Other(Explain)
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Uniques 
Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Okay, This is getting fricken ridiculous, Everyone knows about my uniques(fire legs/boots, math cap) and I've very recently been offered the ice set chest piece by mino, am holding it and wearing it showing everyone, while we figure out what the deal is, knowing the unique limit. I've been gauging peoples responses, and not a single player has had a negative response or reaction. Until tonight.

LazyWarrior, The king of kings and reader of rules, has informed me that I am, in fact, not allowed to own it. So, the only player online other than him was Rush, I decided I would let him hold it / until we figure this crap out.

LW has decided it's better for the circulation of uniques for a player who CANT EVEN WEAR IT, to hold it, than it is for someone who has worked hard to buy uniques, simply because I've traded, and bartered for other uniques in the past. Am I hoarding them on inactive alts? No. I transfer them everytime I swap alts. Am I a distant memory in the server? No, I log on every day.

I've bit my tongue, and given away more than dozen uniques in the past because of this stupid rule, and let's try to figure out where they all are, All 4 titan unique weapons are on inactive alts, Why isn't he complaining about those?

Where's the 2nd math cap? Why not find the inactive holder of that. What about the fire helm, and that inactive storage moa. We have to hope that someone completely forgets about this game for more than a year, for the chance to get those, but my personal collection is a problem because I've farmed things to trade for it.

The meat and potatoes of it is this...I've been told that there is NO POINT in me even leaving temple anymore, not because there's nothing I want in the game, but because I'm just simply not allowed to work for things.

Adding Poll, Please vote and reply with your opinions.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

You should not hold more than 2 uniques at all, at this point you have 3. I am not in agreement with the fire set counting as one unique but that is another discussion.

There has been a change a recently so I don't know what is going on now specifically.

Now let me be clear, uniques are the dumbest feature of this game and have served to create a distance between players which should not occur. On top of the fact that even 60/30 days inactivity isn't enough for a chance at a delete.

All in all, no. You should not be able to break the limit. Doesn't matter if you worked hard for it, others have in the past and were forced to give up their uniques as well. Just like I was made to give up 4 pieces of my fire armor because at that point fire set was not considered one unique towards a max of 2. Was it fair? No. But I can understand the logic of making these vanity items obtainable by all.

Your reaction is a bit over the top. No one is telling you not to exit temple, they are telling you to limit your goal for one micro part of the game. Instead, I would suggest like I did many times in the past. Make these god damn uniques RARE instead. Make a market for trading with other players,etc.

EDIT : Your choices are stupid and biased. Sorry, you poll means nothing when your options are that biased. Sorry. I voted for other.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Bah i think the limit of 2 is just fine.
We could simply add new and different type of uniques such as shields/wands/staves/dw swords/gear/rings/belts instead of changing the rule. lets see what happen
Lab5 made tons of GREAT looking sprites but we are not using ANY of them for some reasons.

Just think about it...we fought over the same 9 uniques for years? 6 fire piece 1 shadow helm and 2 hats.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

As long as they are unique, there will be fighting. It should just be a super rare drop in rd and pents. No decay just super rare. People will actually trade for other pieces im sure. Right now, the market is pretty dead might be cool to add some more life to it.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

I like Asmodeus's idea, make it super hard to get but them but also everyone can get them, like V3 which had drops in pents, everyone could access +# stat gear and it was up to how lucky you were and how much time you'd spent. Lets say it was sort of easy to get 1-2 pieces per day if you pented for 1 hour or more, but then again it was with a random stat.

Time/effort/luck = should always reap rewards, random, but rewards nonetheless.

Also giving different options of gear items, class specific and non class specific.

Gold can be used once again! And everyone shall be happy and not fight.

Love, Peace and Trade follower Labfiveonly.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

I personally think the unique system in the game is horrid. One of the things I've always disliked. I think we should do similar to what Asmo said. Make them random drops, or super rare drops from specific chests, like ice armors are. BUT make them rarer and with a timer system. Timer system would function in a different way than current ones.

When a specific unique(or ultra rare as we will call it now) is found, it will start a timer to decide when it can spawn again. So lets work with tit sword of skua, it would only spawn on 1 mob at a time, and once a player loots it from a grave it would start a timer, say 15 days. Once 15 days are up it would have a chance to spawn on a mob again. Do the same thing for chest ultra rares too. Then just get rid of the limit.

Though as long as uniques exist I totally agree with there being a limit on how many a person can have. And I'd say we should make every unique work like ice armor, where no matter what i vanishes after a certain time. To keep them rotating throughout the game.

Jaigur
Corporal
Corporal

I like the idea of having them be very rare drops and allow duplicates in the game.