Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Champion quest as Warlord Rebirth. 
Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Ok so since its per kin and i'm an Arch-Templar do I get counted with the other 2 templars that are also on the champion quest or am I alone in kin since im arched/rebirthed and they arent?
Unless one or both of the other warlord arch temps decide to rebirth im alone in this race right?

Also I was told that exp scrolls are an automatic DQ. Does that include Abandoned Town as a pent alternative?

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Rebirthed Arch templar and normal arch templar are considered the same race I believe, but rebirthed has massive advantages over normal.
As for exp scrolls, yes all exp scrolls will DQ.

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

LazyWarrior wrote:
Rebirthed Arch templar and normal arch templar are considered the same race I believe, but rebirthed has massive advantages over normal.

Massive advantage as in this is my main so every second im on counts against me where as other alts can gather on their main and only log on their alts when its time to progress. Doesn't sound like an advantage when its timed to me.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

kane wrote:
LazyWarrior wrote:

Massive advantage as in this is my main so every second im on counts against me where as other alts can gather on their main and only log on their alts when its time to progress. Doesn't sound like an advantage when its timed to me.

On the other hand you can start with tons of soulbound gear, cheaper str agi stats, no need to arch, and warlord poles. Plus most people who have warlords have other alts, some might not I suppose.

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Oh right, I forgot about the warlord poles im not supposed to touch until long after im done with the champion quest so I don't get a fraction of the exp. Razz

Asmodeus
Major
Major

I would like to suggest that Warlord RBs not be counted in the per KIN category. No one can compete with a good RB'ed character in terms of speed. No one can. At the same time, this is the only time RB characters will be allowed to participate. Why not make it an event and say that all RB who complete are champions.

It's not that game breaking and it doesn't screw any normal player either.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Asmodeus wrote:
I would like to suggest that Warlord RBs not be counted in the per KIN category. No one can compete with a good RB'ed character in terms of speed. No one can. At the same time, this is the only time RB characters will be allowed to participate. Why not make it an event and say that all RB who complete are champions.

Really the quest wasn't even supposed to be for normal players, rebirthed only, so normal players are lucky they can even try : P, also I do not like the idea of giving out that many champion weapons.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

LazyWarrior wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:

Really the quest wasn't even supposed to be for normal players, rebirthed only, so normal players are lucky they can even try : P, also I do not like the idea of giving out that many champion weapons.

You are one of the biggest balance defenders so much so that your input got an entire class nerfed to garbage (necro was already pretty garbage) but having +10 res +4wv is an issue? Champion quests have always been an unbalancing factor. A templar who did champion quest no longer needs to bother with maxing sword because they can DW with an Axe. It wouldn't be that big of an issue if one handed axes were released a year ago when they were announced. I mean come on, sprites are out, all you need is to CGI them but still.

Champion weapons for 80m exp and getting to col? don't see an issue. In all fairness, I already championed two toons. Don't care about having more weapons but unless rebirthed toons can participate in every single champ quest, it is unrealistic to lose an RB toon to get a bit more wv/res. It is already hard to convince normal players to try it out but now you are locking out players behind a wall of exclusivity.

I really don't know why players in this game are soooo hard headed about exclusivity. You do the quest, you succeed? Why get shafted because another player who will most likely never play that toon again got it done in 10m less. Uniques are the same thing. Probably the feature that generated the most hate and anger in this game was exactly the exclusivity of everything.

Take prison gear, ankh belt. All RNG crap that can take upwards of 100+ time to get. Is it an achievement, no! It's a testament of you pushing through and not quitting the game. Wow!

Sorry for the rant but giving a reward to someone who completes an exclusive quest should be just that. RB will not have another chance at these weapons, why shaft them?

Man lot's of anger at exclusivity uhh? Razz

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Too much passion in previous post. All to say is that exclusivity is the reason a lot of people quit or got very angry with the game. No point in getting that here. Champion quest should be about challenge and fun not rage because you didn't beat the person who knows how to abuse the features to get the best possible time.

Was always against the champion quests and how they were implemented but especially that people who genuinely tried and made it got nothing. Now with RBs it is double the pain as this is the only time they will get this chance and that means that people who stacked skuas and dpots will have a much better chance to win than normal players or lazier warlords.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

This Champ Quest was deliberately targeted at rebirthed Warlords.
It did not exclude other characters but that was the primary target.
The ex Warlords are expected to have an advantage, not just the fact that they may have extra potions available.

The 3 races that can not be impacted by the Warlord Rebirth are Mercs, Haras and Templars as there are no WLs with those races.