Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Champion Weapon Alternative 
xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Just wanted to throw out the idea of an alternative way to get Champion Weapon - maybe RB2 and 100 million.

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yes Please.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

How would you like the opportunity to be able to get a Champion Weapon on any existing character?.....

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

I’m open to ideas or voting. Just was throwing out my idea for existing characters.

Mayhem
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I like the idea... It gives you another goal once youve hit rb2 warlord

Drink
Major
Major

Can we have multiple shadow helms too then please?Razz
Currently the Godly Skua weapons are basically Champion Weapons
Issue is only 1, and cant get it for Axe/Seyans.

Can i suggest something similar but not champ weaps to leave them unique to the Champ Quest.
As Xclusive suggested an Alternative ?:p
Quest or something to do with RB3 Mebbe where u get a Weapon thats say Normal Weapon stats +5BWIAS +6WV

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

The extra weapon skill and resis along with WV is the plus. If it’s just bwias and wv that isn’t worth it. Its either a way to get champ weapon or nothing at all for me. My argument is that while someone might have cornered the market on being the fastest at champ quest, should there be an alternative format for other casual players to gain access to the item. Being RB2 already, technically having a champ weapon by that point doesn’t really offer up that much gains as it would starting from Non RB imo. Again, just discussion points, and I don’t argue against making godly axe/seyan or more helms. Just like ice armor is nice, but you hardly see it used or worn.

Bringer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Man that shadow helm ruined me. I got it for a month and was able to pent UW Barons with it and when I lost it and didn't get it again I stopped playing again lol.

Idk, never been a fan of temporary items like that. I prefer best in slot to be difficult, with some grind, and with higher and slightly less efficient upkeep/use cost compared to next tier down.

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Z already has 100 million over RB2 without any incentive... Wink

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

I wanted to bump this with the change in uniques. I would also like to ask is there a timer set on uniques we can be aware of, of are they just set to randomly disappear. I don’t have an issue with unique rotation, I think honestly it should be shorter, more in line with math cap. I just wanted to know if there might be discussion on revising champ quest, more opportunities, shorter duration, or just allowing champ weapons at some type of RB2 level. I think people that have a champ already care less about uniques, but now if we have a unique taken away, I was hoping to have other opportunities. Thanks for the discussion and the changes, just throwing my two cents out there.

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Not just to Xclusive, but all interested in the topic of uniques and champ weapons;

We have gotten far, FAR away from the original intent of this game and it's uniques.
I think it is because the world itself and the world of gaming has changed so much in 25 years.
Back in the 80's and 90's it was not only acceptable to try and be exceptional but the stated goal of most serious gamers. If you built the highest, faster, strongest character during the 1,000's of hours you spent to get there you found your 1 unique that was your signature item. (Mine was a Purple dagger back in the old days.)
Then your fully maxed bad ass character with your 1 signature unique put you on top of the mountain as a God among gamers.

The modern world thinking of rewards for everybody and an easy route for everything has also seeped into gaming and made most people think exceptionalism is now somehow a bad thing. Those of us that play this game for nostalgia liked that old world, but if we are going down this road of we are ALL winners and we all get a trophy then lets go all in...

As it stands now we are creating a system where Everybody can have a "trophy" and NOBODY can keep one long enough to enjoy it or mean anything. They are actually becoming useless for gaming purposes. (I stopped collecting Fire/Ice sets a long time ago for this exact reason.) At least that is the direction of all the changes I have seen on this server from the original game we all loved so much. The new world think is injecting 2 different types of fixes to the old unique system.

1) "Inactive" players automatically lose items they may have spent 1,000's of hours obtaining and keeping.
2) "Active" players now also lose items they may have spent 1,000's of hours obtaining and keeping.

(How either of these fixes belongs in what was once a world of gaming exceptionalism I hope someone will explain some day. But that's probably a topic for another thread.)
Laughing

The reality of these fixes...

* They are completely useless to the modern casual player when they disappear and you have to go get them again every time you have time to play. Taking them away, especially in shorter time periods goes against all logic that this is helpful for the more "casual" player that has a life and may not sign on every week.
* Making their disappearance and appearance Random makes them useless to almost everybody, but more useless again to the 'casual' player that might get one a couple times a year only to lose it before they can enjoy it next time.

$$$ This has nothing to do with helping the casual character to get or enjoy them and now it has made it so even the most dedicated players don't bother. This entire thing is only about Jealousy and redistribution of wealth! $$$

Here are my suggestions to bring us all the way up to modern "everybody gets a trophy" thinking.
So the "all in", everybody can have what they want answer is...

PROFESSIONS!!!

All the very best uniques should be creatable in Professions. This area has never fully developed and we basically max 3 of the 4 professions at a max level very low and then ignore them. The one exception being blacksmithing is still only maxed by 1 or 2 characters in the history of this server.

For uniques;
Anything that can be found in a chest/bones should be buildable at very high level profession with difficult to obtain materials

For Special drops; (like Math cap or Mem Lane ammy)
Anything found on a mob boss should also be buildable but with materials from that mob boss. This could also eliminate the annoying RNG for parts of the item drops.

All of this deserves another topic line and full discussion, but I believe Professions is the way to go.

Z

chronicxx
Corporal
Corporal

I second professions and if we are talking near end game level equipment. Bring in the other features of game to. Rare drops from monster lotto too as well as a global set of collectables to see your own past journey through the game.

Akephalos
Corporal
Corporal

Hot take: don't add anything to Monster Lotto until it's fixed.

Hot take part 2: DISABLE MONSTER LOTTO UNTIL IT'S FIXED. The catches for the errors are clearly not working properly and it continues to crash... repeatedly... every time ML is open.

Botar
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I think people are probably overthinking this whole thing.

Champ weapons for everyone is not really necessary. You get one for being good at speed running, if you aren't good at it then you don't get one. Why is that a problem?

Unique weapons are unique, there aren't enough for everyone. If you don't get one, you don't have one. Why is that a problem?

The actual problem is that there's not many ways to upgrade weapons, and everyone loves weapons. There's a few different amulets. There's prison armor and dragon armor. There's no special weapon aside from champion weapons, and not everyone likes or can compete in the speed runs. Just make more end game weapons and methods of acquisition instead of watering down existing system.

EDIT: I will say that of the suggested methods I like tying it to rebirth 3 the best, or maybe a reward for rebirth 1 and touching all the poles and an upgrade after touching them all a second time or something?

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Botar wrote:
I think people are probably overthinking this whole thing.

Champ weapons for everyone is not really necessary. You get one for being good at speed running, if you aren't good at it then you don't get one. Why is that a problem?

Unique weapons are unique, there aren't enough for everyone. If you don't get one, you don't have one. Why is that a problem?

The actual problem is that there's not many ways to upgrade weapons, and everyone loves weapons. There's a few different amulets. There's prison armor and dragon armor. There's no special weapon aside from champion weapons, and not everyone likes or can compete in the speed runs. Just make more end game weapons and methods of acquisition instead of watering down existing system.

EDIT: I will say that of the suggested methods I like tying it to rebirth 3 the best, or maybe a reward for rebirth 1 and touching all the poles and an upgrade after touching them all a second time or something?

Too late! They have already watered down the existing system and removed people's hard earned uniques.

And some people have already done RB2 and touched every pole every time with 100 Million EXP extra...

Z