Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 310 vs 310 / Dispel on Enemy / Warcurse order... 
Drink
Major
Major

Everything works of Mod not Power when comes to hit chance.

First!
Lets say 310 (max you can hit when rb2).
Example of WC.
if (power<ch[co].skill[SK_RESIST][5]) return 0;

310 WC can hit 310 Resist
310 Blind can hit 310 Resist
310 Curse II CANNOT hit 310 Resist

It seems Curse2 is <= instead of just <
Can this please be looked at, its only 1 mod but it still means u cannot land C2 with Max mods if the other player/NPC is maxed.
(Or possibly reduce Blind/Warcry to not hit equal values? changing < into <= )

Second: Dispel

If you have 330 Power bless on you and 220 mod dispel YOU cannot dispel YOURSELF(very high fail chance).
If an Enemy has 330 power bless and you have 100 mod dispel you can dispel them (almost every time).

Seems no resistance checks are done on casting dispells on enemies, yet trying to dispell yourself is stupid hard (i think somehow this got switched up??)
You would imagine dispelling yourself would be simple, and dispelling an enemy/target would require higher skill level.

Basically means a seyan with 10base dispell can dispell my 300 spells.
Am not kidding i had a necro with no bless, curse, curseII'd down to 104 dispel and he was able to remove my spells easy.

Third: Spell Order
Aranock has changed the spell order.
I dont know why Aranock hates casters soo much, but you can no longer Stun/Dispel/Stun etcc...
Spell order has been changed so Stun/Curse are FIRST PRIORITY even on an enemy.
This did not used to be the case, and you could remove (in order) the spells on the enemy.

This is fine... dont care, PVP is dead and not trying to balance around pvp.
However! Warcry is at the end of the list??
Can WarCurse be moved up the spell priority for dispel to the same as Curse??
Curse/Stun/Warcry/restofspells ??

Mayhem
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Yes dispell seems broken... I had 365 power bless and it got removed by his 104 mod in just 2 tries... Scared me

You would imagine dispelling yourself would be simple, and dispelling an enemy/target would require higher skill level

Couldn't agree more!

Greetings

MarshMallowMan
Corporal
Corporal

I agree that curse II should operate the same as the other spells.

however i disagree with Stun -> Dispell -> Stun being a bad removal. i have never experienced it, but that just sounds like the most horrible mechanic i can think of and i suspect it was modified because of that. You shouldn't be able to keep someone permanently stunned the entire fight and strip every spell off them. I would hate for something like that to be in the game.

I think they should look into having dispell remove power from spells instead. So for example if you have 200 mod dispell and someone has a 300 power curse on you, then casting dispell might reduce the curses power to 100. You would then have to weight casting dispell again, and they would have to weigh casting curse again. You could also adust its affect if its trying to remove a buff or debuff, maybe it only acts at 1/2 or 2/3 effectiveness against buffs? Basically iam trying to suggest a way that doesn't completely strip someone nude and also brings in decision making if something should be recast or not.

Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

You can still keep someone stun-locked and killed easy as AH. We have a GC. All that need to be done, is keep enemy stunned, walk behind, turn so GC is on enemy's back and tell it to attack. Weak point is back of enemies, let you do more damage.

-Sigtyr

Drink
Major
Major

MarshMallowMan wrote:
I agree that curse II should operate the same as the other spells.

however i disagree with Stun -> Dispell -> Stun being a bad removal. i have never experienced it, but that just sounds like the most horrible mechanic i can think of and i suspect it was modified because of that. You shouldn't be able to keep someone permanently stunned the entire fight and strip every spell off them. I would hate for something like that to be in the game.

I think they should look into having dispell remove power from spells instead. So for example if you have 200 mod dispell and someone has a 300 power curse on you, then casting dispell might reduce the curses power to 100. You would then have to weight casting dispell again, and they would have to weigh casting curse again. You could also adust its affect if its trying to remove a buff or debuff, maybe it only acts at 1/2 or 2/3 effectiveness against buffs? Basically iam trying to suggest a way that doesn't completely strip someone nude and also brings in decision making if something should be recast or not.

Main issue raised for Spell order is to move Warcry / Ninja Curse/ Blind (all negative effects) to the front of the dispel queue.

