Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Labfiveonly wrote:
Warcry not only fears and curses your enemies, as implied when one is saying, warcry, it is literally shout/chant in a War, In war if you want to win, moral plays a big role and warcry's help inspire this, not only raises one moral but lowers the enemy's moral, moral in a sense could be the fighting spirit/fighting skill, fighting spirit perhaps is represented in how many kills you get, or how fast you kill. So In conclusion, a warcry should somehow affect your attack in some reason, perhaps faster attack for a minute, perhaps a boost on attack/weapon skills, perhaps more crit, etc... you get my point?
Perhaps.

Lab5 for prez!
It's all about the morales on the battlefield.

We should give warcry a beneficial buff to /party members! +5braveness!
With a blast1 radius dmg to the 4 monsters around you. (No pvp?)

Thats exactly what you had in mind Moto, correct?

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Bubbles wrote:
Labfiveonly wrote:
Warcry not only fears and curses your enemies, as implied when one is saying, warcry, it is literally shout/chant in a War, In war if you want to win, moral plays a big role and warcry's help inspire this, not only raises one moral but lowers the enemy's moral, moral in a sense could be the fighting spirit/fighting skill, fighting spirit perhaps is represented in how many kills you get, or how fast you kill. So In conclusion, a warcry should somehow affect your attack in some reason, perhaps faster attack for a minute, perhaps a boost on attack/weapon skills, perhaps more crit, etc... you get my point?
Perhaps.

Lab5 for prez!
It's all about the morales on the battlefield.

We should give warcry a beneficial buff to /party members! +5braveness!
With a blast1 radius dmg to the 4 monsters around you. (No pvp?)

Thats exactly what you had in mind Moto, correct?

Indeed, I believe it is doing half of what it should do, yes it does makes enemies cower (stun+curse) but it should some how give the player (or players, that is also a good idea!) some kind of positive boost, it could be a 1 to 5 mins spells boost of sorts on damage.

Edit:
A blast added onto it wouldn't make much difference unless it was sort of a good blast, but then it would be very OP, maybe add surround hit 2 mods to it, or boost the damage dealt by sh2 , many ways it could be approached that will be more beneficial than adding raw damage on to it, me thinks.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

What about taking the changes in a whole different direction, which would help the other "bad" class, warriors. Instead of relying on an ability to deal more damage or weaken the opponent more. What about just adjusting how damage is calculated. Mainly the Bonus damage for weapon skill differences. Right now,assuming this hasn't already been changed since vanilla, the bonus caps out at 15, and it doesn't scale based on rank. Which means as enemy HP increases your bonus damage for having more weapon skill doesn't increase.

I'd say have a modifier to the bonus based on rank, or kindred, or possibly both, or maybe base weapon skill. Of course I can't really give too much feedback on this without knowing the existing changes.

something like bonus += weaponskill[0]/8
or just a scaling bonus adjustment based on attacker rank, or maybe even defender rank.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Lurker wrote:
What about taking the changes in a whole different direction, which would help the other "bad" class, warriors. Instead of relying on an ability to deal more damage or weaken the opponent more. What about just adjusting how damage is calculated. Mainly the Bonus damage for weapon skill differences. Right now,assuming this hasn't already been changed since vanilla, the bonus caps out at 15, and it doesn't scale based on rank. Which means as enemy HP increases your bonus damage for having more weapon skill doesn't increase.

I'd say have a modifier to the bonus based on rank, or kindred, or possibly both, or maybe base weapon skill. Of course I can't really give too much feedback on this without knowing the existing changes.

something like bonus += weaponskill[0]/8
or just a scaling bonus adjustment based on attacker rank, or maybe even defender rank.

Wonder how it will affect lower level characters or those with lower mods especially against boss mobs. I was also thinking about how sh and sh2 should hit on every hit and not 1/4.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Could only give the bonus to players, and at that only specific kindreds too.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Anything in the works?

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Asmodeus wrote:
Anything in the works?

Yes, i heard rumors LL himself is secretly working on something.
*whistles innoncently* Rolling Eyes

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

2H Axe Dual wield! And an armor with 120 str 120 strenght, platinum armor. There, i fixed the Templars.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Bubbles wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Anything in the works?

Yes, i heard rumors LL himself is secretly working on something.
*whistles innoncently* Rolling Eyes

Um, there is nothing in the works for harden lol.

we are looking to improve ATs through other means.

Something is in the works for ATs but it doesn't involve harden.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Lol true, lets just say hes secretly working to buff the poor tincans Razz

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Any juicy details?

Also I wouldn't mind seeing higher stats for the ice axe or seeing platinum armor for temps.

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

What kind of dork plays a tincan in the year 2016 lol...

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Kane wrote:
What kind of dork plays a tincan in the year 2016 lol...

this made me lol

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Asmodeus wrote:
Any juicy details?

Also I wouldn't mind seeing higher stats for the ice axe or seeing platinum armor for temps.

Vorpal axe with 92 WV! When vic crit hits, appart from the stun, it makes the enemy puke a rainbow of diseases, poison and curse included for 10 seconds.

Platinum armor with some +1 AV from titanium armor per piece in comparison. Also, a secret stat, more parry, hence the armor is so white and shiny it automatically makes the enemies confused by the beautiful reflective silver-white and soooo, it is easier for the dexterous templar to block off the attack.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Asmodeus wrote:
Any juicy details?

Labfiveonly's ideas:

Vorpal axe with 92 WV! When vic crit hits, appart from the stun, it makes the enemy puke a rainbow of diseases, poison and curse included for 10 seconds.

Platinum armor with some +1 AV from titanium armor per piece in comparison. Also, a secret stat, more parry, hence the armor is so white and shiny it automatically makes the enemies confused by the beautiful reflective silver-white and soooo, it is easier for the dexterous templar to block off the attack.

PS:

I am pretty sure I posted once, there is an issue with Phone posting, I scrolled right while posting (hide tab / go backwards) by mistake and then I swiped left (back to the just now closed / hidden page) and clicked Submit.

Last edited by Labfiveonly on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total