Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Aranock.exe has stopped working!! 
SilkyOne
Private
Private

A absolutely CANNOT get this game to work!! I'm currently using the windows 10 OS, and i've had this client work on this exact same computer before with d3d, but now it will just NOT WORK!!!

I've tried putting the client as admin first.
I've tried running the new patched client first without d3d, Aranock.exe has stopped working.
I tried with d3d using XP service pack 2 and 3 compatibility, put the hook.dll in the browse bar, set height, width to 50, disabled direct x 8-9, absolutely everything! ARANOCK.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING!

I'm getting obviously extremely frustrated, and until I decide to get windows 7 back, I will not stop until I get it working on this PC! HELP, PLEASE!

Odysseus
Greater God
Greater God

did you have any progress on this?

SilkyOne
Private
Private

None. I tried a few times after I had posted the thread, but no progress. If you or anyone else can maybe give me a few methods to a fix, I promise that it will not be in vain.

Rizpah
Corporal
Corporal

Try using dxwnd instead?

SilkyOne
Private
Private

I downloaded dxwnd, attached Aranock to it, did everything the instructions by both Lordlava and Rizpah had told me to do, and it looks like its going to launch, then still says Aranock.exe has stopped working.. it has to be some very simple fix that im missing. Compatibility shouldnt be an issue, because ive tried them all. Tried running it as both an admin and without.. im at a complete lose, and if someone could please inform a veteran of creating workarounds for this game, that would be amazing. Thank you everyone for your time.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Any crash reports showing in windows event viewer that might give some extra information? Also have you tried downloading the client again? Perhaps something went wrong the first time?

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

I had the same issue. THe game would run and crash and in other scenarios the windower would give a 703? error or
something like that.

My "fix" was to make a copy of the main folder and now it's called "Aranock - Copy" It works like a charm, not sure why really.

SilkyOne
Private
Private

I've re-downloaded the client multiple times, and tried running it several times on both dxwnd and d3d, and no luck. I get no other error other than Aranock.exe has stopped working.

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Have you attemped both of the directdraw fixes included in the download? If not, try both of them, don't forget to completely delete the fix1 files if it doesn't work, before trying the fix2 files.