Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 King of the Hill - Levelling area 
Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The idea is simple, you teleport into a room, starting at a wave level of your choice. 2 waves per rank level. Instant exp for all members in the party equal to Rank # x 1k(possibly 500, if 1k seems too much), Magen - 16k, Ltgen 17k, etc.

Also, There is a bonus reward for leaving without death, equal to number of waves completed x final rank # completed. So say you start at brig, leave before general, 6 waves, so 6 x 17k = 102k bonus.

If anyone in the party dies, No bonus exp for anybody. I think this would encourage groups to level together more, because you don't have to share the exp you would normally get solo, because everyone in the party gets the same. Obviously would only allow people together if they were grouped.

Very minimal build time, as it really just needs to be a couple of rooms.
Minimal map space required
Lurker also offered up his services to help with the code, so make life easier for the dev team.

Let's hear some opinions boys.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

I like your idea cloun!
here's your "get out of prison" free card

we both know you'll need it eventually

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pfft, I don't break rules lol

back on topic, anyone else have thoughts? I'd love to see this in game

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Can we get some more input on this?

Another thought I just had, The code required for one possible route of implementing this idea already exists in the original source code, for the FK arena.
I would imagine it'd be as easy as taking the glass portal, adding a flag to check for group, if so, enter all group members, and spawn, say 20 or so npcs, rather than just 1.
Possibility of balancing it so groups aren't 10x faster, but still encourages grouping, could even imitate pent solve count, if 1 player, 11 mobs, if 2 players, 19, etc.
Maybe if exp rates seem too high, give the guaranteed 1k x rank # from each wave, but for bonus, (# waves complete / 2) x highest rank # complete, or something

Also, to alleviate the burden on the dev team to balance it, I'll volunteer my time testing it

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

The coding for it really wouldn't be too complicated. I'd be up for helping out with any of it this, or anything else to make the game better.

On that note, I think this would be a really cool idea, we need more stuff that rewards teamwork, but also is soloable.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Lurker wrote:
The coding for it really wouldn't be too complicated. I'd be up for helping out with any of it this, or anything else to make the game better.

On that note, I think this would be a really cool idea, we need more stuff that rewards teamwork, but also is soloable.

Lurker, this Idea is similar to the one we were talking about.

Remember? the more "continues" you had, the more exp you would get but the harder it would become. And if you died, well, you get nothing.

You could have 5 rooms or 10 that work the same way. All have lets say 3-4 difficulties and they increase after you have killed all the mobs. Perhaps one of the mobs has an item which you can use with a shrine or something to activate the second wave and so on?

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Personally I'd like to take it even further and make a true random dungeon. Randomly generates a maze, a quest, and rewards. EXP + guaranteed useable SS gear(not necessarily guaranteed good just useable). With stops along the way through the maze in a similar fashion to what cloun described.

Reach the end of the first maze/quest, and you can continue for better rewards, but with more risk.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Lurker wrote:
Personally I'd like to take it even further and make a true random dungeon. Randomly generates a maze, a quest, and rewards. EXP + guaranteed useable SS gear(not necessarily guaranteed good just useable). With stops along the way through the maze in a similar fashion to what cloun described.

Reach the end of the first maze/quest, and you can continue for better rewards, but with more risk.

Random teleportation to different rooms? or the same level? how do you merge rooms together that have been built in different tiles in different coordinates?

Something like the lab/arena blue gate that teleports you to one of these rooms/mazes at random? each room/maze having one?

That would also require a trigger to work, grab an item from a dead corpse or code looking if the room has been cleared of all mobs etc...

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

So, I used my awesome dr4w1ng sk1lls and bam!

Obviously this is just an example on how I see it:

Teal door randomly teleports to a room, lets say there are 7 rooms, it checks if a room has a player inside (hard to code?), if yes-player is inside, then it uses an RNGeesus roll on for the "numbered" rooms with no players inside(each room has a number/tag as code) and pops the character in a room that is not occupied.

Portal is obviously used if the player or players don't feel like they can take on a higher rank and it shall take them back to the temple or somewhere, maybe BS to hang out with everyone's best buddy, Shiva.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Well my idea would be to do it programmatically instead of relying on stuff done in /build. That way you could have a truly unqiue random dungeon every time you go in.

On top of that we can just make the map bigger, I put code for that in C Zone. And make 4-5 areas for this. So you could have a few groups doing a dungeon at a time.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

So your idea is to generate a random tile set with code, building both floors and walls? nice!

How doable is that?

Back to my idea:
And well, for "uniqueness" using /build mode, up to 20 rooms could be built, at some point the players will learn the maps/rooms, for sure, but the maze map will be built at random as you will randomly teleport to different rooms/mazes. So it will always be different. I mean look at the prison ending bit, they have 5 rooms? every time you go in is random right? Imagine having 20 rooms to progress/teleport to, lets say to pass a level stage or level difficulty, you have to do 5 teleports before the difficulty increases (we can give a flag text that you have teleported 5 times, so you have beaten the level) and then after that message if you take a blue gate, it means that you are teleported to a new room with a 0 count and difficulty goes up, or something like that then when you reach 4 more teleports, it gives you the message again that the difficulty will increase on your next teleport.

Back to your idea:
But if you can code an access to build mode and tell it to build a random layout with both floor and walls (i guess you'd also have to tell it which shapes it can make with coordinates) and make the floor and walls walk-able and non walk-able objects, awesome!

That would be truly unique. sort off. I mean, it can't really generate a random shape like an F shape for a maze right? it would follow certain indications? How do you really make the maze to be truly randomly built with out it messing up and building walls where it shouldn't? or just building a simple square or rectangular room every time?

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

It wouldn't access buildmode, as much as just edit the map array manually. It is totally doable. Anything that currently is possible as a single player command is possible to do on server side with programming. End of the day you are just doing the same thing on the server, just calling the functions in different manners.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Further to answer your question of how to randomly build a maze, there are a number of open algorithms out there. One of the simplest is to start with a map array, and pick an ending at random, and just randomly "walk" through the array, creating the path as your program goes, until you get to a place that would be the start. Add some rules, for keeping paths a certain width, and throwing some fake paths in, and it's really not that tricky. Awhile back I made a randomly generated dungeon crawler on iOS, never bothered releasing or finishing it was just for fun. But I used a similar mechanic for making the floors of the dungeon, similar to how nethack works.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Lurker wrote:
Further to answer your question of how to randomly build a maze, there are a number of open algorithms out there. One of the simplest is to start with a map array, and pick an ending at random, and just randomly "walk" through the array, creating the path as your program goes, until you get to a place that would be the start. Add some rules, for keeping paths a certain width, and throwing some fake paths in, and it's really not that tricky. Awhile back I made a randomly generated dungeon crawler on iOS, never bothered releasing or finishing it was just for fun. But I used a similar mechanic for making the floors of the dungeon, similar to how nethack works.

Wow We need this feature asap! Sounds really fun, more groups, more fun, more party hats!
Ps:I want it done by friday for my vacations. Razz

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Bubbles wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Wow We need this feature asap! Sounds really fun, more groups, more fun, more party hats!
Ps:I want it done by friday for my vacations. Razz

LOL