Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Prison 
Jennytulls
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Was the % for prison gear to be obtained from chest changed? I have now ran prison 40 times and not gotten a armor piece this seems a little ridiculous. Out of those 40 times I have gotten 1 prison token... so don't tell me about being able to trade them in. My suggestion make the armor pieces cost 15 prison tokens but give me a token after every run. This is ridiculous. *Rant over*

Asmodeus
Major
Major

And here I thought tokens dropped every time lol

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

I believe the chance is 1/8 for both token and armor pieces.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Jenny

I suggest you go out and buy a Lotto ticket.
Your luck is bound to change.

Jennytulls
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

LL People going into the Lotto know your odds are 1 in 200 million or whatever the ridiculous number is. But ppl are willing to take a chance because that is seriously life changing winning millions apon millions. Which I think your comment was a mere jab and has no substance. So now back to the real problem here. Here we are "claiming" the odds are 1/8. Which I have ran 40 times and yet to get an armor piece and I know Mino or Haiku ran it over 140 times and never got prison ammy. As I suggested before we get a prison token after every run but we up the cost of the pieces at trade in. IE 15 tokens. Or at the end allow us to pick our ending IE. if we need cloak we can pick Café or Lake for legs and so forth.

Exodus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I thought odds were 1/5

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Looks like it is 1 in chance to get a prison piece and 1 in 8 chance to get a token, i.e. 1 in 4 to get one of the two.

The balance is made up mainly of BWIAS scrolls or Dreadling Potions.

I do not recall the number of tokens required to swap for a missing piece of prison armour (LW can advise).

So on average you should get a prison piece every 8 runs. Some people faster and some slower.
The tokens were added for the unlucky ones like Exodus to slightly improve the odds and allow frequent runners to be able to selectively get a missing piece.

The prizes and frequency seem reasonable to me especially w.r.t. the speed at which you can race through the Prison.
The tokens allow you to have a better chance to get the entire set, if you use them wisely.

And yes JT my previous comment was an attempt at humour.

chronicxx
Corporal
Corporal

So as I understand it
BWIAS are 1-8?
Armour is 1-8
Ammy is 1-8?
Dpot 1-8
Token 1-8
So the chance of the armour becomes 1-72 chance realistically. If there is a percentage that the scrolls are favoured over the ammy and armour it could easily go quite high as a statistical chance. Which would make sense why mino run it over 140 times and didn't get the ammy.

What are all the statistical chances cuz you can just work it out on a calculator. If any of the above are changed to be 1-10 or even 1-12 matched against the other odds you can easily assume that an ammy might end up being 1-200

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

chronicxx wrote:
So as I understand it
BWIAS are 1-8?
Armour is 1-8
Ammy is 1-8?
Dpot 1-8
Token 1-8
So the chance of the armour becomes 1-72 chance realistically.

How would it be 1/72? the chance is 1/8 for an armor to drop.

Exodus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

1/72 I am confusion

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

LazyWarrior wrote:
chronicxx wrote:
So as I understand it
BWIAS are 1-8?
Armour is 1-8
Ammy is 1-8?
Dpot 1-8
Token 1-8
So the chance of the armour becomes 1-72 chance realistically.

How would it be 1/72? the chance is 1/8 for an armor to drop.

Why 1 out of 8? Why not 1 out of 5?

You have 5 possible items types (The 5 Scrolls count as one type, the prison pieces = 1 etc..).

Unless there are 3 chances to not get nothing, but there is no such thing right?

There is also Exp scroll I believe, is it part of the Scrolls chance? If no then that is 1 more chance making it 1/6 but then they said 1/8 so lets go with that.

1/8 could be because:

BWIAS scrolls have 2/8 chance.
Ammy 1/8
Token 1/8
Armor 1/8
DPot 1/8
Exp scroll 2/8

So imagine it like the dice has 1 to 8 (Lets not say 0 because we are not coders and we always start with 1 in real life!!)

So the dice rolls and you have 2 out of 8 chances to get either BWIAS or Exp scroll, if the information above is correct.

So 4 runs out of 8 you will get an scroll, the rest will be 1 of those items. IF and only IF Rngeesus is on your side.

OR something like that.

I know exp scrolls drop a lot more often, we could make BWIAS 1/8 and Exp scroll 3/8.

Or, If, exp scrolls are also part of the SCROLLS category, then we simply make it 4/8.

And within that we make exp scrolls (cause they drop a lot) 50% chance to drop over 10% for the others.

Labfiveonly the l33t G3n1us3s.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Prison has been nerfed enough, it used to nearly be impossible to solo.

Now its much easier, and there are tokens too for exchanging gear.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Motoko wrote:
Prison has been nerfed enough, it used to nearly be impossible to solo.

Now its much easier, and there are tokens too for exchanging gear.

NOT.

Not enough for an AT with basic gear to run it by himself. /Whines some more.

It should be easier, like, you go inside, kill 1 npc and he rewards you with a full set of prison items, and dpots and exp scrolls. He should also only have like 100hp points and maybe 100 res/immy mod at max.

chronicxx
Corporal
Corporal

Last edited by chronicxx on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

chronicxx
Corporal
Corporal

For example if you have the 5 scrolls that are 1-8 you have a 1-8 chance for each scroll so you would calculate that as 1 in 8 times 5 so each scroll would become a 1-40 chance. The more statistics you add the more you have to multiply. Simple.

So if there are 5 scrolls and 1 ammy 6 armour pieces and what ever else

If they are all 1-8 there are 12 items so the statistical chance you get anyone of those items becomes 12 multiplied by 8 = 96
Which is what system I believe would be being used. Cuz if it was 8 to the power of 12 would be a fucking insane number. So I'm sure that number wouldn't correlate to the system being used. If it is it would be 1-5,7xx billion chance! But considering people are actually getting these items I'm convinced this isn't the system implemented.

So all items translate as 1-92 (this does not become divided! As you may think) which is why mino who run it 140 times didn't get the ammy. if it's as basic as that if it's not and there is further coding giving a further preference to a perticular item you then have to calculate the events. you can get to some fairly insane numbers if that's the case.

Which is why I was asking what the actual system is that's being used. Feel free to look at some statistical analysis calculators and it would give you a true number

For example take the lotto in the uk 6 numbers ranging from 1-49. Then do 49 x 49 x 49 x 49 x 49 x 49 and you get near the actual statistical chance for 1 set of numbers except there are 6 sets of numbers so you have to factor that in as an event.
And 3 machines.
So the chances become
49 x 48 x 47 x 46 x 45 x 44 x 6 x 3 = the chance of a jackpot lotto win. 1-181230255360

Which is why you have a higher chance of being struck by lightening a car crash next to you struck by lightening again a plane crash next to you and struck by lightening Again and you survive. Pretty sure that's what a mathematician related that too.

Some was sleepy!

Last edited by chronicxx on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total