Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Ideas for Ninja class 
LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

I would like to revive the idea of the ninja race since it has been a few years since a race came out and i feel a new one would help the game quite a bit.

Here are some ideas
Basically, I would like them to be glass cannons, good wv and weapon skill, bad spells(better than templars, but a little worse than warrs), low defense via low str.

BWIAS & Spellpower
Spellpower 1.00 or 0.95

Brave - 120
Will - 60?
Int - 60?
Agi - 120
Str - 45? - Gold armor teir

Combat Skills
Ninja Weapons - 120

Res - 90

Immunity? - 90

Surround hit - 105

Staff/H2H/Wand/Shield - 30 - for reqs on gear and consistency with how other races get these skills.

Some new skill for critrate increase if not done in arch skills, or make it part of the race somehow.

Spells & Misc
Stealth/Perc/Sense Magic - 120 - They're ninjas.

Blind - 120 - No stun or curse, replaced with blind, fits them more I think.

Bless/Enhance Weapon/Prot - 60

Meditate - 60

Misc skills/spells - Whatever value, not very important.

Arch skills
Poison - 120 - Low difficulty(fits ninja theme well, and not too op)
EDIT:I also think poisons mana cost should be lowered to 50, its already a meh spell for casters and mana cost isn't why its meh on them, meanwhile its completely useless on every race without conc.

I think Warr Templar and Ninja could use a new arch skill for crits, or an endurance based melee "blast" attack.

Surround hit 2? I asked some people ingame and they said they don't think they should get sh2, but the race will lack aoe without it.

Any feedback would be helpful, I would like to help work in making this race part of the game finally.
EDIT:Changed a few things, stuff about karate, poison, and staff/wand/shield/h2h

Last edited by LazyWarrior on Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:14 am; edited 7 times in total

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Don't have lots of time, so will add more later, but lurker and I spoke and thought a backstab ability would be pretty cool

He proposed teleporting behind the opponent, but I thought spinning the target around to get the backhit would be easier, will add more details when I get home

Another idea he came up with was Confuse, causing all targets to add everything to it's aggro list, making them attack each other

Will add more later.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Main problem is that the lack of curse/stun debilitates most races during their growth period. It is hard to do a lot of content if you cant stun or curse or dispel.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Asmodeus wrote:
Main problem is that the lack of curse/stun debilitates most races during their growth period. It is hard to do a lot of content if you cant stun or curse or dispel.

Blind is pretty much a better curse, and substitutes for stun. Just see necro they do well without either. And I'm against giving dispel to non spell based races with how strong it is.
If they're too weak they might get stun or curse however, but probably lose some blind mod or something.(blind and stun+curse just feels to strong to me.)

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Flexibility is always good. Either or but i think if we look as a whole, some parts of the game benefit from stun more than blind.

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Maybe a ninja-form of dispel, self-cast only?

As far as lack of stun/curse being 'debilitating' I'd have to disagree. Necro does perfectly fine without, However, I do believe a ninja could easily 'stun' an opponent, but rather than it being a magic ability, it should be a physical, possibly a crit effect.

"Flexibility is always good. Either or but i think if we look as a whole, some parts of the game benefit from stun more than blind."

True, However, the same can be said about some parts of the game benefitting from blind more than stun such as un-stunnable opponents(Cohors for example)

I believe the idea behind adding a race is to add some diversity, not to just make another stun and win class. The only reason I carry stun scrolls on Cloun, is for pvp so they don't recall.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Cloun wrote:
I believe the idea behind adding a race is to add some diversity, not to just make another stun and win class.

Agreed. Not giving a race stun is pretty much the most unique thing you can do to most races at this point, as most combat is based around stun=win.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

As far as stun/curse goes, templars do perfectly fine at early leveling, and I have raised many seyans without touching curse/stun. Certainly not required. Giving a low difficulty imm helps a lot. And as long as you can get the weapon skill to not get hit then blind+imm is a pretty great combo. But then it just seems like another necro.

I'd like to see it as a character that is all about dealing absurd damage to single enemy. Instead of AOE damage like a hara, or SH/SH2 damage like the rest. Or a sorc which is all about the curse/stun. Make it have no AOE damage except SH, but skills to increase crits and deal crazy 1v1 damage.

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

100% with lurker here, ninjas are not massive crowd killers, they're 1v1 assassins, let's play true to the lore this time please?

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Some interesting skills could make some really fun play styles too. Like the backstab ability i mentioned. But maybe pair it with a stationary invisibility. Teleport behind character currently fighting, only works when actively in battle, stops the fight and for 1-3 seconds, the player is invisible, attacking or casting a spell would break invisibility as well.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Changed my mind about them having karate, to be honest it doesn't make much sense(also no issue with needing special karate sprites for them.), instead they should use a new weapon skill for ninja weapons which could just have the increased crit chance as part of the weapons.(would use swords with offhand ninja weapons but 45 max str)

Estherus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Why not just give them a single target stun ability that is like vic but without the crit and happens at random times. More of a passsive ability. Teleporting sound like a fun ability too. It could work at a 5 tile radius. Though might be abused too get to certain inaccesible areas maybe.

Estherus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Rereading these Ninja skillls as posted by LazyW, they seem too OP for any normal class.
120 Bra/Agi + 120 weapon, not sure what modifies the weapon but guessing it is both brave and agi, this would make them get higher stats then other races especially with the base spells equalling a warrior.

