Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Toggle dispel good spells on self/bad spells on enemies 
Inappropriate
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Toggle option, like /dispelself that makes it so when people dispel themselves it prevents dispelling good spells from ourselves unless it is toggled on.

Similar toggle, /enemydispel, prevents dispelling bad spells.

The dispelself one came up when I dispelled someone else and they dispelled themselves and lost their bless by accident in memory lane.

Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

That's why people having Dispel, should dispel them self only, unless the others who has it, ask for it. I've dispelled my own dpots and stuff due to this, and hence I have a rule to those who team with me, should dispel them self if able to. And ask if not able to. Smile Those I know doesn't have dispel, will be dispelled, as they ain't able to do it them self.
And yes, the way dispel is set, is kind of annoying, as it always remove stun/curse first, and then it only can be used to drain mana from an enemy, as it won't be stunned or cursed, and recast bless till all mana is out. Hehe

-Sigtyr

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Prototype for revamped dispel.

This is a simplification is what is there now.
We can add more complexity if you like complex.

Determine if enemy of friend by using if (may_attack) enemy=1.

If enemy then can dispel good spells (in the order they were cast)
- Magic Shield
- Light (good and bad)
- Recall
- Protect
- Enhance
- Bless
- Harden
Have I missed any?

If friend then can dispel bad spells (in the order they were cast)
- Light (good and bad)
- Winpy (Guardian Angel)
- Stun
- Curse
- Warcry (War curse)
- Warcry2 (War stun)
- Weaken (Curse 2)
- Poison
- Blind
- Corrode
Have I missed any?

If none of the above were found then you can keep dispelling anything else on yourself only.

The chance if dispelling is based on the power of your spell and the power of the target spell, with some randomised stuff around that.
Also if you are not the target then their is a randomised power added to the target spell to make it harder to dispel.

Marky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I have seen potions go when trying to dispel an accidental light cast. Can that be placed below light/wimpy?

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

The sequence is of dispelling not determined by the skill number.
The list above is roughly in skill number order.

The sequence is determined by the order in which the spells were originally cast.

e.g.
Spells cast
0. Bless
1. Protect
2. Enhance

Stun cast
0. Bless
1. Protect
2. Enhance
3. Stun

Dispel cast
1. Protect
2. Enhance
3. Stun

Dispel cast
2. Enhance
3. Stun

Dispel cast
3. Stun

Note that it is relatively easy to perma-stun a character and dispel them.
We have the facility to reduce the time a stun casts each time is it cast upon itself. e.g. the 2nd stun could last 90% of the duration of the 1st and so on.
This god level command is live in the game but set to 100% due to player rage. It can be re-enacted again if useful and perma-stun becomes an issue, say to 90%.

I have not tested dispelling friendly or unfriendly potions.

====================================

I can not see where resistance comes into the calculations for whether the dispel works or not, unless I missed something.
It is Mod Dispel Power vs Mod Spell power with a few random mods around that.
Dispelling another character also has a higher chance of failure than dispelling yourself.

As far as I know the spell order has not changed in Aranock, at least since 2009.
Spells are dispelled in the order in which they are stored (which largely is the order cast unless changed by recasting out of order).
Certainly that is how it appears to work now on the testserver. In the Test version you are not able to dispel Stun or Curse from an enemy.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

All happy with these suggested changes to dispel or are you just waiting to see what happens when it goes live?

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Lordlava wrote:
All happy with these suggested changes to dispel or are you just waiting to see what happens when it goes live?

They seem to make since to me, but I don't think it will change my actual game play.

I never use the Stun/Dispel/Stun... combos. If I can stun it then C/C2/Poison/Blast/B2 kill it without casting a dispel.
If I am not allowed to stun it in the first place I usually just don't go anywhere near there as I am a weak Hara...

No Stun = No go

Z

Mayhem
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Dispelling another character also has a higher chance of failure than dispelling yourself

Maybe the chance is higher but atm you'll need less mod dispell to dispell someone else then yourself
104 mod dispell dispelled my 365 power spell in 2 tries. If you try to dispell yourself with 104 mod dispell and 365 power bless... your probably not even gonna remove it at all.. No matter how often you cast it

Drink
Major
Major

NoooooO!

This will put it back to original V2.
Which was VERY BROKEN.

Stun>Curse/C2/Stun/Dispel/Dispel/Dispel/Poke Templar to death.
By adding the additional changes you cant even remove curse from the enemy.

Basically right now i can do the above with no fail chance.
my 100mod dispel just removed 300+mod spells from lazy.

I would recommend putting Dispel back to how it originally was with the following changes.
Move Warcurse/NinjaCurse UP the dispel order so it comes off first (same as C/C2).

So if im a harakim trying to dispel myself i will dispel the bad spells before the good spells (no matter what order they are in).
Swap around the dispell failure chance from PLAYER TO PLAYER to PLAYER TO TARGET

Currently 100mod dispel I cannot dispel spells on myself (positive spells) with 300+ power (with 100dispell).
I should either be able to dispell myself easy (not counting curses etc).
OR
Might be easier to just make the resistance checks on dispel to Everyone, (self and enemy).
Got 300power Buffs or curses?
need like 220~~dispel atleast to try and get them off etccc.