Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Rizpah wrote:
You're too late on the miserable death Moto. Evilwitch already did it to us.

Clearly you have never been in one of my LQs.

People die.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Motoko wrote:
One thing (and most important thing) about LQs is that it builds community (Which lacks at times, in basically every online game)

PVP should be disabled, and people are supposed to be working together to defeat shiva's armies.

Reward is community and staff embracing and hugging each other, in order for the safety of aranock.

Another thing it's good for is flexing your muscles to see how powerful your character is relative to others.

it's also supposed to be fun and challenging. Personally i like to see LQs with conditional rewards based on how well the team performs.

Perhaps ill host something where the rules/rewards are set pre-LQ so everoyne knows whats going on, however, i feel everyone would die a miserable death and probably rage at me.

Twisted Evil

These types of LQs have been found to cause deaths to AFK players in temple, mass deaths and other. People are refractory to that. Just FYI.

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Asmodeus wrote:
Motoko wrote:
One thing (and most important thing) about LQs is that it builds community (Which lacks at times, in basically every online game)

PVP should be disabled, and people are supposed to be working together to defeat shiva's armies.

Reward is community and staff embracing and hugging each other, in order for the safety of aranock.

Another thing it's good for is flexing your muscles to see how powerful your character is relative to others.

it's also supposed to be fun and challenging. Personally i like to see LQs with conditional rewards based on how well the team performs.

Perhaps ill host something where the rules/rewards are set pre-LQ so everoyne knows whats going on, however, i feel everyone would die a miserable death and probably rage at me.

Twisted Evil

These types of LQs have been found to cause deaths to AFK players in temple, mass deaths and other. People are refractory to that. Just FYI.

I knew Motoko was Karranis all along.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Kane wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Motoko wrote:

Twisted Evil

I think the difference here is motoko would do it on purpose. XD

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Lurker wrote:
Kane wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Motoko wrote:

Twisted Evil

I think the difference here is motoko would do it on purpose. XD

Lol all this time I thought Karranis did it on purpose too.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Pretty sure nobody has died in the temple during any of my events.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Well you just aren't being crazy enough. XD

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Lurker wrote:
Well you just aren't being crazy enough. XD

I'm all for killing people but not if they can't fight back.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Odysseus wrote:
There is usually a room full of alternate prizes (actually there is two at different locations) They arnt always full of something exciting to hand out but staff have been allowed to request what they want deposited there within reason, alternate prizes for LQ's is possible even if it's some amount of platinum. On occasion uniques are even made. Although no matter the prize there is a need not to flood the market by giving it out too regularly

Imps can also go further and bestow honorary description titles and appearance changes amongst other things, or team with builders to design prize rooms or winner only hangout areas which could even include fighting for the monthly ownership right to a mansion where your recall can be set too etc. There is a lot of room for imaginative use of the commands available to staff and even more so for team work between different tiers of staff where more commands are open to the collective.
In summary there is every reason for everyone and anyone to get involved in an LQ, you never know when you will miss something you didn't know you'd be desperate for later on

Ody for prez, i really liked your idea. So much, that ive talked with nyan and moto and we came up with something very interesting! Exciting!

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Prizes like specially designed badges or trophies that people can wear and/or put in their empty and lonely clan halls.

Equipment items (Weapons, armors, amulets etc...) with the same mods as they are in the game (So someone doesn't say "But zey vill be OPPPP ands breaks ze gameee!!!") with maybe and added perk (Something not game changing but nice to have, so then again, it doesn't destroy Aranock ) plus the super awesome designed special skin (SPRITE) for such items.

That way Lab, that likes to talk in third person, knows the sprites he makes will be used for something.

And what I mean by specially designed, I mean the winner/s can pick a reference picture online of something they want and BAM! Lab makes it to look similar as much as he humanly can, or, they give an idea to Lab and Lab scratches his creative head and comes with something that he probably will steal from an already made drawing and take all the credit for it.