Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 C2 
Estherus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Might be done on purpose, but the way it is now, it is practically impossible to use c2 in pvp. I think a decked out RB seyan on gpot might have around 200 mod C2, which according to the code means with some RNG it works on mobs that haveup to 220ish resistance (correct me if iam wrong, but i thought it works if mod c2 +rng (0-20) > mod resist).

No one is walking around with so low resist, already undrugged i got 210 mod resistance and iam far from maxed. This is alreadya problem, but even more since c2 lacks behind in mod alot on the mod resistance people have. Normal Curse actually works on people with way higher resistence. Does this rule of an aoe skill not effecting hardly anyone in pvp also goes for Warcry, Blind?

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Warcry is a simple >= RES and blind works similar to c2. IMO c2 and blind should have similar chance as curse/stun instead of the more guaranteed hit or miss. Would make it so it's possible to C2 stronger mobs, and at the same time make it more difficult to always curse the same mobs as before.

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

you're totally forgetting about ss / crafted gear, that puts you to 300 mod. What's the problem? Decked out doesn't just mean easy to farm prison armour and ankh belt, if you want to hit max mods, you should have to work hard for it right? I bet you if I wanted to I could get a seyan to 300 mod any stat I wanted, as long as it's craftable.

Estherus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Am hijacking this thread.

Why is it possible that you lose so much focus on curse while it greatly outshines the mod resistance the enemy has.
When casting c2 , you know when u need to raise it more, cause it just wont land. It is completely difference with curse. You can have a way lower curse mod than the enemy's resistance, but still be able to curse the enemy (albeit the lost focus).

Now obviously this is no biggy, and its good. U should be able to lose focus on it when the enemy has a greater resistance than ur mod curse. But what bugs me like hell, is that iam raising curse waaaay above the mod resistance they have, and i still lose focus half the time, with sometimes crazy ones going up to 6 times losing focus in a row.

The enemy i was talking about are the skeletons in General AT. They have a resistance of 152. My c2 lands 100% guaranteed all the time without failing once. It is at 179 mod.
My curse mod, 190, has serious problems landing. That just shouldnt be possible, I understand when i cast stun f which is at 132 mod, it fails half the time if not a bit more. But for curse it doesnt matter, it stays bad even at higher mods.

Jennytulls
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I cant agree more with Estherus. My curse will fail 6 times 80% of the time and its maxed. What's the point in curse?? Its absolute garbage. My c2 is 58 base and lands every time. I think Curse needs to be looked into and reworked. I'm Knight and have maxed bless and curse and yet fail to curse a brig gen 7 times. I almost think there should be like your X amount levels higher then this NPC with maxed curse, Your curse is going to land with out fail no losing focus....(lets say 3 ranks higher then NPC and maxed curse)

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

I posted the formula for curse and other spells in the game formulas area if interested to look at it.
[quote="Lurker"]Offensive Spell To Hit Formula

These three are all done based on spell MOD not spell power.

Modifier values
Curse = 10
Stun = 12
Identify = 18
Dispel = 12(Dispel uses spell POWER so take into account gmoon and spell bonus, and isntead of resistance it's power of spell it's trying to remove)

chance=Modifier*skill/resistance;

if (players luck < 0) Add + 1 to chance for every -500 luck

if (chance < 0) chance = 0

if (chance > 18) chance = 18

if ((Random number between 0-19 > chance) OR (resistance >skill+(skill/2))) {
SPELL FAILS
}
else spell succeeds

Friendly Spells

Bless,pro,light,recall etc. Work almost the same. They do the same +1 to chance for every -500 luck but they are a simple

Random number between 0-19 if 19 it fails, or for GC it's if 16-19 it fails.

Now this is just for hitting the target, For hitting the guys surrounding you first you MUST hit your target then comes another set of checks for the guys who aren't your target that are attacking you.

This happens for each mob, no random values are shared.

Curse/stun
spellpower+0-19 has to be greater than res+0-19[/quote]

Last edited by Lurker on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Jennytulls wrote:
I cant agree more with Estherus. My curse will fail 6 times 80% of the time and its maxed. What's the point in curse?? Its absolute garbage. My c2 is 58 base and lands every time. I think Curse needs to be looked into and reworked. I'm Knight and have maxed bless and curse and yet fail to curse a brig gen 7 times. I almost think there should be like your X amount levels higher then this NPC with maxed curse, Your curse is going to land with out fail no losing focus....(lets say 3 ranks higher then NPC and maxed curse)

As for hitting high res targets with curse, I assume you are a seyan. You either need to get some curse gear or bless gear. Lurker never had issues cursing most pent mobs when need be even up to UW. I just used bless gear. But a few pieces of curse gear would be even more effective. Even just putting on ROPS while cursing makes a huge difference.

Estherus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

still, acording to game logic, having over 40 more curse (190 curse over 152 resist) would equals only 70% chance on landing curse. This feels so weird, having greatly superior curse mod to their resistance and having such crappy chance on casting spells. You'd need 275 mod just to not lose focus on them (and generals AT arent really that strong, only 152 mod c2 would land on them already)

using RoPs instead of huge sapphs is an increase of 0.2%? something neglectable. activated RoPs at max 5% more chance.