Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

chronicxx
Corporal
Corporal

So in summary? Or do people have more to add?
A bump

Tomlane
Private
Private

The best upgrade to put sorcs back in the game would be to give them Dispell. They'd be dangerous then.

Jaigur
Corporal
Corporal

Lordlava wrote:
Does anyone use Compulse on Sorc?

Go into one higher pent area, find the 3 highest rank on that area and compulse them
Spell them up then jump back down one rank and dominate the region.

30 mins later repeat.
Don't forget to transfer them b4 30 minutes is up to get the exp.

Is that not viable?

Compulsed monsters in pents don't really work even with higher ranked ones. Once they run out of mana (and they like to use stun/curse) their magic shield runs out. Once that is gone they are useless - probably after 5 minutes. Back in the day when you could compulse more than 3 monsters they were much more useable because you could outnumber the other monsters, but now I only use compulse in the mountain.

As I've played my sorc as my main char I've found that they NEED a ish MS scroll to step into U3 - from my understanding there isn't another race that needs to rely on scrolls to go to areas (i could be wrong).

A huge bonus of being a sorc is their ability to stun and run though - but once I get cursed in pents I recall asap because there is no hope.

Sorce do need something though. I like the mana version of Harden, or Immolation. I do agree though that blue capes should get Dispell.