
Corporal

LazyWarrior wrote:
Haraking wrote:

Sprites easy to make. i think i seen most done already years ago in the sprite extraction because i changed my reg 2h axe to it. and alot of items are useless to some but not everyone. some just have a collectors value to it but people still want it... also i know nothing of cgi stuff but that seems to be the downfall of everything.

chronicxx
Corporal
Corporal

Shouldn't all the classes be tested vanilla with no gear just basic equipment and all of them be balanced like that. You guys add far to many arguments and reliability in comments for drugs and gear and this pot and that pot. TBH shut the Crispies up haha. If you go off and rpots, gpots, dpots and ppots. Then craftsbles so be it that's all economic Reeses in my opinion. Kitkat to be sold not to Twix that a shield has +1 more swords "omg! Game breaking Ohhenry" this game is 20 years old gum flappers and keyboard saints! Who the Smarties cares about pvp? Hershey a duck dudes your game isn't even an MMO any more it's just an online game, that's it. Sorry to burst your bubbles! Your games time has wayyyyy passed.

CoffeeCrips knows why a Templar even uses mana in this game it literally makes no sense!

Hara = wizard uses billions of mana
Merc = (uses both) more of a bard theif type conception then breaks down into two separate archs because lets face it. seyan should be the most powerful cuz it's the iconic race of the game!
Templar = high hit points and should in my opinion use no mana at all and all on hp loss and endurance use. And it would actually make it more unique, fucking stood there watching a Tincan bang out wizard spells I mean who the Snickers who even thought of that. That idea was legitimately the worst idea in a pc game I've ever seen and such a rookie development mistake in my
Mind. Templars should be all like chop chopidy chops-cicles bits of grolms flying around not chpppy choppy "one sec mate as I bang out a wizard spell" -bless, protection, enhance- what the Caramilk is that! That's your whole problem with a Templar. Have some passion for the pure hack and slash I expected a Templar arched to be like swinging swords chopping legs off letting off warcrys that make everything Aero itself followed by some faith based endurance shit like will not give up Crunchies like the black knight in the holy grail! Yes mate that would of been so so much better.

Seyan like I said before best of both hara and Templar it's got the meat and the veggies!

Necromancer is just a poor excuse to make something newer in the game and clearly was the conception of staff members who pushed it more than likely to attempt to give the game a bit more modernisation.

/override rant
/skua

Just my opinion on the concept of what a Templar ought to be.

Edited: addition thoughts yes! /override rant!

Changes I'd like to see is get rid of that spell crap on templars bless prot and ew and introduce faith based skills being that a Templar is a faith based knight and make it use endurance and get rid of resistance they don't need that! More
Immunity would be a good start let them be stunned easily, cursed and poisoned even blinded their immunity as they grow should see them shrug that off in just a couple of seconds. Why THE BOUNTY does warcry reduce armour that makes no sense, sort that out! It should make enemies scared in fear and make them weak at the knees I.e slow down their dps. Clearly that would be better. Like I said before endurance from their faith so it would be a skill like bless/prot/ew all in 1 skill if you have to keep the poxy mana thing for them it should be biased 80/20 end/mana use. How on this green and blue earth did someone decide that a tank should end up slugging back more mana potions than a wizard based race so frequently, I mean come on. Wake up it's a tank!!!! Hit points baby and insane surround critical hits! Not an endless pile of mana flasks the shame of it. Shame on that person who made that decision. Get naked now and go outside with a bell and walk that street! Shame..........shame.........shame.........shame.........shame........shame.........shame...........shame!

Edited again.

make the faith based skill replacement of the bless/prot/ew drain on endurance like my mercy saggy mining arms and rotund belly.

I literally have never been able to let the mana Templar thing go. I just have this sad image of the Templar in retirement with his broken home around him and peasant attire sloshing around like mana addicted drunk. With his only possession a pile of used flasks as his fortune was spent on greater mana potions from all the alchemists who have beautiful houses and all his gold. Just the shame of it! Omg I need therapy. It's been 15 years and it still just kills me.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

You sound hungry. I'm out of words.
+1

chronicxx
Corporal
Corporal

Hungry indeed. Hungry to see a tank that doesn't use mana potions more than any other race. Just rediculous. In my mind that literally broke the concept and idea of what a tank is.

The Templar should be renamed to Knight. There is absolutely nothing in this game that resembles any form of what a Templar is.

