Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Should pents be changed to encourage more penters at the same time?
Yes, there should be something done.
92%
 92%  [ 23 ]
Leave pents alone!
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Lordlava wrote:
Pentbonus added to give hp/end/mana.

The amount available to be given can be changed dynamically in game using the /pentbonus command.

It is currently set to +10 but this will be review up or down or stay the same over time.

I haven't tried it yet so is the bonus for everyone who has touched a pent or only for the solver? If it is for everyone then thats fine but if it is for the solver only I would like to suggest that the minimum Mana refresh be 65 (to cast bless pro enhance) since this change will not affect anyone except templars it does allow them to stay another 10 minutes if they do solve. Mana is a big issue for us early on.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

It is only for the solver.

I have deliberately set it low to find the lowest natural position.
It is much easier to increase it that face the rage if I dared to decrease it.

Try penting and let me know, especially temps and ATs.

If you solve every 10 mins then +10 is probably a tad low.
If you solve every 2 minutes then +10 is a bit high.

It is changeable via a command so it is quick and easy to adjust.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Lordlava wrote:
It is only for the solver.

I have deliberately set it low to find the lowest natural position.
It is much easier to increase it that face the rage if I dared to decrease it.

Try penting and let me know, especially temps and ATs.

If you solve every 10 mins then +10 is probably a tad low.
If you solve every 2 minutes then +10 is a bit high.

It is changeable via a command so it is quick and easy to adjust.

No templar solves every 2 minutes anywhere... Nor is it really useful for templars in mid ranks as they have a staff for passive med. I hope this feature doesn't detract from the real topic at hand.

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

True. Templars get permanent flasks until 1st lt which is nice and allows them to carry mana pots and staff comes later. Templars do need an offensive skill/spell. As far as mana refresh id say 15 mana is good enough on solves. Lets you cast a recall or top off a spell

Jaigur
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks for the bonus on solve! Will this draw more people to pents?

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Jaigur wrote:
Thanks for the bonus on solve! Will this draw more people to pents?

Mana? No... It is a convenience feature that will only appeal to one class really. And actually it is the only class you don't want in pents as everyone else will cringe due to slow speed.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Is this Hp/End/Mana solve boost added?

If so, what is the command to change the points given out at solve (to allocate them).

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Labfiveonly wrote:
Is this Hp/End/Mana solve boost added?

If so, what is the command to change the points given out at solve (to allocate them).

Oh I see what you meant now. You dont get hp end and mana like you would by raising the Stat or using an hp scroll. You just get healed for 10hp and get 10 end and mana restored. I don't think anyone is going to really notice it

Sanchez
Private First Class
Private First Class

How about for every person in pents a % bonus exp will be applied to everyone regardless of who solves but the solver will still get more exp. Not sure how the % will be applied to every person in pents to make it scale balance wise for grolms to iceys-UW pents but currently the top 5 pents in lt cols gargs net me 13k exp without solve and when i solve it'll net me between 16-20k exp

So my suggestion is for 1 person penting make the pent bonus a little lower than what it is currently so if i'm getting 16-20k per solve make it so i get 15-16k and if 2 people are in pents then if i solve i'll get 17-19k, if three people in pents when i solve i get 18-20k etc. The more people in pent the better the exp and for the others who didn't solve, they still get an added % bonus because of the number of people in pents.

So for argument sake let's say in the current pent system - Person A's top 5 pents net him 15k and 20k on solve, person B's top 5 pents net him 20k and 25k on solve and Person C's top 5 pents net him 30k and 35k on solve. In the new system I'm suggesting if Person A,B and C are all in pents and Person B solves he'll get 25-27k exp(with the new % exp bonus the initial one person solve bonus is reduced however because there are 3 people in pents the exp he gets now will be greater than the current pent bonus system) Person A and C will both also get a % pent bonus for contributing to the solve therefore Person A now gets 16k-18k instead of 15k and Person C gets 32-34k instead of 30k.

We should cap the % bonus to a maximum of 5 people(just as an example). I hope people don't confuse this as saying the bonus only applies to 5 people it just means it doesn't matter if there are 6 or 10 people in pents, everyone in pents will get the % bonus but the bonus is capped at the 5 people limit so that things don't go out of hand when there are 20+ people in pents and the bonus scales like crazy

Not sure if i explained myself clearly but the goal here is that you get more exp in the new system with more people in pents rather than penting alone. People will actually pent with others to get higher % bonus exp even though if they don't solve, they'll net more exp for as many people in pents. This new system promotes more player interaction and maybe solve(pun intended) the pent issue?

Thoughts? good idea bad idea? Rolling Eyes