Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Gpot chest 
Jennytulls
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I know I saw somewhere on here about gpots but I couldn't find it, so here we go again.
Tell me why did we change the timers on gpot chest?\ I don't think anyone agreed that this was a good change. I feel like we are just making this game more mundane. Forcing me to go spend time to walk through U2 to only be able to make 2 gpots. Maybe make more Gkings to make it worth our time or revert the gpot times back to an hour. There is no market place. Gold have very very little value and no body sells dukes or gpots.

Another idea what about stacking gdukes or gpots. IE. Gpot last 30 mins. let me drink 2 or 3 of them so it now last 1.5hours

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

The gpot apocalypse we called it.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

There are a ton of gpot chests available. 2 in mountain, 2 in lv, 3 in ice nest. A few chests have chances of gpots. 1 in cohors and a dpot/gpot in cohors. prison has 3 or maybe 4 i think. Not to mention getting 2 for u2. I'm probably missing a couple too. Even with the longer reset on chests there should be plenty to never run out of gpots.

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

prison has 5, 2 in mountains, 2 in LV, 3 in ice nest, 1 in mine3, 2 from u2, sunken ship has an rpot/gpot barrel, castle q1 has a gpot, there's others as well

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Still an extremely bad change that no one except the staff agreed to. It fosters a feeling of competition to grab chests before other players do which given the poor retention rate of this game, we shouldn't promote more frustrations. But hey... too easy to get gpots so they nerf it.

Some people equate tedium with difficulty. Limited vision within a difficult to balance game. Overall, I never really had much trouble getting them when i was the only person online but as more players play, more people will compete for them. I have hundreds accumulated over the years but that doesn't make it less frustrating especially for those who don't have the luxury of time investment.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Whats your suggestion asmo reduce the cooldown back to what it was before or just lower it at least

There should be more kings and princess in sewers. Making gpots the hard way should be more rewarding then easy chests.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

I mean princes not princess 😂

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Bubbles wrote:
Whats your suggestion asmo reduce the cooldown back to what it was before or just lower it at least

There should be more kings and princess in sewers. Making gpots the hard way should be more rewarding then easy chests.

A combination of those. I really think that we should promote some ease of participation in the game. Tedious mechanics have a tendency to push people away. Difficulty should not come from frustration if you ask me.

Last edited by Asmodeus on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

What about just setting the king/princes on a 10 min timer.

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I suggested this a while back and LL said while he liked the idea of people doing U2 he didnt want to freely give them away.
My suggestion was remember that room behind king that had the poison quest item and now doesnt have anything? Add Two chests on a 30 min timer with 1 king eye each.

Jennytulls
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

We are all def not happy about their decision to make gpot chest longer spawn times. I like that idea Kane or just adding a 2nd king in a different location allowing us to make 4 gpots since there are 2 princes.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

I think the extreme measure was an issue. 6 hour respawn? Most people will not be able to come back and check again in 6 hours. Seems a tad pointless. I could live with 2 hours but again, the purpose of this feature was to make the game harder. Well you know have rebirths, you want people to have enough pots to sustain the 100s of hours it takes to get to warlord and rebirth and do it again. Yet features are created to make it more difficult to achieve goals in the game which was shown to not be appreciated by anyone except the 2-3 staff that pushed it.

A small increase I can accept no problem, a similar method to obtain the stuff no problem, 6x the cooldown? Who thought that would be a good idea? On top of the fact that this change massively impacts newer players. I'm not giving out free gpots anymore. Rather not force myself to do the travel to get no reward.

I think reducing the chest timer and reducing the king timer might be better than this. Doesn't have to be original values but at least something similar.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Asmodeus wrote:
... 6x the cooldown? Who thought that would be a good idea? ...

I could drop a few names, but you know, Information has a price. I will be around the pier at 12:00 am. I will be wearing a red cape and Shiny tin armor. Come alone.