Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Slight change to pent functionality 
Anarchy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I would like to propose a minor change to pents. When a solo penter is running. I think it would be nice is the maximum solve would not be any more than 10. The reason I choose 10, is because that is typically the maximum number of pentagram you will find in one rank, with a few exceptions.

Penting is frustrating when you have to leave the rank you're in and go up or down a rank for a single pent.

I would also like to ask for one additional pent to be added to mixed. This would allow for a person to be able to achieve the target of 10 without having to go down in to MaGen or up in to ice. It would also give Mixed pents a nice round 5 pents instead of the awkward and triggering 4. There is even a spot for the pent, right in the middle of mixed.

Firelance
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I agree with adding a 5th pent to mixed, I would also propose a maximum solve for a single player be 9. Currently you can get an 11 solve with 2 players, I don't think it would be a terrible impact of the max solo solve was 9.

I would also suggest improving Earl Ice Pents total solve to be 81k, as currently underwater Barons are a significantly easier venture for a 71k solve vs the resist needed for Earl Ice. I believe the max solve in earls is 50k, so it is significantly lower than Underwater Barons.

Firelance - Earl of Aranock Seyan'Du
Freya - Major General Necromancer
Vince - Major General Arch Harakim
Vincent - Major General Arch Templar

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Changing the solve is a simple change.
Normally when I decrease the max I increase the min to keep them consistent.

Changing pent solves or adding a new pent may be a bit more challenging.
I have never seen templates for all the pents so I am guessing the templates were used and destroyed, hence no ability to be able to change or add to them.
Whether I have missed them or they have been lost in the mists of time, I can not say.

Marky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

You can add pents, that's no problem.
When you do add a pent, the current /build automatically assigns a pent number to it, being the highest one+1. (it[in].data[0])
That number is used to determine the exp you get for the pent. (Pent value (v) is (it[in].data[0]* it[in].data[0])/7+1.)

There are 2 or 3 pent number currently missing. If you can reuse one of those, and change the number manually (after creation), then you're done.
Otherwise it will take a little bit more work Wink
They all have driver 33, so they can be found, and incremented to make room for a new one.