Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Char Expiry Times - Nobles 
Drink
Major
Major

Any chance for Nobles to never expire?
Probably less than 200 in Aranock?Razz

I know it was in place to save character ids but I don't believe this will ever cap out with noble characters.
Quite sad to see peoples characters vanish :'(

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

I upvote this if it ever happens

BillyK
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I upvote this is aswell.

Firelance
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Late to the party but I'm still amazing.

I upvote this as well.

Firelance - Earl of Aranock Seyan'Du
Freya - Major General Necromancer
Vince - Major General Arch Harakim
Vincent - Major General Arch Templar

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Any thoughts on this?

Gambit
Captain
Captain

I think it should be added to a character who is rb2 or possibly attached to some future rb3. As it is, my belief is the inactivity timers have benefited the community over the long run by driving activity. However, with the introduction of raid gear/rb2 the time commitments/player coordination needed increased to a degree that some may not play rather than grind it all over and network with other players. My vote would be for the option to exist, but constrained in some way to those who are truly committed to that toon.

Bringer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Gambit wrote:
I think it should be added to a character who is rb2 or possibly attached to some future rb3. As it is, my belief is the inactivity timers have benefited the community over the long run by driving activity. However, with the introduction of raid gear/rb2 the time commitments/player coordination needed increased to a degree that some may not play rather than grind it all over and network with other players. My vote would be for the option to exist, but constrained in some way to those who are truly committed to that toon.

I disagree that it's benefitted the game over the long run. I have been playing this game off and on since V2. I've been forced to restart from scratch probably half a dozen times now or more. Finding out that all my characters and stuff is gone is what prevents me from playing after a break, sometimes for years just because I don't want to redo everything. It is by FAR the worst feature of this game.

Gambit
Captain
Captain

Bringer wrote:
Gambit wrote:

I disagree that it's benefitted the game over the long run. I have been playing this game off and on since V2. I've been forced to restart from scratch probably half a dozen times now or more. Finding out that all my characters and stuff is gone is what prevents me from playing after a break, sometimes for years just because I don't want to redo everything. It is by FAR the worst feature of this game.

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but it seems like you contradict yourself by mentioning you have restarted a half dozen times or more.

I am moving this discussion to admin only on recommendation of the community at this time I suppose. My belief is that rb2 should grant maximum allowed time via code to have a character on ice.

Makadon
Corporal
Corporal

Bringer wrote:
Gambit wrote:

I agree. This is the predominant effect. I don't think characters should expire at all.

Bringer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Gambit wrote:
Bringer wrote:
Gambit wrote:

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but it seems like you contradict yourself by mentioning you have restarted a half dozen times or more.

I am moving this discussion to admin only on recommendation of the community at this time I suppose. My belief is that rb2 should grant maximum allowed time via code to have a character on ice.

Having to restart from scratch makes me not want to play. Many times I have wanted to play but only to find I waited too long to login, and everything is gone. So then I leave for a year or so then finally come back and start from scratch. If I could always keep my chars and not have "must play or login anxiety" forever, that'd be great. This exists in every other games I've ever played in my life, online or solo. This is the only game that has this limitation that I know of. It's not a good one.

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

I would rather give my chars to someone and let them keep them active and play them if they won’t make them active forever.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Read today's posts on the Announcements of the Forum.
Any character autodeleted since Nov 2015 can be resurrected.
Capt or above or any Arch race.

All items sold and concerted to gold - item templates could have changed over time and this could have corrupted the game.
All skills and attributes reset back to the minimum and the points returned to be available for use. This had to be done because character templates have changed over the years and old/deleted characters would not have had the changes applied.

If you have your old moa file you can use it to log straight into the game.
If you have lost your moa file then there is a 3-4 step process that a god needs to do for you.

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

To clarify, do I need to login to refresh my char still?

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

If your character is autodeleted all of your items will be converted to gold(up to a cap) & your bound items will no longer be bound to you even if they didn't get deleted.
So yes it is still heavily recommended to refresh your characters.

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Darn I was hoping that was what this was going to fix. Auto refresh or turn off refresh needed going forward.