Templar is the one race I'd actually like to play in this game but I won't because I consider it to be a completely broken class.
I literally can't face the idea that a Templar casts wizard spells just the most hideous concept

Literally any game you can think of realised this about tanks and removed all wizard based skills on them and replaced them with either fighting techniques or weapon focusing or elemental damage of weapons, higher resistances/immunities towards damage anything but WIZARD SPELLS! This will be forever the reason I don't play a Templar because the class just doesn't make sense. I'm fairly certain it's why all the balancing issues occurred around it in this game over the years and I'm certain the class needs a total overhaul. To work off of endurance and hit points.

They shouldn't even have a heal spell in my opinion get rid of that and make their regenerate top priority for gaining hp back in battle or sacrifice endurance to be healed over time and reduce endurance over time. anyway I'm posting the same thing again here so I'm stopping now.

Neekur
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

in bolders gate, and champions of norath templers used heal and other blessings as well as enchanments to upgrade gear, and themselves Smile in all honestly I don't bolive they should take out the buffs cause there isent 100% of the time a person to help a templer and there mod is so low ish spells and crap doesn't work that good in my eyes, but I would agree with renaiming there spells since its a holy spell like holy bless holy EW that can only be cast on the templer and is slightly better Smile

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Worst part of B0lder's Gate was collecting the rock bolders needed to build THE Gate to hold the evil Kobold Archers from pew pew pewing everyone with their annoying volley of arrows and not Iron for an Iron gate of course because Iron was not cool and trendy anymore, it was so last century.

----------------------------------

Chronicxx way of balancing seems pretty spot on.

Make skills which give a boost to a Templar through some kind of Faith/Warring/Fighting skill.

Make them un-spellable but give them the ability to boost themselves up properly like any other race in the game. Gpots and other stuff also affects them accordingly.
And yes rather than Mana, the endurance recovery skill, rest, should also heal your HP faster and END faster as well to help you recover fast enough to get stronger or deal damage faster.

Perhaps an skill that works like Harden, but instead of Hardening your skin, it makes your muscles swell and you can see those veins popping while you look at yourself in that gym mirror, and think "so swell bro, so frigging swell" thus giving you an extra boost so you can swing your 2Handed axe and give heavier hits to the enemies, thus dealing more damage. And bigger muscles are importanter always.

Another way to balance warcry, is, to, maybe, perhaps, go back to the curse/stun to lower stats rather than lowering armor. A Warcry should be something that should make enemies nervous, scream for their lives and pee themselves a little, all of this making them weaker, something like what curse does, lower their overall stats.

Not armor. I mean, a Warcry should not damage ARMOR unless we are talking about Baldur's gate Iron armor, I mean Bolder's Rock armor, or what ever it was, getting weaker with a warcry? really? I mean, maybe if your Warcry spew some kind of acid spit that rusts/corrodes/damages any kind and type of metal, but then we shouldn't call it Warcry, but maybe more like Warpuke? PukeOWar? WarVomit? Guttercry?

Anyways, back to balancing.

- Remove Spells.
- Give us an skill which mods our other skills. (Like bless, yes, but we don't need bless, we need Battle Prowess or something c00l).
- Give us an option to boost our WV with an skill like Harden which relies on endurance used/time.
- Give us faster health regeneration and endurance regeneration and an skill which we can activate with a cooldown that will boost faster health regeneration for a few seconds at the cost of endurance when we are in a pinch, maybe also raise av so we get less dmg, make it a short boost and fast regen, you guys know how to balance stuff. Like a heal but it doesn't give you a bunch of health, it just adds a boost to the regen and it adds a bit of more protection so you can still die, but not as fast. Or even trade endurance/ muscles for health... catabolism??? - Not so swell anymore bro.
- Get our warcry to lower stats over lowering AV, maybe even make the enemies miss hits, run in fear after the initial stun, cry for their moms, cause they be scared and stuff.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

chronicxx wrote:
Shouldn't all the classes be tested vanilla with no gear just basic equipment and all of them be balanced like that. You guys add far to many arguments and reliability in comments for drugs and gear and this pot and that pot. TBH shut the Crispies up haha. If you go off and rpots, gpots, dpots and ppots. Then craftsbles so be it that's all economic Reeses in my opinion. Kitkat to be sold not to Twix that a shield has +1 more swords "omg! Game breaking Ohhenry" this game is 20 years old gum flappers and keyboard saints! Who the Smarties cares about pvp? Hershey a duck dudes your game isn't even an MMO any more it's just an online game, that's it. Sorry to burst your bubbles! Your games time has wayyyyy passed.

