Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Should pents be changed to encourage more penters at the same time?
Yes, there should be something done.
92%
 92%  [ 23 ]
Leave pents alone!
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Rizpah
Corporal
Corporal

In an attempt to be less confusing, my statement about those companies was about their QA. They keep balance in mind with every change they make and test it. Even with a change to pents balance needs to be considered.

I was not stating I want a change only to templars and I can see how it could be taken that way, my point was that I'd rather see no change than one where even 1 class did not benefit.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Rizpah wrote:
In an attempt to be less confusing, my statement about those companies was about their QA. They keep balance in mind with every change they make and test it. Even with a change to pents balance needs to be considered.

I was not stating I want a change only to templars and I can see how it could be taken that way, my point was that I'd rather see no change than one where even 1 class did not benefit.

That is a pretty poor way of seeing things as the balance in this game is non-existent which means that any and all features will favor some more than others. So we should just stay with original v2 then? You can't hit the mark 100% thats why the nerf bat is swung all around in other games. No change here.

Rizpah
Corporal
Corporal

You're right Asmodeus. Only your opinion on everything matters.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Rizpah wrote:
You're right Asmodeus. Only your opinion on everything matters.

10/10

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

This will not positively or negatively impact templars any more than any other races, The problem with templars is the dev team has continually ignored not only my ideas, but EVERY idea to buff templars, with a statement along the lines of 'nobody plays templars anyway'

I say take away solve bonus xp entirely, just make the solver get 100% replenish on hp/end/mana, the clan plat bonus.
Instead of a solve xp bonus, every pent after 5 just adds 50% of it's normal exp

eg. You touch 10 pents worth 2k each, you get 2k for the first 5, then 1k for the other 5.

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Cloun wrote:
This will not positively or negatively impact templars any more than any other races, The problem with templars is the dev team has continually ignored not only my ideas, but EVERY idea to buff templars, with a statement along the lines of 'nobody plays templars anyway'

I say take away solve bonus xp entirely, just make the solver get 100% replenish on hp/end/mana, the clan plat bonus.
Instead of a solve xp bonus, every pent after 5 just adds 50% of it's normal exp

eg. You touch 10 pents worth 2k each, you get 2k for the first 5, then 1k for the other 5.

Who took out the replenish on solve anyway? I specifically remember getting mana on solves long ago.
Its a shame that the most played race which is templar rarely has people take them to nobility and gets ignored for other races.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Don't remember having replenish on this server but to be honest I probably wouldn't notice.

The change to pents is more and more necessary as now there is a reason to get to warlord and we are seeing more and more players in pents. There is a lot of frustration attached to not solving for a lot of players. It significantly reduces your exp rates and promotes negative attitudes.

More so, 15 out of 16 players in poll have responded positively to a change in pents. Would be nice if LL can take that a sign of the community's desire/need.

Also Cloun, I have been posting suggestions for the past ~10 years lol. It is insane how it seems people dont even register templar changes. Would be nice if LL replied on at least one of those topics.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Other races secretly hate Tincans Sad

Malachai
Corporal
Corporal

What if each rank division inside pents had its own solve count, instead of a single global one? It would kinda defeat the original purpose of pents which probably was a multiplayer-oriented quest, but it would let everyone pent at their own pace without hindering the rest.

Sounds like a last resort idea tbh.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Kane:
I specifically remember getting mana on solves long ago.

I can not say that I recall this but I wonder why they removed it.
It sounds like a good idea.

So long as the rage does not happen that it discourages multiple players in the pents at the same time or that it favours Temps over other races.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Malachai wrote:
What if each rank division inside pents had its own solve count, instead of a single global one? It would kinda defeat the original purpose of pents which probably was a multiplayer-oriented quest, but it would let everyone pent at their own pace without hindering the rest.

Astonia had that I believe, each area had it's own solve, although each area was 4 progressive levels eg; level 7-8-9-10.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Labfiveonly wrote:
Malachai wrote:

Astonia had that I believe, each area had it's own solve, although each area was 4 progressive levels eg; level 7-8-9-10.

Definitely a partial fix to the issues. Would help high ranks in ice/UW. Might have to reduce the pent per player if multiple people are in the same area though. I like the idea. Not as much as everyone gets solve bonus on solve but still a pretty cool thing. Don't know how easy it is to implement.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Asmodeus wrote:
Labfiveonly wrote:
Malachai wrote:

Definitely a partial fix to the issues. Would help high ranks in ice/UW. Might have to reduce the pent per player if multiple people are in the same area though. I like the idea. Not as much as everyone gets solve bonus on solve but still a pretty cool thing. Don't know how easy it is to implement.

Well, It's pretty do able I believe, if, each pent has a tag name value, like "EP1", "EP2", etc... (I am going basic here and I am going for "Earth Pent #") or how ever they named them, they can just add the code function chunk that works on "solve" to a property that contains a chunk of code with designated names to that area.

They would basically have to separate each area to a solve function, if that area receives the designated amount of pents (depending on the players)it will solve just that area, and not be a "global" solve like the one we currently have.

That way if I am penting alone in UW because I am a super fast tincan destroyer of Golems, I could do go super happy about it because each solve pretty much depends on how fast I would be penting and not worry about another tincan penting uber slow in some other far away area.

Ketchup
Corporal
Corporal

I agree pents should get some type of change. Whenever I feel like doing work in pents I log in and see/ask if someone is in pents. If there is, I log and play league for a while. As of the rebirth update thats been pretty much every time ; p. This means if im doing that chances are others are as well. That doesnt seem like something that promotes multiple active players...it never used to be a problem when there were 2-3 ppl on but now that we have 6-10+ players online it might be worth looking at. Just sayin ; p.
Also I realize that back in the old days having 50 ppl online and 10 ppl in pents at a time was common and it was managable but we have such a small player base now we should encourage people to log more and not just to see if 1 person is in pents.... or all the work being done on rb and updates would be for nothing when everyone quits again... thats my 2 cents anyways.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Pentbonus added to give hp/end/mana.

The amount available to be given can be changed dynamically in game using the /pentbonus command.

It is currently set to +10 but this will be review up or down or stay the same over time.