Reply to topic

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

[quote="Mayhem"]

What would solve this problem is either:
- Let no-one see other people's time .. or
- Everyone can see a champs time after they finished

This way there will be no advantage/disadvantage to any1 and Drink will still end up getting all the swords... wouldnt that make everyone happy? Razz

Greetings!

Or we could be more creative with the competitions.

- 48 hour IRL time see who gets most EXP. NO HELP (Clock doesn't stop when you get offline to wait for Inn chests. Rolling Eyes )
- Ironman, no help, no deaths until Warlord and see how much rushing early poles and labs actually HURTS your character.

I'm certain there is a format we have not tried that would remove the strategies that have been employed so far.

And AGAIN, I will repeat myself... I think this is all mute because Drink has all the prizes he needs to complete his set of one of each and probably will not be competing as much if at all in the future. This is the natural course of these types of competitions.

The Only reason he got a couple of extra prizes is because the Overall winner also gets the Class winner prize. As I said earlier if the "Overall" winner was set as a separate category and you declare you are going for that from the beginning and you can't have the Class prize as well, then you wouldn't stack up EXTRA (not needed or wanted) class prizes. Even if you don't declare you are going for the Overall prize you should only get one and then you must choose if it will go onto your Alt or keep it on the champ char.

Personally I will keep attempting for the "Big" prize to give one to Z and one to Tamino, but I would not need a bunch of other class prizes along the way like Drink got. Just not awarding 2 prizes for 1 overall winner will create more equity.

Z

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

I plan to have times shown on all further champqs since its so easy to get around it being hidden.
No plan to limit people on how many times they can win, if you're not fast enough to win you don't get one, theres several races available to win each champq that aren't taken if u can't beat someone elses time.

Akephalos
Corporal
Corporal

LazyWarrior wrote:
I plan to have times shown on all further champqs since its so easy to get around it being hidden.
No plan to limit people on how many times they can win, if you're not fast enough to win you don't get one, theres several races available to win each champq that aren't taken if u can't beat someone elses time.

So just don't play in Champ Quests is the answer. Easy enough. Thanks for at least telling us you have no plans to address the issues others have brought up.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Akephalos wrote:
LazyWarrior wrote:

So just don't play in Champ Quests is the answer. Easy enough. Thanks for at least telling us you have no plans to address the issues others have brought up.

I've already said I plan to adjust the issue that the main post is about but, as for the other issues about people not being able to enter if they already have a champ wep, yea if you're not willing to actually try and compete then don't enter, ChampQ isnt intended to be a free win, I'm not going to tell the only people who are willing to try at the quest they cant enter just because they already have champ weps or something similar.
I do have plans to adjust things about the quest, but I'm not going to stop people from entering just so others can have no competition, I would consider that to be creating a far bigger issue than its fixing.

Ketchup
Corporal
Corporal

Lol i dunno about you but to me a race is a race. May the fastest win. If you dont have what it takes then you dont get a prize? It sounds like you were hoping it would be a grade 2 foot race and all participants get a ribbon for trying.... lol.

Mayhem
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Sounds good to me

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

The website lists have been changed to stop showing players in a Champion Quest, if the Show Time flag is Off.

Note that the last Champ Quest only appears to have had 4 Champions (Temp, Sorc, AT, AH).

No Champions completed the quest for Hara, Merc, Warr or Seyan.
If anyone had completed the quest in any time then they would have won it.

The other races (Necro and Ninja) were probably too hard too attempt.

The aim of the Champ Quest is to have a bit of fun.
Better and more experience players are more likely to win in any sort of competition.
However, practice and watching the publicly available list information (who is doing it in what race) may also provide some guidance.

Last edited by Lordlava on Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Drink wrote:
I threw away noble characters to remake champion characters because Lava didnt want to 'give them to alts'.
Then a 'soulstone system' was coming where your main got reset to the newbie template, which never ended up happening.

Oh you hurt my heart.

The soulstone system is in and active on the main server.

I just need to devise a quest and test it very thoroughly on live people to make sure it does not have unintended consequences.

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

What is a soulstone reset? There are two main issues. 1 - The same person usually gets the alt champ weapon because they know they system and know how to set record times. Not their fault and not complaining, it’s just the nature of the game. If I don’t plan on having more characters then I have no reason to make new alts in trying to set the best time just to get an alt weapon when it’s inevitable I probably won’t win anyways. 2. Making an alt for a champ weapon is fine, I don’t mind trying to make an alt and if I beat the time of others than I get to win.

My argument would be to remove alt champ weapons completely. If you don’t win the quest, you don’t get the weapon for an alt. Or limit the overall winner
and allow others to compete.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

The soulstone reset allows a player to become a private again temporarily. Like going Seyan except that the process is reversible.

A theme for this would be allow a WL Seyan to become a private and compete again for the Champ Quest and hence an old character could obtain the Champ Reward.
Other themes could also be created if this works.

The mechanism is that when you use the stone, it copies all your data and stores it.
You now become a private and start over again.
When you have had enough you use the soulstone again and it merges the two data sets.

The code is written and now in use.
However, it has never been tested on a live player and never been tested to look for the exploits.
=================================

I tend to agree that only Champs should be able to use a Champ Weapon and not be able to be given to Alts.
It was an experiment that was worth trying to generate interest.

Stay tuned, more experiments are being planned.... (*evil grin*).

Drink
Major
Major

xclusive wrote:

My argument would be to remove alt champ weapons completely. If you don’t win the quest, you don’t get the weapon for an alt. Or limit the overall winner

Agree with this, the give to alt thing was suppose to be a rare thing I thought, yet its been last two.
Make champ, lvl champ!

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Drink wrote:
xclusive wrote:

Agree with this, the give to alt thing was suppose to be a rare thing I thought, yet its been last two.
Make champ, lvl champ!

Easy for you to say now that you have the Alt weapons you want.

To take that opportunity away from all others at this point really would make it completely biased toward a single player.
(Unless you take those weapons away from the 1 player as well.)

If you bring it out a couple times and 1 player gets them, then you make it Ultra rare again it would be Obvious favoritism toward the 1 player...
Then you will have even those of us that have not been complaining thus far hopping mad and ranting...

Z

Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Well, still no one have told me how to set up this math, OR what program used to see it.

-Sigtyr

Drink
Major
Major

Zraaq wrote:
Drink wrote:
xclusive wrote:

Make champ, lvl champ!

Easy for you to say now that you have the Alt weapons you want.

To take that opportunity away from all others at this point really would make it completely biased toward a single player.
(Unless you take those weapons away from the 1 player as well.)

If you bring it out a couple times and 1 player gets them, then you make it Ultra rare again it would be Obvious favoritism toward the 1 player...
Then you will have even those of us that have not been complaining thus far hopping mad and ranting...

Z

People still have Divinity armor/Stability armor in the game.
People have +7/+8 Godly Gods.
These have been removed, wheres the chance for people to get them?

Don't mind it being in game, just shouldn't be every quest imo.

Sigtyr wrote:
Well, still no one have told me how to set up this math, OR what program used to see it.

Sig 3rd post tells you how to do it.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Sig, if you are referring to how to calculate the times, hopefully this has been removed from the website for champ players in an active champ quest.

We will need to confirm this when the next champ quest happens.