Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Since nobody likes PVP... 
Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

With having pents the way they are now, being split up per area, and the NPCs that are spawned are flagged to the pent they're spawned from.

How opposed would people be if we set timers on the grolms/gargs/golems so that the longer they're alive the more exp they're worth?

Kind of like a "kill bonus" to some degree based on how long the NPC is alive and running around.

I think it would naturally help the races that kill so slow.

It would also not help those races that kill super quick.

Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

That doesn't sound bad if you ask me. Or maybe add random exp boost to some of the kills? I'd be living in Baron and Earl Ice pents tho, as I know I'm one of few players penting those areas, if the "live longer = more exp" comes around. Laughing
And them rainbow belts in Earl Ice pents are awesome, as they has alot of stats. Very Happy

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

85 views and only Sigtyr responds Sad

That is actually a solid point though. Earl Ice is practically pointless considering FDM UW is more exp and less resist by a significant amount. This would give some type of exp perk to Earl Ice Pents.

Marky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sigtyr had to check 84 times to understand what you wrote? Wink

When a pent is last reset, the grolms/gargs/golems are spat out. With sometimes no one visiting that pent section for ages, the grolms/gargs/golems will grow very old. I assume you don't expect them to have loads of exp points then?

They get reset every couple of days. Game mechanics to keep the game sane. So there is a limit to how old the grolms/gargs/golems get. But still they can get days old.
So perhaps a few set values, for longer than 10 min, 20 min and 30 min might work to make sure it doesn't go up and up and up in exp.

I don't see how specifically slow fighters benefit from this. A quick fighter would grab a bigger range of pents to get the same benefits.

More points for slow fighters might work when you start a fresh timer for when a fight starts. But I don't see how that could work well.
Grab a char with SH2, lure a bunch of golems to you, start fighting 4 around you and they all get hit, with a timer starting.
Or do the same with poison. But that's not something that a sorc, hara or ninja would raise early.

In the end it looks like a complicated way to get more exp from pents...

If it would be to help slow ranking players, who struggle with building their chars and make them perform effective, then I would say less reduction of kill exp when you outrank grolms/gargs/golems might work.
An example: 1 rank below golem-> 1150 exp per kill. same rank -> 1000. 1 rank above golem -> 850 exp. 2 rank above golem -> 750. 3 rank above golem -> 680, 4 rank above golem -> 600.
That could be changed to 1150 - 1000 - 850 (850) - 770 (750) - 720 (680) - 680 (600).
A "penalty" for crappy char building and low gear would be less.
Also would help to become a warlord a bit. With more and more exp needed for the next rank, it would make things as an Earl still slow, but a little less.
With still a significant lower exp for bigger rank differences, I think there is a good chance that there is no way to make advantage of this by penting at PFC as an Earl Wink