Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Droprate mines harvesting areas 
Mayhem
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Yesterday ive been talking with zorrtaz (aka dume) about leveling professions.
Ive been mining alot and i havent found much of the ore i need. Zorrtaz had the same problems. The droprate in the mines is just waaaaay to low.
Its already pretty hard work to get 3 chars with 200 mod profession. Then on top of that you need to level your professions aswell (which also goes pretty damn slow and eventually will cost you alot of money) And since you cant use 90/95% of the items your creating (everything with +karate is instant /ga) its just not worth the time to mine.
Ive been creating alot of wands and shields to get my professions up but id like to make some armor pieces aswell.
And before people start yelling... 'Yeah but people are already too strong with all of their gear' and so on and so on....
I got spellgear on all off my high ranked chars... and an estimated guess is that 85% of that gear is made by using soulstones.
And the gear that i crafted is either cloth or leather (since you can farm those mats fairly easily compared to bronze armor and upwards)
Also making wands is pretty easy aswell. Its just the ore that is the problem. And after spending hours and hours and tons of gold getting my professions up to the point where i can make decent armor pieces, i feel you should get rewarded for doing so instead of being put down by the insanely low droprate of ore which will make you ragequit when it comes to professions.

Greetings from Holland!

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I had the idea of putting holes in each mine section, that spawns miners every 10 minutes to improve the speed in the mines

However, I think the true problem lies in the fact there is no benefits to raising profession ranks, Couple of brainstorm ideas I had were if you get max rank in your proff, you unlock a 2nd proff slot, or, if you got your proff to higher ranks, you gained a hidden bonus of some sort, either specific to the profession or the same for all, Just some sort of reason to use proffs for more than cloth/leather spell gears

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

I agree i hate the harvest mines. The droprate is so low, it's depressing