Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Why are my graphics unplayably laggy? 
StarWarsFan
Private
Private

Title says it all, my network is fine, but if I try to move or type anything, i have to wait up to 30 seconds for my client to update.

AMD version.
Shadows off
No Alpha
Windows 10 running the game in Windows XP compatibility.
Ran troubleshoot compatibility, system applied Win8, only slightly better with the lag. 5 - 10 seconds lag

How do i fix this?

Specs: (from PC specifications in settings)
Processor AMD A4-9125 RADEON R3, 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.47 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

There isn't support for this games graphics on windows 7 or newer so u have to use dxwnd to run the game(or some other options) there's a guide under technical help & faq, the sticky post at the top.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Aranock uses an old Astonia client that utilises the DirectDraw software for the graphics and user interface.
Microsoft stopped support for Direct Draw after Windows XP and removed it from the platform from about Windows 7.

There are 3 known methods to get the Aranock Client working:
1) Apply one of the Fixes available in the download, depending on your type of graphics card (NVidia or AMD). This is the simplest method but it does not work for all computers and it only gives you a full screen version of the client.
2) Install and use DxWnd. There are various guides on the forum on how to do this. This is a little bit more complex but it gives you a windowed version of the game which is easier better to use. DxWnd is now the recommended method. There should have been a DxWnd installation guide in the download pack.
3) Install VirtualBox and either Windows XP or Linux/Wine. This is the most complex option. It is my current and was my preferred method but Bill Gates in his infinite wisdom has decided to stop you being able to register Windows XP so this method is no longer available unless you already have it installed on a Virtual machine. The Linux/Wine option is probably beyond the ability of most casual users to install and so is not a recommended method except for Linux enthusiasts..

Gambit
Captain
Captain

I am always going to prefer DGVoodoo 2 as my method of choice, but I do play aranock on an older laptop. The problem with it being it still locks your screen even if you have two monitors (although I think there are settings now to do away with that). Nothing beats it for ease of use, just drop the ddraw.dll file into the aranock folder and you are good to go!