Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Normalize warlord poles or change the bonus 
Asmodeus
Major
Major

Warlord poles are RNG. RNG means that some people get shafted. After dumping 80m exp you should not get shafted by a feature that was deemed equivalent to EXP COST REDUCTION!

Botar got 240k exp (approx) at around the same exp as I was when I got 541k. Not fair. Not OK.

Please fix by making it a static amount. Also exp reward for poles is pretty lack luster. It was supposed to be a replacement for exp redux, it is only a disappointment when you get really low values off a pole that was supposed to give you a boost. RNG should not be a part of poles that require you to rebirth before using. Thanks

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

I'm for them being either no rng, or much less rng(only 10% or so variance of exp given), I think currently they have ~50% variance from their base exp, maybe a little less or more but not far off from that i believe(didn't know this till recently). That's way too much of a variance imo.
Also as i said in the other post, it should show how much exp the pole will give you on average, so u don't get screwed out of like 200k exp because you grabbed one early.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

They operate the same way all poles in the game do.
With 16 odd poles on average you will get the experience level that you deserve, sometimes good and sometimes bad.
The poles were placed in areas that if you can normally do that area then you should get the full experience from it.

If you over power to get to the poles early then you take the risk.
The location of all the poles is known.
You decide when to get them.
Do not rush them and you will get full value (on average) over the full set of poles.

Yes I know you are all awesome and can do garg nest at Sgt on a full set of scrolls and pots and the right gear.
But if you are too awesome then you will miss out because of your awesomeness.

There are no plans to change the poles at this stage, on the basis of the above logic.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Lordlava wrote:
They operate the same way all poles in the game do.
With 16 odd poles on average you will get the experience level that you deserve, sometimes good and sometimes bad.
The poles were placed in areas that if you can normally do that area then you should get the full experience from it.

If you over power to get to the poles early then you take the risk.
The location of all the poles is known.
You decide when to get them.
Do not rush them and you will get full value (on average) over the full set of poles.

Yes I know you are all awesome and can do garg nest at Sgt on a full set of scrolls and pots and the right gear.
But if you are too awesome then you will miss out because of your awesomeness.

There are no plans to change the poles at this stage, on the basis of the above logic.

The above logic works for poles but not WARLORD poles. You have consistently said that you will not apply difficulty reduction to all skills on rebirth despite what 90% of the community wished for. Now it is fine that only Moto and you opposed the redux but you offered the idea of warlord poles to alleviate the major and significant cost increase to max valuable skills post rebirth. The numbers were around 10-16m. How unfair is it that one player gets lucky and gets full values while another gets screwed?

I work with averages what you say is that on an infinite amount of trials it will average out but when the sample is 10, you run the risk of having a lot of variance and extremely upset players. For Botar to get half the value I got is insanely unfair especially when warlord poles were supposed to be our shut up token for not getting exp redux. The logic works for normal players sure but not rebirthed ones that sacrifice a lot of exp and time to get back to private.

It is an unfair feature that only discriminates against the unlucky and potentially infuriates those that get shafted. None of us are taking poles at low rank we take them when we overlevel the content yet still get shafted. Please fix it or atleast give us an alternative to poor implements.

Ketchup
Corporal
Corporal

Id have to say I completely agree. Ive noticed quite a large difference in exp values gained from these rb poles from ome person to another at the same rank. 105k for one person and 250k for another person same pole same rank....is pretty shit tier if you ask me. I realize there some rng to poles but thats basically 2.5x the exp wtf?? Ive gotten the shaft considerabley on a couple of these already and its dissapointing to say the least.....

Botar
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I just got 366k for the emme cave pole, kitsundere got 750k.

How is this alright? And no, I didn't rush it, I was over 11 million experience when I got it.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Botar wrote:
I just got 366k for the emme cave pole, kitsundere got 750k.

How is this alright? And no, I didn't rush it, I was over 11 million experience when I got it.

Apparently it is working as intended.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

My memory must have failed me.
I thought that we lowered 2 of BWIAS on each race...
It must be old age setting in.

I will look at the randomness in the poles but that will effect all poles not just WL poles.

No promises.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

if (exp) {
exp=exp/2+RANDOM(exp); // some randomness
exp=min(ch[cn].points_tot/10,exp); // not more than 10% of total experience
exp+=RANDOM(exp/10+1); // some more rand (needs +1 to avoid div by zero)
do_give_exp(cn,exp,0,-1);
}

Looks like exp ranges from 50% to 160% of the base experience subject to it not exceeding more that 10% of your total experience.