Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Asmodeus wrote:
Lordlava wrote:
I have the ability to dynamically change the clan rent.

It was higher and we lowered it when there became fewer clans.

Now that supply and demand have swung the other way we can slowly increase it again if needed.

The changes will be slow and not radical step changes.

It has been increased a bit.

By how much?

150 > 200

Solkuri
Recruit

is there anyway to make it a higher amount? 200 is still low, you can get more then that for solving 1 pent. I think it should be 500 at least every few days. and you can get that with under 5 solves of pents of actually playing the game. Even then all the inactive clans will live for long time but at least one day maybe can dream of someone that plays having a clan to be in besides the Blooded and Nekomini Brigade . I don't think game should be catering to the people that don't play anymore and only refresh. We have a small player base now and cant keep trying make the old refreshers happy. With it being a limited number of clan slots it should be for people that play more then 5mins every 6 months to a year.

or can we get 2-5 more clan slots? or something where clan has to have certain amount of active game time or rents goes up? or something besides a 50 plat rent increase when most of the clans have 20k -90k plat

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Solkuri wrote:
is there anyway to make it a higher amount? 200 is still low, you can get more then that for solving 1 pent. I think it should be 500 at least every few days. and you can get that with under 5 solves of pents of actually playing the game. Even then all the inactive clans will live for long time but at least one day maybe can dream of someone that plays having a clan to be in besides the Blooded and Nekomini Brigade . I don't think game should be catering to the people that don't play anymore and only refresh. We have a small player base now and cant keep trying make the old refreshers happy. With it being a limited number of clan slots it should be for people that play more then 5mins every 6 months to a year.

or can we get 2-5 more clan slots? or something where clan has to have certain amount of active game time or rents goes up? or something besides a 50 plat rent increase when most of the clans have 20k -90k plat

1. You don't get 500plat within 5 pents, it is random when plat is awarded and the number itself is random. Last time I pented from Earl to Warlord, I got like 3k plat. If you got lucky, good for you. Not everyone has that luck.

2. Given the small amount of players, it becomes difficult to entice people in joining smaller clans which have not created adequate halls yet as they are reset which makes it hard to have enough actives outside of the big 3. It also makes for uncomfortable discussion when you try to get people to switch.

3. Plat reducing features have been made available for clans with higher amounts of plat. This does not mean that these clans with get to a point where they lose their spot.

4. This game has catered to players who log in 5 minutes every 6 months since its beginning. Most people come back every year or so for a few weeks, and most of them have put in 100s if not 1000s of hours of gameplay over the decade this server has run. Simply because you have not bid your time to get a new clan slot is not our issue. In the last 2 years we have seen 4-5 clans be created as well so it does happen, just not often enough. Raising the plat cost will only serve to increase the anger and disdain some older players have towards certain changes in the game. You got an increase and eventually, we will probably see more but keep in mind, that not everyone checks these boards and any change should have a wider scope in terms of communication.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Is it complicated to add more clan slots, moto?

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Bubbles wrote:
Is it complicated to add more clan slots, moto?

From my understanding, Ravhin had only coded in 10 slots and was unable to add more. Other issue is space for clan halls.

Haraking
Corporal
Corporal

I still agree clan rent should be higher.

And Ive pented 4 hours and made 2k plat its very common to get plat and most times its 100 + plat. I also just tested mine 3 and yes it works on random luck but i made over 1400 plat in 1 hour, i mined till the gpot chest re spawned. so increase plat wont hurt anyone. Only people that would whine about it is the inactive people that just plays every now and then, and it would take them a year to even realize it LOL.

Also what small clan your talking about? Ive been in most of the clans and its all finished. and most of clans dont even recruit which is there choice.

And yeah game does sadly cater to the inactive people since the beginning but game also been improving since the beginning and can always stop.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Haraking wrote:
I still agree clan rent should be higher.

And Ive pented 4 hours and made 2k plat its very common to get plat and most times its 100 + plat. I also just tested mine 3 and yes it works on random luck but i made over 1400 plat in 1 hour, i mined till the gpot chest re spawned. so increase plat wont hurt anyone. Only people that would whine about it is the inactive people that just plays every now and then, and it would take them a year to even realize it LOL.

