Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Should pents be changed to encourage more penters at the same time?
Yes, there should be something done.
92%
 92%  [ 23 ]
Leave pents alone!
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Pents 
Jaigur
Corporal
Corporal

There should be a reward for more people penting at the same time. Currently, if there is already someone in pents I usually avoid them... Maybe change the algorithm so the more people in pents, the less pents are needed to solve? If I can remember correctly pent solve used to be in the 50's or something. Penting was awesome when there were 10-15 people in there, they would solve so rapidly especially on gmoon but stunk when there were only you penting... It really encouraged others to join pents.

Maybe change it to something like..
1-2 people - leave the same.
3-4 people = 5-6 max pent solve per person, so 15-18 if there are only 3 people in pents
5-6 people = 4-5 max per person, etc...

Maybe other suggestions?

Motoko
Major General
Major General

There really isn't any issue with multiple people penting unless one is either very slow because they are overpenting (Penting above their rank or in an area where they shouldnt be because their character was raised wrong/etc) or if someone is essentially afk penting (not paying attention, watching tv, etc).

Other than that I think they're fine, and my opinion is it's too easy to rank up as is, so I would be against making them solve easier.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Imo this does need to be fixed, as is there is almost no reason to even pent if someone is in there(and penting is like 90% of the game... no reason to play 90% of the game because ur not the only person online...?)

I don't see how you can say there isn't much of an issue with multiple people penting, on average EVERYONE in pents will be gaining significantly less exp/h than they would solo(and in the situation where 1 is going much slower it's even worse)

I think there should just be no solve exp bonus, and raise all of the pents exp up to match what it was before (EDIT: Did some math, every pent would be 1.684x what it previously was, and that would keep solo penting the same) and just leave solve bonus for getting platinum. This will only make people pent ~5-10% faster with people due to slightly lower pent counts(zero effect if solo), but it will actually make people play the game when they're not the only person online which is pretty rare to happen.
So this would pretty much reward people for being online at the same time, something the game currently punishes players for.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

People are bad at sharing and having a lower level in pents with you is sometimes irritating. One because pents slow down but also because if you dont get the solve you are out 40k while they gain a fraction of that. Overall putting solve exp bonus away is a great idea.

+1

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

I wouldn't even mind if pent count was made so each player adds 6-11 pents(what it currently does solo, currently being multiple people lowers the count slightly) along with removing solve bonus, that way you don't go faster when multiple people pent, I just don't want to be punished for playing while other people are online.
Of course I would prefer if the count still went slightly down as it does, as rewarding multiple people for penting at the same time would be good for the game I think(more people playing at the same time).

EDIT:
Motoko wrote:
There really isn't any issue with multiple people penting unless one is either very slow because they are overpenting (Penting above their rank or in an area where they shouldnt be because their character was raised wrong/etc) or if someone is essentially afk penting (not paying attention, watching tv, etc).

This is actualy a very real issue that happens almost every time people pent together, races pent at vastly different speeds comparing caster to melee, geared/ungeared, how well they were raised, what rank they are. It was part of the reason I completely stopped playing my harakim, because if I ever had to duo pent, my exp/h would pretty much drop in half. And even if they could(which half the races cant) keep up with a harakim's penting speed, we still both got worse exp/h than penting solo.

Jaigur
Corporal
Corporal

I like the idea of building the pent solve bonus into the pents you regularly get. This would defiantly solve some frustration. I think it would also aid in wanting to pent while others are currently penting, since there wouldn't be such a drawback if you didn't get the solve bonus after hard getting 16 out of the 20 pents.

Jaigur
Corporal
Corporal

I also need to add that I am very happy the pent count does incorporate the number of people in pents - so thank you for doing that who ever did!

Rizpah
Corporal
Corporal

I agree with lazy and his idea. Just as a measure solo I was at about 900k-1mil/hr penting solo when someone joined it was in the range of 6-700k/hr. Is it more difficult with more people no but I dislike penting and even more so when I have to stay longer.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

I think that fixing the features that actually push people away from active gaming is a must.

Motoko has consistently tried to make this game harder and while the endeavor may be worthwhile, the means is not. What your posts have shown is not an understanding of the issues but a complete disregard for them. When the first question asked on log for certain players is "anyone in pents?" followed by a log off when the answer is yes, there is a problem.

This game requires some love and some reduction of tedious activities. Obviously this game is dated, we see less and less people log in everyday. Let's make sure that the things that prevent them from logging on are not fixed.

There has always been a significant issue with penting balance. Either it is too fast or too slow. No one is ever happy. That does not mean that status quo should be preserved.

I love this idea!

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

LL is there any chance of one of these changes being made?
Something needs to be done to pents to make them more friendly to multiple people, as is between people dieing in pents, slow penters, people leaving you with high solves(all of these happen quite often) I often end up gaining half the exp/h I could be getting if I were solo(even if none of these happen, you still gain maybe 80% of the exp/h of solo), and its making me question if i should even try to raise my character when I'm more or less wasting drugs half the time.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

LazyWarrior wrote:
LL is there any chance of one of these changes being made?
Something needs to be done to pents to make them more friendly to multiple people, as is between people dieing in pents, slow penters, people leaving you with high solves(all of these happen quite often) I often end up gaining half the exp/h I could be getting if I were solo(even if none of these happen, you still gain maybe 80% of the exp/h of solo), and its making me question if i should even try to raise my character when I'm more or less wasting drugs half the time.

Don't forget that all this frustration leads people to stop playing actively or at all!

Malachai
Corporal
Corporal

What if the experience given on solve wasn't limited to the highest 5 pents a player got?

My idea was something like this: Each pent when activated would add around 60% of its value to the player's solve exp. This percentage would increase by 10% per player in pents. This way you also get more exp for doing 11 solves vs 6 solves when solo (more work/more reward). Also keep the bonus exp for solver.
Of course this was thought on the fly so I don't know how effective/balanced it would actually be.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Malachai wrote:
What if the experience given on solve wasn't limited to the highest 5 pents a player got?

My idea was something like this: Each pent when activated would add around 60% of its value to the player's solve exp. This percentage would increase by 10% per player in pents. This way you also get more exp for doing 11 solves vs 6 solves when solo (more work/more reward). Also keep the bonus exp for solver.
Of course this was thought on the fly so I don't know how effective/balanced it would actually be.

That only fixes the issue of getting bad exp when there are long solves, having more people u still get reduced exp because of how big a portion of exp the solves bonuses are.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

I have no problems drinking a gpot and then join someone in pents.
But the sad truth is, that someone who's been solo-penting for 2hours usually recall once their drug is running out.

lmao when someone joins me, i mean the exp/h drops so much my subconscious mind tells me not to waste another gpot. I just recall and do something else :/

To me, this is just another step to incite more and more players to log in and coop.

I liked the idea with the bonus exp on your first solves of the day too! Let's also give them a reason to log everyday. (like most mobile games, daily quests)
ref: http://aranock.forumotion.net/t3714-daily-exploration-pole-solves

There were like 12 players at one point yesterday. The more we are, the more stuff happens in the streets (trades, pvp, purple.)
I'm not saying we should give every penters the solve bonus, but we might need to do something with pents.
Hope this explains my vote.

Botar
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I think the solution is to just let people get the experience for all the pents they touch each solve. Then, if someone else joins, you're still getting the experience from your pents, even if you happen to miss the solve experience it isn't really much of a hit.