MarshMallowMan
Corporal
Corporal

Yes that should be fixed. It would be nice if they could post the current removal priority so it can be reviewed in case there are other issues as well.

Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Also if you let Curse 2 hit same mod as curse, make it half as strong compared to what it is now. It's kind of OP as it is now tho, letting you drop an enemy to same mod as his base or lower, only from casting a strong Curse 2. I'd say make it weaker in effect, like half of what Curse does. Makes Curse more useful again. Since Curse 2 hit alot of monsters, in just 1 cast, and cooldown on spell is kind of short, thinking of the strength it has when someone is affected from it.

-Sigtyr

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Drink wrote:
Everything works of Mod not Power when comes to hit chance.

310 WC can hit 310 Resist
310 Blind can hit 310 Resist
310 Curse II CANNOT hit 310 Resist

It seems Curse2 is <= instead of just <
Can this please be looked at, its only 1 mod but it still means u cannot land C2 with Max mods if the other player/NPC is maxed.
(Or possibly reduce Blind/Warcry to not hit equal values? changing < into <= )

This could explain why when I went to Lich with Nyan and my C2 hit everything first cast and then when I went with Reiko it did not. Nyan's WC had already smashed them down for my C2 to hit...

I could have possibly done a normal Curse on everything real fast then hit with the C2, but since my only other run in there on Hara was with Nyan and that strong WC I did not even consider I was going to need to cast regular Curse until it was too late.

It does seem to me the Hara C2 should be just as strong as the Temp WC Curse when it comes to landing.

Z

Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Uhhmmmm.... I've been there with several AT's, and they usually don't hit with WC before I've thrown curse. Unless they get to WC before they get hit from the curse in there, wich also tend to hit past 300 mod (as I was there as RB1). Still best to curse then curse 2 imo. And C2 is way to strong, considering it hitting that many enemies in 1 curse. Should been half the strength of normal curse.

-Sigtyr

Firelance
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Sigtyr wrote:
And C2 is way to strong, considering it hitting that many enemies in 1 curse. Should been half the strength of normal curse.

There would need to be some serious mana correction if it were to be tweaked down to have regular power. Even 70 would be expensive for junk lol

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Sigtyr wrote:
Uhhmmmm.... I've been there with several AT's, and they usually don't hit with WC before I've thrown curse. Unless they get to WC before they get hit from the curse in there, wich also tend to hit past 300 mod (as I was there as RB1). Still best to curse then curse 2 imo. And C2 is way to strong, considering it hitting that many enemies in 1 curse. Should been half the strength of normal curse.

-Sigtyr

I am still fairly certain Nyan had Landed a WC Before I popped down there.

If not the only other explanation I can think of is Maybe I was on a Dpot and had 310 mod C2 at the time.
The one thing I know for certain is that with Nyan my C2 hit everything first shot with no regular curse needed before...

Z

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Firelance wrote:
Sigtyr wrote:
And C2 is way to strong, considering it hitting that many enemies in 1 curse. Should been half the strength of normal curse.

There would need to be some serious mana correction if it were to be tweaked down to have regular power. Even 70 would be expensive for junk lol

Mana is not an issue for Hara. I literally cannot use mana for any sequence of spells faster than it regenerates unless I am just empty blasting out C2 with no hits and therefore no spell exhaustion.

Honestly, casting continuous spells I can't get below 90% mana...

Z

Firelance
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Zraaq wrote:
Firelance wrote:
Sigtyr wrote:

Mana is not an issue for Hara. I literally cannot use mana for any sequence of spells faster than it regenerates unless I am just empty blasting out C2 with no hits and therefore no spell exhaustion.

Honestly, casting continuous spells I can't get below 90% mana...

Z

There are indeed other classes that can utilize C2.. And cuting its power in half at 150 mana, effectively makes it useless for those classes (Seyan being one).

Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Seyan do also have Curse 1. So give em a slack on mana cost for cadting instead, if that's what you cry about. Laughing JK. But yes, maybe a time to give seyans a slack on casting a few offensive spells too. They're no longer the superior race, so why the high cost on top of it all????

Anarchy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

How does a RB2 seyan stack up? Ive not had much experience with Seyans, so Im a little uneducated regarding them.