Also what small clan your talking about? Ive been in most of the clans and its all finished. and most of clans dont even recruit which is there choice.

And yeah game does sadly cater to the inactive people since the beginning but game also been improving since the beginning and can always stop.

Making 1400 plat in mine 3 is very uncommon so is 2k plat for 4 hours. That is assuming you were alone in pents during that time. I have a problem with transforming a game into a casual/inactive unfriendly game for the very simple reason that the rate of new players in this game is non existent. Very few advertisements for the game and aging tech make it less attractive. Now we are saying some players have dropped their gear, their money and other belongings on clan floors. What happens when a clan gets wiped? You already have 2 on the verge. Will they come back to find all their stuff is gone? Will they stay?

I has been a common thing to see spikes in activity every few months generally for bigger vacation periods like December or the summer months. Why no instead of nerfing inactivity, look towards buffing activity. I think the team has done just that. They added limited time items for large amounts of plat. Things that can benefit members. The clans that are completely inactive will die out, the ones who make 1.4k per hour in mine 3 (very unlikely, you got super lucky) will survive. No need to hasten the process and divide clans even more.

I don't much care about the amount, I care about the concept behind it. The server has seen some negative changes in the recent years (along with some incredible ones) and I really do think we have lost some long time players due to the concept of balancing down instead of up. No one likes nerfs, we understand they can sometimes happen but these should not happen with the hard work of sadly inactive players. I rather see a beacon than a passing trend of new clans.

But I have stayed through many changes that I have hated so this won't make me stop loving the game. But it'll one more reason not to log on on top of these god damn technical issues.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Whilst I can increase or decrease the clan rent to suit supply and demand, I am reluctant to do so too much for what I hope are fairly obvious reasons.

I had looked at a more dynamic rent system that increased with inactivity, although the actual mechanism for calculating this index was not defined it would roughly be a measure of number of members and active time per member. Whilst this is still an option I am not sure that it will achieve the stated objective of making clan halls available or encouraging clan leaders to invite new members.

We reopened the personal depot to allow clan members to keep additional secure items, other than in the bank or the floor of the clan hall.

We recently introduced changes to clan doors where a clan leader can specifically restrict access to certain areas. It was hoped that this could make parts of the clan halls more secure and hence encourage clan leaders to recruit new members. This was done in conjunction with the removal of build access to the clan rank 2.
I have not heard if this has had any impact so far.

Finally, it is possible to create new clan halls. I have not checked to the availability of space around the clan halls for expansion but I am assuming we can find some space somewhere.
I would need to check all the code that references clan stuff to make sure it caters for the expansion.
Once again I question whether this will achieve the stated aim or whether it will just create more free storage space for personal items.

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How about instead of a solid number, do a % based off how much plat your clan currently has?

Somewhere around 4% due each week?

5000 plat in the bank would land you 200 plat due that week.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Wouldn't that mean that clans would never run out? unless you put straight min value ie; 200.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Offended wrote:
How about instead of a solid number, do a % based off how much plat your clan currently has?

So basically this punishes clans for having more plat, so basically you need to spend all your plat to always hover around a low number, too easily exploited.

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Motoko wrote:
Offended wrote:

So basically this punishes clans for having more plat, so basically you need to spend all your plat to always hover around a low number, too easily exploited.

Didn't think of it that way. But, having a low fixed rent isn't going to make those clans with a ton of plat more active either.

I feel there should be a happy median with the 2.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

So is the problem that there are not enough clans or that the existing clans do not let in new members or is there something else?

Lets define the problem first before we jump to the solution?

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

I think everyone wants to have their own clan to hoard items because there is obviously no PVP and if the reason was because they wanted to be with their friends, well they can be with their friends in any of the existing clans. Boom! Salt has been spread and truth has been delivered.

Labfiveonly the deliverer.

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Lordlava wrote:
So is the problem that there are not enough clans or that the existing clans do not let in new members or is there something else?

Lets define the problem first before we jump to the solution?

I would have to say both are contributing factors.

I wasn't let into a couple of clans so I created my own. I've since stopped inviting people into mine because of things walking away in clan hall.

There's a few clans that will never die regardless of their activity because of how much plat they have. Which is why I thought a variable rent % would be more suitable than a fixed.