Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 rank on rebirth poles 
Asmodeus
Major
Major

Can I ask why these changes are being made in reference to minimum ranks for warlord poles and min rank on ice egg turn in?

Is it to limit obvious abuse of mechanics such as getting to colonel in 5 hours with lab 12 completed? I ask because it really doesn't seem to make any sense. You already have limited exp per pole when a lower rank uses it, why take away the option to use them early?

There are much more important things to work on than this.
 Re: rank on rebirth poles 
LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Asmodeus wrote:
Can I ask why these changes are being made in reference to minimum ranks for warlord poles and min rank on ice egg turn in?

Is it to limit obvious abuse of mechanics such as getting to colonel in 5 hours with lab 12 completed? I ask because it really doesn't seem to make any sense. You already have limited exp per pole when a lower rank uses it, why take away the option to use them early?

Ice eggs were heavily abuseable during Champ quest.
Warlord poles is more for the sake of people not accidently using them too early from not understanding why they got such bad exp.
 Re: rank on rebirth poles 
Asmodeus
Major
Major

LazyWarrior wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:

Ice eggs were heavily abuseable during Champ quest.
Warlord poles is more for the sake of people not accidently using them too early from not understanding why they got such bad exp.

Could add a description indicating that max exp from them cannot exceed 10% of your total exp.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Update; Motoko explains that highest pole has a req of colonel while lowest is sergeant.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Asmodeus wrote:
Update; Motoko explains that highest pole has a req of colonel while lowest is sergeant.

This is correct, the min ranks were added so that they couldn't be grossly exploited (like a corporal getting shiva pole, which wouldn't be smart, but dumber things have happened)

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

They were put in because Drink and I helped Xena conplete champ quest in record time but since this game is so buggy she got screwed out of it anyway lool.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Kane wrote:
They were put in because Drink and I helped Xena conplete champ quest in record time but since this game is so buggy she got screwed out of it anyway lool.

Actually no they were put in because most poles have min ranks and these didn't.

In retrospect they wouldn't even have really changed anything, at least from when I did my quest.

The only difference it would've made was the Shiva pole I got at lt col which has a min rank of col now, I got it using Lurker's help using the overpowered ability called compulsion which I've been openly wanting to nerf for years much to the dismay of everyone else. He also did the quest with me on Adept in general and helped me along.

I don't see how Xena got screwed. Also Drink was triple logging and claiming it was "his brother", hmm... 3 characters online, same IP.. so that would be... Drink, "his brother" and the third character must be Drink's cat then? Two warriors entered the quest, each has a 50% chance to win.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Motoko wrote:
Kane wrote:

Actually no they were put in because most poles have min ranks and these didn't.

In retrospect they wouldn't even have really changed anything, at least from when I did my quest.

The only difference it would've made was the Shiva pole I got at lt col which has a min rank of col now, I got it using Lurker's help using the overpowered ability called compulsion which I've been openly wanting to nerf for years much to the dismay of everyone else. He also did the quest with me on Adept in general and helped me along.

I don't see how Xena got screwed. Also Drink was triple logging and claiming it was "his brother", hmm... 3 characters online, same IP.. so that would be... Drink, "his brother" and the third character must be Drink's cat then? Two warriors entered the quest, each has a 50% chance to win.

Highly doubt Xena would've beaten 5 hours. That requires quite the set up which isnt possible now. Including dumping ice eggs for 2k a pop, having gotten the quest items prior to RB and having keys to labs set out. Being able to do the quest in half the time anyone else did it requires a lot of things...

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Asmodeus wrote:
Motoko wrote:
Kane wrote:

Highly doubt Xena would've beaten 5 hours. That requires quite the set up which isnt possible now. Including dumping ice eggs for 2k a pop, having gotten the quest items prior to RB and having keys to labs set out. Being able to do the quest in half the time anyone else did it requires a lot of things...

I actually learned of the ice egg trick from someone else who did it far before I did lol. They are worth 5k exp not 2k.
But yes I turned in about 150 of them.

I didn't enter the quest with intention of losing, I knew Xena was doing the quest and I knew that she was being helped by several people.

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Asmodeus wrote:

Don't assume she did it by normal means. The keys for the labs were pregrabbed and keys were laid out. Several warlord poles that you wouldn't even be able to get alone were also taken. I know it was way less than 9 hours but the castle quest is bugged but whatever, it's not my character and I won my quest so idc lol.

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Aside from the issue about someone turning in ice eggs during champ quest, I hve a major issue with min rank to turn them in being col, at ltcol I was able to solo the first ice nest pole, so could've done ice egg too, Which means I wouldn't have even been able to turn in, I say lower it to major.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Kane wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:

Don't assume she did it by normal means. The keys for the labs were pregrabbed and keys were laid out. Several warlord poles that you wouldn't even be able to get alone were also taken. I know it was way less than 9 hours but the castle quest is bugged but whatever, it's not my character and I won my quest so idc lol.

So you think the database that collected the time is wrong as shown on the website?

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Should be noted to take a look at the "pents" column...

212 pents grabbed by xena 0 by moto, that could account for about 3-4 hours right there.

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Lurker wrote:

212 pents grabbed by xena 0 by moto, that could account for about 3-4 hours right there.

Like I said, that was after she turned in the castle quest and touched temple portal that didn't end the timer and decided to pent because she was paranoid about AT exp scrolls for a while. At most shed have 25-30 when I ported in from 2nd lt and had grabbed all but 5 on rezzt and was helping blast 2 the mobs. I only helped for like 5 or 6 solves before deciding helping her get wl poles was more efficient as this was a waste of 30 mins

I even made a topic about the castle quest not registering http://aranockonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=201

This is why timers should be visible from the start. The castle quest is buggy. Sucks for all rebirths who didn't win since that was their only shot at the weapon but at least it goes to another rebirth. I would have been legit pissed if I was beaten by a non RB Arch Templar after being told it was for RB only and then finding out way later it was open to all.

Last edited by Kane on Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Kane wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Like I said, that was after she turned in the castle quest and decided to pent because she was paranoid about AT exp scrolls for a while. At most shed have 25-30 when I ported in from 2nd lt and had grabbed all but 5 on rezzt and was helping blast 2 the mobs. I only helped for like 5 or 6 solves before deciding helping her get wl poles was more efficient as this was a waste of 30 mins

You are telling me Xena grabbed 212 pents in 30 minutes?