Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Moto for prez!

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Bubbles wrote:
Moto for prez!

First thing I shall do as president is build a great wall... around you.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Motoko wrote:
Bubbles wrote:
Moto for prez!

First thing I shall do as president is build a great wall... around you.

Hail! Oh Leader of the Great Wall, Motoko. o/

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Motoko wrote:
I will look into this, i have some ideas to help ATs.

Hope it is a better idea than +5 base EW. Or if it is just as good, I hope you won't think AT is fixed and add nothing more months.

I think on the topic of AT, you cannot continue to pussyfoot around.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Asmodeus wrote:
Motoko wrote:
I will look into this, i have some ideas to help ATs.

Hope it is a better idea than +5 base EW. Or if it is just as good, I hope you won't think AT is fixed and add nothing more months.

I think on the topic of AT, you cannot continue to pussyfoot around.

I will do what is in the best interests of this game. AT isn't as weak as you think, he just kills slowly, which is the definition of a tank. Still better than warrior based on my evaluation, and unstoppable with spells.

The question is, is AT supposed to be a tank? What is the purpose of the class? Tank? DPS? All classes should have a definition, which they don't really.

For all formal complaints about my changes, please submit via procedure XJ-1239, section 4.32.5.7.32 sub-section 9, article 23.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

I also agree with moto, it should be more than just a simple "Tincan" that when it is not properly branded/spelled, it will never sell/kill fast enough, but, put some nice design on it/skill on it, some tasty looking food photograph/skill that does more than making enemies stunned for half a second, some well thought typography/balance to that skill, that simple Tincan will shine/wreak havoc in the midst of Aranock!

Best regards,

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Labfiveonly wrote:
I also agree with moto, it should be more than just a simple "Tincan" that when it is not properly branded/spelled, it will never sell/kill fast enough, but, put some nice design on it/skill on it, some tasty looking food photograph/skill that does more than making enemies stunned for half a second, some well thought typography/balance to that skill, that simple Tincan will shine/wreak havoc in the midst of Aranock!

Best regards,

that is iron oxide (rust) - tin doesn't oxidize brown, so if that was a tincan, it wouldn't be brown.

You're fired.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Motoko wrote:
Labfiveonly wrote:

Best regards,

that is iron oxide (rust) - tin doesn't oxidize brown, so if that was a tincan, it wouldn't be brown.

You're fired.

Tincans are not fully made with tin, coated with tin yes, but not fully tin, so, they are not fully resistant to rust, while Steel(that comes from Iron), being the main component in a Tincan, does rot. Make a small scratch and scrape the tin off the Steel sheet (wall) and it shall rust.

You can't fire me just yet Boss-toko.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

A change is in the works to help templars, however it is not related to harden, it is related to warcry.

Logic behind this is, harden change effects necro.

More balance changes are hopefully coming as well.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

You don't want to give templars a new skill, moto?

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Bubbles wrote:

They already have a unique skill (warcry) and harden which only necros have.

They're already the second most unique class.

If we were to add new skills, it would be for the other arch races that dont have any unique skills, which is every other class (warrior, arch hara, sorc, seyan)

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Warcry not only fears and curses your enemies, as implied when one is saying, warcry, it is literally shout/chant in a War, In war if you want to win, moral plays a big role and warcry's help inspire this, not only raises one moral but lowers the enemy's moral, moral in a sense could be the fighting spirit/fighting skill, fighting spirit perhaps is represented in how many kills you get, or how fast you kill. So In conclusion, a warcry should somehow affect your attack in some reason, perhaps faster attack for a minute, perhaps a boost on attack/weapon skills, perhaps more crit, etc... you get my point?

Perhaps.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Motoko wrote:
Bubbles wrote:

If we were to add new skills, it would be for the other arch races that dont have any unique skills, which is every other class (warrior, arch hara, sorc, seyan)

Can't hope for much can we? You are right though, they are the second most uniquely weak and useless solo class right up there with warrior.

I hope that a mechanic change might still be on the way because if you continue with superficial and tasteless buffs like 5ew max base, you'll waste your time and ours.

But hey, who am I to judge. It seems that every player suggestion made over the years concerning templars has fallen on deaf ears so it isn't like it changes much.

I don't dislike your ideas for the most part Moto but in terms of balance, you really don't have a clue and I hope you will refer to player experiences. I can't believe that we are still discussing templars on spells when that is a rarity especially given our constant low population. I hope you do realize just how annoying it is to play a templar from a vanilla sense and not with all the fluff such as champion gear and BiS armor (which nearly no templar has).

Ya ya, I know you don't like people being negative and doubting your capacity to single handedly fix the server and balance but I hope you move away from the ego and realize that this change is years too late and it needs to happen to the community's benefit.

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

How hard would it be to add a blast 1 effect to the four surrounding you when you warcry? This alone will probably solve everything.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Asmodeus wrote:
Motoko wrote:
Bubbles wrote:

Can't hope for much can we? You are right though, they are the second most uniquely weak and useless solo class right up there with warrior.

I hope that a mechanic change might still be on the way because if you continue with superficial and tasteless buffs like 5ew max base, you'll waste your time and ours.

But hey, who am I to judge. It seems that every player suggestion made over the years concerning templars has fallen on deaf ears so it isn't like it changes much.

I don't dislike your ideas for the most part Moto but in terms of balance, you really don't have a clue and I hope you will refer to player experiences. I can't believe that we are still discussing templars on spells when that is a rarity especially given our constant low population. I hope you do realize just how annoying it is to play a templar from a vanilla sense and not with all the fluff such as champion gear and BiS armor (which nearly no templar has).

Ya ya, I know you don't like people being negative and doubting your capacity to single handedly fix the server and balance but I hope you move away from the ego and realize that this change is years too late and it needs to happen to the community's benefit.

I really don't have a clue when it comes to this game's balance? That's a laughable and overall ridiculous and untrue statement.

Without beating my own chest (because I don't need to, my credibility in terms of game knowledge is pretty good I'd say) - I think I have a pretty good idea on where this game lies in terms of balance, if you want to discuss this with me, i'm online, no need to post inflammatory things on here. We've made a lot of strides in the right direction in terms of game balance, much more than in the history of this game since I joined the administration.

Edit: I've actually created mathematical matrices in terms of class balance, which took me hours. If you'd like i can share them with you, but it shows as AT being the second weakest class, slightly better than warrior. Sorceror being the best rated, with seyan/AH/necro close behind.