Instead of just rearranging the skills we have now, to try and make some hybrid new class that is nearly the same as what we already got. Why not focus on making this class special for a special reason.
Cause I don't think it would make people actually come back for a week or 2 before they see this is more of the same.
It feels to me that you make the new class stronger than the last 1, Obviously no one else wants to play it if it aint better than what he is already playing.

Making a new class in my idea should be for a special reason. Now you already have 2 classes you can arch to whenever you become a LtCol (seyan) or General+ (necromancer).
The reason for a Ninja should be PvP, most people will agree that a Ninja is more of a pvp class than anything else.

My idea is to make them purple from the start, you cannot go /skua at all. You're purple and you stay purple.
This might scare you off, cause oh god u get killed, u dont have a great SS set or u are just bad at pvp and dont want the stress.
This is the only reason your character should have those 120 base stats and weapon skill, cause it does make u stronger than the average player.
On top of this, a few skills would make this character so much better. I stole them from WoW but they are great and can easily be implemented.

-Invisibility. 1 to 5 (?) seconds depending on the mod (you cant attack)
-shadowstep. Teleports behind enemy and stuns for 1-3 (?) seconds depending on mod.
-Stunbreaker. make this a potion or skill that gets you out of stun. (should be implemented anyways)

These could be on a 1 or 2 minute shared cooldown. So you cant just spam them or combine them.

You can argue about the stats and skills they should get. You can even make them somewhat stronger then the average class we got now cause they should deserve it.

1 thing. They cant use SS gear, so they HAVE to be stronger than others to keep up, but people like cloun cant help their ninja alt by dumping all their OP SS gear on it and cruise control.

*sorry cloun Rolling Eyes

*edit* okay some others already posted those 'new' skills too, point stands though

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Estherus wrote:
Rereading these Ninja skillls as posted by LazyW, they seem too OP for any normal class.
120 Bra/Agi + 120 weapon, not sure what modifies the weapon but guessing it is both brave and agi, this would make them get higher stats then other races especially with the base spells equalling a warrior.

Instead of just rearranging the skills we have now, to try and make some hybrid new class that is nearly the same as what we already got. Why not focus on making this class special for a special reason.
Cause I don't think it would make people actually come back for a week or 2 before they see this is more of the same.
It feels to me that you make the new class stronger than the last 1, Obviously no one else wants to play it if it aint better than what he is already playing.

Making a new class in my idea should be for a special reason. Now you already have 2 classes you can arch to whenever you become a LtCol (seyan) or General+ (necromancer).
The reason for a Ninja should be PvP, most people will agree that a Ninja is more of a pvp class than anything else.

My idea is to make them purple from the start, you cannot go /skua at all. You're purple and you stay purple.
This might scare you off, cause oh god u get killed, u dont have a great SS set or u are just bad at pvp and dont want the stress.
This is the only reason your character should have those 120 base stats and weapon skill, cause it does make u stronger than the average player.
On top of this, a few skills would make this character so much better. I stole them from WoW but they are great and can easily be implemented.

-Invisibility. 1 to 5 (?) seconds depending on the mod (you cant attack)
-shadowstep. Teleports behind enemy and stuns for 1-3 (?) seconds depending on mod.
-Stunbreaker. make this a potion or skill that gets you out of stun. (should be implemented anyways)

These could be on a 1 or 2 minute shared cooldown. So you cant just spam them or combine them.

You can argue about the stats and skills they should get. You can even make them somewhat stronger then the average class we got now cause they should deserve it.

1 thing. They cant use SS gear, so they HAVE to be stronger than others to keep up, but people like cloun cant help their ninja alt by dumping all their OP SS gear on it and cruise control.

*sorry cloun Rolling Eyes

I don't agree ninjas should be mainly for pvp, if you make a race good at pvp, our already destroyed pvp balance gets even worse and then even less pvp will end up happening.
Also about the 120 brav agi, he also has 45 str. if he didn't have high weapon skill and stats, he would actually have one of the lowest weaponskills of any fighting class, which makes zero sense for a race focused around killing stuff quickly(which was my idea of them)
Also his spells are not on par with warrior. warrs get 1.1 spell modifier, while this would only get .95 or 1.00
Also VERY HEAVY disagreement about not using SS. I refuse to support anything that disallows using SS. Thats like taking everything some people have saved up forever, and saying its useless for this character, and would essentially make them garbage at pvp and high level content unless their stats were so high they're basically overpowered.

Estherus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

There was no pvp balance, maybe in the original V2 before people could get 300 mods and with all the added items.

Besides the fact that there is no PVP action at all ingame. You could make it come back. Making those ninjas not be able to wear SS, could actually balance things out more and makes a death less sad cause there aint much valuable stuff you lose.
Anyone can get a ankh amulet back, but a +15resis sleeve is irreplacable.

*i just read ur edited version*
There is a difference between PVP and leveling/questing. You can make a character somewhat stronger in PVP without making him any stronger in questing. Your statement about saying that not giving your alts the SS you have been gathering for so long, feels like something only a player can say who has been playing this game forever. What makes the game unbalanced is people like cloun and those who have this insane SS set laying around. Balancing it would exactly do the opposite of removing the bonus the 'old' players have abve the new ones.

Besides in Diablo3 ther are Seasonal characters and you cant give them anything from your main. but EVERYONE who plays that game is playing a seasonal character, cause its more fun and since everyone starts at the same time every season it makes things more balanced.