Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Two-Handed Sword 
Friendly
Private First Class
Private First Class

I was told that the two-handed sword skill is useless for everyone but Seyan'dus because axe is better. This seemed to be a consensus among those online. This is confusing because you start with a two-handed sword as a templar. I wasted all my experience raising my two-handed sword skill until I was a corporal and it slowed me down a bit. I think either templars should start with an axe or the two-handed sword should not be useless. What is the point of having it as an option if it's straight up worse than the axe? Why not change the seyan sword to a seyan axe and be done with it?

I think it would be better to make the two-handed sword not be useless.

Perhaps it doesn't get critical hits but it hits better normally.

Or maybe the surround hit is better.

Or maybe you can wear soulstoned two-handed swords even if you don't meet the requirements, but you won't get the benefit for skills you can't use.

Or perhaps it has some kind of power that builds up within it. For each monster you kill, you gain their rank number in two handed sword points. For every 1000 two handed sword points, you get a level of power. When you click on the sword, it activates and raises your two handed sword mod by one per level built up (up to some limit, maybe your rank.) Or maybe you could somehow choose the skill that it would raise when you click it. Maybe you could add soulstones to the sword and it would double the soulstone values.

I like the last idea because it sounds more fun trying to use that strategically. As far as I have seen, templars require very little strategy.