CoffeeCrips knows why a Templar even uses mana in this game it literally makes no sense!

Hara = wizard uses billions of mana
Merc = (uses both) more of a bard theif type conception then breaks down into two separate archs because lets face it. seyan should be the most powerful cuz it's the iconic race of the game!
Templar = high hit points and should in my opinion use no mana at all and all on hp loss and endurance use. And it would actually make it more unique, fucking stood there watching a Tincan bang out wizard spells I mean who the Snickers who even thought of that. That idea was legitimately the worst idea in a pc game I've ever seen and such a rookie development mistake in my
Mind. Templars should be all like chop chopidy chops-cicles bits of grolms flying around not chpppy choppy "one sec mate as I bang out a wizard spell" -bless, protection, enhance- what the Caramilk is that! That's your whole problem with a Templar. Have some passion for the pure hack and slash I expected a Templar arched to be like swinging swords chopping legs off letting off warcrys that make everything Aero itself followed by some faith based endurance shit like will not give up Crunchies like the black knight in the holy grail! Yes mate that would of been so so much better.

Seyan like I said before best of both hara and Templar it's got the meat and the veggies!

Necromancer is just a poor excuse to make something newer in the game and clearly was the conception of staff members who pushed it more than likely to attempt to give the game a bit more modernisation.

/override rant
/skua

Just my opinion on the concept of what a Templar ought to be.

Edited: addition thoughts yes! /override rant!

Changes I'd like to see is get rid of that spell crap on templars bless prot and ew and introduce faith based skills being that a Templar is a faith based knight and make it use endurance and get rid of resistance they don't need that! More
Immunity would be a good start let them be stunned easily, cursed and poisoned even blinded their immunity as they grow should see them shrug that off in just a couple of seconds. Why THE BOUNTY does warcry reduce armour that makes no sense, sort that out! It should make enemies scared in fear and make them weak at the knees I.e slow down their dps. Clearly that would be better. Like I said before endurance from their faith so it would be a skill like bless/prot/ew all in 1 skill if you have to keep the poxy mana thing for them it should be biased 80/20 end/mana use. How on this green and blue earth did someone decide that a tank should end up slugging back more mana potions than a wizard based race so frequently, I mean come on. Wake up it's a tank!!!! Hit points baby and insane surround critical hits! Not an endless pile of mana flasks the shame of it. Shame on that person who made that decision. Get naked now and go outside with a bell and walk that street! Shame..........shame.........shame.........shame.........shame........shame.........shame...........shame!

Edited again.

make the faith based skill replacement of the bless/prot/ew drain on endurance like my mercy saggy mining arms and rotund belly.

I literally have never been able to let the mana Templar thing go. I just have this sad image of the Templar in retirement with his broken home around him and peasant attire sloshing around like mana addicted drunk. With his only possession a pile of used flasks as his fortune was spent on greater mana potions from all the alchemists who have beautiful houses and all his gold. Just the shame of it! Omg I need therapy. It's been 15 years and it still just kills me.

Day 15 still no one has noticed my editing.

chronicxx
Corporal
Corporal

Gold star for your food based editing. Well done. Have we had the attention we want now :p

+1 lab5

Who was the one who decided warcry should effect armour? Shame!

Who decided that templars should drink buckets of mana potions ? Shame!

These people require a public apology to the Templar class.

I'm still not over this. clearly I need help and clearly these things, effect of immediately, need to change

All other projects should be abandoned to fix the Templar class and make it a true faith enduring knight and then resume the other projects it's just far to overdue. Far far to overdue!

The only thing I don't agree with on lab5's post is that spells should still have an impact on the Templar but at a reduction of 70% effect on templars and 50 % on arch templars only to include team play.

In return I believe the Arch Templar should also have an aura that increases the regenerate, rest and meditate of 10-15% of other classes in the range of b2. Which will not effect other arch templars so you don't end up with groups of arch temps e.g 10 of them receiving a further 100% boost to each other. You know what I mean.

Go now and make this possible and fix this long broken class! Go or shame!!!!! Smile