Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Tired of Penting or AT? Heres a Quest idea 
Mino
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

New quest idea i had for Random Quests all over game.

So New Quest called "Hired Help"(Yes im horrible at decent names) The NPC lets call him "The Commissioner "

The Commissioner Quest giver who is avaliable to Players Ranked Capt or above.

His role is to offer players random quests such as "Go Kill 10 Capt Gargs in Garg Nest" or "Go Collect 20 Blue Daisys", "Go Collect and Bring me 1 Huge Gem gold ring of each type to help aid our City Guards against the hourly slaughter from Shivas Minions",

Now player chooses to accept quest or decline...if declined there would be wait period before any new quest will be offered. Also quests could have time limit, which would be effected by what Level range the player is in, if neccesary.

Now quests would start out fairly simple with 3 Difficulty stages for each quest example of possible Level One Quest and Different difficulty stages.

Level 1 Quest:

Stage 1-Locate and retrieve 5 Purple Flowers for The Commissioner
Stage 2- 5 Purple & 5 Red flowers
Stage 3- 10 Purple,10 Red Flowers & 5 Yellow,Green and Blue Flowers

Stage 3 Quests will always be quite time consuming and maybe have a fair chance of being failed due to time constraints(if time limit is used) Rewards multiplier for each stage.

Stage 1= x1
Stage 2= x3
Stage 3= x7

As a Player proceeds to succsefully complete Quests they gain 2 types of point values 1st is Experience Points into either a skill or value that helps determine the Level of Quests player is offered & Points which are recorded & accumulate to be used to purchase Rewards of various types.
Example of Possible rewards.
Experience, Gold, Stat Scrolls, Profession Materials, Drugs, Temporary Sprite Change, Spell Scrolls, Luck, Godly Armors. Custom Teleport Scrolls etc etc....list can go on.

Havent put thought into cost of rewards but thats Admin department

Points rewarded are essentially same concept as BS Candle points and accumulate until a request is made for a certin reward once reward is processed cost is deducted

Rewards purchased with accumelated points are controlled and distributed by an Admin maybe as there is many options for rewards moght be easier that way insted of NPC . (Maybe have 1 or 2 days week where A Admin sets aside small amount of time to distribute requested rewards. Rewards can only be requested Once or twice per week and have to be submitted by certin time or they fall into next weeks reward payout.

Anyway thats all i got atm just thought if this is doable would add different dynamic to game that could provide relief from Pents and AT well rewarding good exp or rewards of player choosing.

Maybe an Added option to have Co-op quest that requires 2 players to accept quest at same time and have to return half of requested items each? Difficulty of these could be quite High so 2 Lower Level Players can Do Higher Level Quest not avaliable to single player of same Level

Last edited by Mino on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mino
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Lol I have a funny feeling this idea is very similar to Quest from another v2 server in past but I cant place my finger on it anyone remember anything like this on past servers?

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

I do have NPCs who can ask for items that more NPCs want and so on in a sequence - to eventually give a reward at the end.
It works but not sure it was ever used anywhere.

Was created for Jasmine's Ye Olde Fayre that she did not finish b4 he left.

Mino
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Hmmm might of been something in v3 seem to remember a Governor npc that was similar concept. I Jjust thought this idea may be nice addition alongside of pents and AT along with choice for other rewards and add way to gain decent exp that will be all over whole world insted of in specific area

Mino
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Could even use that idea as subsytem to add NPC quest giver who has sub quests for you well inaide pents. example quests can be in two types one seperated to Type of Pent area - Grolm, Garg, Ice and Uw.Then second set could include mulriple areas Sub quests avaliable can involbe killing certin amount of Specific rank gargs or require you to grab Specific # pents lile Have to touch pent 145,158,169 four seperate times to complete. Could even add item drops to eneimes whoch are required for sub quests.

Could even add it into Pents itself when player grabs first pent in area it sets his first quest to be completed well penting. Just adds a small extra mini quest to complete wrll penting

Asmodeus
Major
Major

New ways for exp and advancement are always welcome in my book. Especially that now we have 2 more treks to warlord if we push Rebirth.