Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Abandoned Town Portals 
rifruna
Corporal
Corporal

Abandoned Town has easily become my new favourite place in the game.
I love just racking up the experience and scratching off my upgrade goals.

However, the respawning outside of town is really not favourable.
The walking distance towards higher level portals is just not worth it. I actually make more experience/hour doing the lowest levels which I stealth into.
Which leads me to the Captains skeletons. I don't mind slapping high fives every now and then with them. But they are there every time and easily taking 10 minutes in an hour. This adds up to higher levels and also leads to my final point.
It has become a chore for me to walk down and get passed those Captain skeletons every time. I enjoy hitting crits and seeing enemies get surround hit. I don't enjoy watching my character walk.. This is really not fun no matter how you put it.

I thought about solutions and one might be to point all room 4 portals to the centre where the hanging execution area is.
Another way could be to change the entrance area in the hanging execution area rather then walking all the way to the back and work your way to the front just to be zapped out of town.

Please consider this as it has become sort of a game breaker as I gain higher levels and don't see the gameplay fun in doing these extra chores to get what I want to do.

Anarchy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

As you walk in to the area, start warcrying, youll stun those skeletons and it will prevent them from being able to slow you down. However, I agree with you regarding rearranging the portals. The rooms obviously cant be moved though.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

You can just run back to previous rooms instead of using the portal at the end as it doesn't give much exp anyways, not even sure why it gives any exp.

Anarchy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

LazyWarrior wrote:
You can just run back to previous rooms instead of using the portal at the end as it doesn't give much exp anyways, not even sure why it gives any exp.

Sometimes the rooms take to long to respawn, so you waste a ton of time standing there doing nothing. So you run two rooms side by side instead.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Then the time running between rooms is the cost of not having enough res/wepskill to do a higher rank instead.

Drink
Major
Major

LazyWarrior wrote:
Then the time running between rooms is the cost of not having enough res/wepskill to do a higher rank instead.

Speak for yourself!

I do FldMar + General cuz FldMars are too slow Razz

Drink
Major
Major

If we talking bout design, it could be changed to the below to make it easier but is that what they are going for?Razz
Maybe they want to make it delay you!

i know, my paint skills are amazing, they could be real portals.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Drink wrote:
LazyWarrior wrote:

Speak for yourself!

That is part of why I don't want to do this as well, only the fastest clearing classes in the game can even do that and don't need to be even better than they are already.

Drink
Major
Major

LazyWarrior wrote:
Drink wrote:
LazyWarrior wrote:

Speak for yourself!

That is part of why I don't want to do this as well, only the fastest clearing classes in the game can even do that and don't need to be even better than they are already.

Any class with high nuff stun can do it.
Necro can do it due to Pet speed

Prob only temps who cant, maybe warriors? but they may hit enough stun without SS gear on drugs.
its just a very very active playstyle instead of sit in a room and slap

Mayhem
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

My warrior can clear fdm under 1 minute per room. Putting the portals like this will give a pretty decent xp boost for every class with stun and it will encourage people to clear 2 rooms thus leaving less space for others.... So i don't think it's a good idea.

Greetings

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

The balance is good as is.

You should run whatever 2 ranks you can clear in 15 minutes for BOTH.
That gives you 2 chests cause they respawn in 15 minutes, and 2 exit scrolls, and 8 room scrolls every 15 minutes.

If you are not finishing 2 lines in 15 minutes you are too high for best EXP per minute.

If you are clearing 2 lines before 15 minutes and waiting on the chests you are too low...

Z