Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 How to check times used in labs etc. 
Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

I've been asking Speller, how he can check exact times on people, for when doing labs, and eventually where to get such program, so I can see times of peoples too during Champ Quests, and know what times I have to beat too. Not fair when we all can't do the same, and get to know the exact times of others that's completing it. He won't tell, so I'll ask here.
Anyone know how to do it?

-Sigtyr

Elina
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sigtyr wrote:
I've been asking Speller, how he can check exact times on people, for when doing labs, and eventually where to get such program, so I can see times of peoples too during Champ Quests, and know what times I have to beat too. Not fair when we all can't do the same, and get to know the exact times of others that's completing it. He won't tell, so I'll ask here.

-Sigtyr

Good question/topic as it gives others a disadvantage in competing.
 Re: How to check times used in labs etc. 
Drink
Major
Major

Elina wrote:
Sigtyr wrote:

-Sigtyr

Good question/topic as it gives others a disadvantage in competing.

As ive said many many times in the game..
XTOP
CHAMPQ

Use Math...
BASIC DIVIDE ......

Im sorry me knowing it took you 26hours gave me super powers to finish in 13.
if i never knew i might of taken 14...

its a Timed/Champion Quest.
Not a participation quest.

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

He has it down to a science. That’s why I won’t do Champ Quest because no one can get first. Not complaining or hating, just no other way to get champ weapon for alt, so not worth wasting the time.

Elina
Private First Class
Private First Class

The fact that you know that knowledge about other champs times is pure bullshit and unjust, unfair and a disadvantage. yeah it took me 26 hrs, I have never done CQ before and btw just came back to play in Feb. after a 6 year absence.

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Elina wrote:
The fact that you know that knowledge about other champs times is pure bullshit and unjust, unfair and a disadvantage. yeah it took me 26 hrs, I have never done CQ before and btw just came back to play in Feb. after a 6 year absence.

Truth is I told him about the Xtop and totals in the CQ to do the math during the last CQ. Pretty sure he wasn't tracking it exactly before then, and he was already wining by a large margin in previous CQs.

I really don't think figuring out other players times is what makes him a Champion at this type of speed competition.

It did however make him go back and make a new (faster) char when I had one close to him last time... Razz

Z

Mayhem
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

My suggestion:

Limit the amount of champ weapons per ip address to 1 or 2 starting from next champ quest
The people who already have 1 or 2 or more champ weapons can keep them but will be excluded from the upcoming champ quests.
This way more people will have a fair chance obtaining a champ weapon.
There is no way you can be faster, if you participate for the first time, then someone who already has the experience doing 5-10 previous champ quests
Cause as it stands right now.... All the champ weapons will very likely end up with the same few persons.

Greetings

Elina
Private First Class
Private First Class

Mayhem wrote:
My suggestion:

Limit the amount of champ weapons per ip address to 1 or 2 starting from next champ quest
The people who already have 1 or 2 or more champ weapons can keep them but will be excluded from the upcoming champ quests.
There is no way you can be faster, if you participate for the first time, then someone who already has the experience doing 5-10 previous champ quests
Cause as it stands right now.... All the champ weapons will very likely end up with the same few persons.

Greetings

Agreed

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Mayhem wrote:
My suggestion:

Greetings

As I said on the discord room, I think a rule limiting 1 Champ Weapon per class would be a great rule, but probably not needed. It is a self fulfilling rule because once you have a Champ weapon of a certain type and build that character to a Very high level you are Probably not going to waste the time to try and get that weapon or build that type of character ever again. For example; Now that I have my first AT Champ I will get his TH Axe and max out that char like all my characters. I will not waste time getting another TH Axe...

I would say that IF there is a rule it should be a limit of 1 of each weapon type as some players are "completionists" and will never stop playing until they have Max/Best of every class. Why would you take that opportunity away from such committed players?

Finally, I would NEVER make it a rule that you can not win the first prize of getting an extra Champ weapon for your other characters. We ALL came back to this game and started our mains and built them up as we wanted Before we realized there was a Champ quest. Some of us built 2 fully maxed RB2 Warlords before it was possible to win a Champ weapon for them...

WE ALL HAVE AT LEAST 1 CHARACTER THAT WE WOULD GIVE A CHAMP WEAPON TO!!!

I would Never limit your attempts on that prize. Maybe make it in a category all to itself that if you declare you are going for that prize you can not win the class weapon or any other prize on that char? So a person could go for that as many times as needed without ending up with an army of Champ characters that are not even needed and prevent others from winning that class???

Z

Drink
Major
Major

Seems like a jab from people who dont want to put the time in to practice for these events.
as Zraaq said, everyone wants one.

I threw away noble characters to remake champion characters because Lava didnt want to 'give them to alts'.
Then a 'soulstone system' was coming where your main got reset to the newbie template, which never ended up happening.

Mayhems bit on

They are not items sold by a vendor, you need to race for them, think of POE Races only the top get the items.
Will i ever win one of those? No.
Why is everyone wanting these to be participation awards.

Basically don't try and still get the item.

IMO sounds like you should just put them on vendors.

People cant compete in their first one?
You can make practice characters WHENEVER, you do not need to wait for a champion quest to practice.
Start a fresh character and run labs / do castle quests / practice penting (Yes, if you want to optimize speed learn to pent).

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Add to vendor - 1 million gold.

Gambit
Captain
Captain

Elina wrote:

Frankly, there will be other champ quests which you will then apply the knowledge gained from this one to the successor. That is called 'learning', so someone (Drink) who has spent years doing exactly that is of course going to be advantaged to win. Instead of throwing a tantrum, really it is very hard for me to characterize this as anything else, you should be planning and plotting future runs based on what you have learned. I highly doubt with this level of argumentation that the staff will entertain changes to what is supposed to be a competitive and prestigious event, but who knows.

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

If people are allowed to complain about stats and nerfing characters, it’s only fair we complain about not getting Champ Weapons.

Mayhem
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I think Elina makes a valid point tho Gambit...
You talk about learning... Yes you'll need practice to level fast but not everyone has knowledge about the code of the game or how to read it and get data out of it which is not even published yet (I'm not even sure if this is what he does cause it all still sounds abracadabra to me tbh.. But the fact is that some can see the times of all the other competitors compared to their own)
The fastest person get 2 weapons.. Also a weapon of choice.
If you have 2 people competing and 1 of those can see the time of the other.. Then that person knows that they'll have to be faster and will probably make another character just to beat the other... While the other person is waiting for champ quest to end completely oblivious to their time compared to others. End result is.. 1 person(with knowledge about others people's time) gets 2 weapons and the person who can't see the other competitors time gets none.
You think that's fair? Cause I dont

Mayhem
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Instead of throwing a tantrum, really it is very hard for me to characterize this as anything else

You think it helps having Drink saying stuff like:
Im sorry me knowing it took you 26hours gave me super powers to finish in 13.
if i never knew i might of taken 14...

I can see why this pissed off Elina.. Drink is clearly mocking her.

IMO sounds like you should just put them on vendors.

Comon Drink really? If this is how your gonna respond to ideas and suggestion then ill stay away from this topic if you dont mind.

What would solve this problem is either:
- Let no-one see other people's time .. or
- Everyone can see a champs time after they finished

This way there will be no advantage/disadvantage to any1 and Drink will still end up getting all the swords... wouldnt that make everyone happy? Razz

Greetings!