Reply to topic
 PVP Balance 
Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Couple of ideas:

If there is a stun currently active on the target, Reduce power by 50%

OR

in PVP Stun is just a snare that prevents movement, but only slows casting / attacking / item use by 50%

OR

Instead of Stun, it's a Freeze or slow effect

ALSO

If you perform an action on a player target, cannot recall for 10 seconds.

EDIT: Might as well put this here, we have combat arena, why not use it with clans to promote team pvp? Sure, 1v1 pvp is skewed, but team pvp is so much more dynamic, Maybe have a system of like capture points with rewards to the clan holding? Perhaps if you hold 2 or more capture points, each member that has touched the flag in the last 3 aranock days gets a prezzie...If you hold 3 or more, each member gets 2 prezzies, if you hold all, each member gets 3 prezzies?

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

There were a number of alternative scenarios built into Combat Arena that could be controlled by the staffer setting it up.

There is no reason why more scenarios could not be incorporated, so long as we can define the rules and the objectives.

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I was mainly thinking of placing capture points around town, like maybe memorial park, graveyard, behind arena, and by redbacks, where you touch the flag to contest control and notify, if the defending clan doesn't regain control in 10 minutes, you control it. If you control x amount or more at the time of clan rent, the members of your clan get a prize

Estherus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Yeah that actually is a nice idea, reminds me of something in WoW.. (yes i played WoW back in the days).

For anyone who might know this. It was in Auchindoun in the Bone wastes. There used to be 5 towers.

Every 3 hours you could combat for 10 minutes to gain control over them, i think you had to get 3 out of 5. After those 10 minutes, the one with the most towers wins and keeps a buff that lasted for 3 hours.

You could make these towers in places that cloun said, mem park, GY, redbacks. And give a buff to the winning team that gives them 5% more exp?

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

I really like stun having a slow effect. I've tested it out a bit on my own server and it doesn't take much to get it functioning and it works pretty well. Biggest issue is definitely stun, but curse stacking may need adjusting for pvp as well as possibly adjust blind a bit. Maybe reduce or remove the heal debuff for pvp.

On that same idea. Spell exhaust and/or mana cost could be adjusted also. Something like putting a limit on concentrate.