Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 warlord rebirth 
Asmodeus
Major
Major

Please add the retain crafting skill and no need to relearn skills as previously discussed.

And again you have no understanding of this game and it shows. Will int for spellcasters is a fluff stat until much later on. Spellcasters require many more skills to be leveled up than warriors/temp. Can you please, add a feature that your players want instead?

Sorry but this announcement is underwhelming. Thanks for the work regardless... I will try it out but getting really annoyed with the community not being listened too.

Good work nonetheless.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Sorry i forgot to mention that you keep crafting skill mod, and you start with 1 base of your arch skills. I will add that to the post.
Spellcasters requiring much more to level and so easily reaching some of their caps(and not getting benefits) is why we added spellpower, this will give them what is basicly +5-10 to spells through the early to mid ranks.
edit: as for fighters, they have low spell bases and will recieve their +10 much sooner, ontop of the slight spellpower boost they get, and they will get their weapon skills sooner than normal.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

You added spell power to every race essentially keeping status quo at how disadvantaged spellcasters are early on. Why not add something beneficial just for spellcasters. Or make the spell bonus spell caster only.

The reason I was against this spell bonus idea was specifically that with new mods and stats, seyans and warriors will be able to break the stun barrier much more easily which yet gives another substantial advantage to them as opposed to spellcasters.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

I personally don't agree spellcasters are disadvantaged early on, also they will naturally get higher mods resulting in higher spellpower bonuses.
edit: also without spellpower bonuses there is pretty much zero reason to rebirth any spellcaster unless you're against using SS because of how easy it is to get pretty much any of their stats to 300.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

I really think that when players suggest something in mass, it is because there is a reason.

I have consistently shown that stats would require a lot more grind to hit new max even with reduced difficulty. Now we will just find ourselves with 2-3 extra millions to max a skill now as opposed to before. So right now we are looking at AH maxing out at what? 160-200M? Somewhat savage.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

LazyWarrior wrote:
I personally don't agree spellcasters are disadvantaged early on, also they will naturally get higher mods resulting in higher spellpower bonuses.
edit: also without spellpower bonuses there is pretty much zero reason to rebirth any spellcaster unless you're against using SS because of how easy it is to get pretty much any of their stats to 300.

You are 100% right but why give warriors and seyans extra spell bonus then? Just the 13-15mod they get is pretty good no? Just remember all this is decided over the concern of balance. Keep in mind emerald and steel are terrible for SS. Give us a tit worthy alternative for SS'ing our gear and then we are talking. No point in having SS steel gear when someone can just stun/heal you until they break.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Steel and emerald might be bad for SS, but spellcasters get 2 free SS slots that do not age, something no other races gets.
As for all races getting spellpower instead of just some, i'd rather given them all the same thing.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

LazyWarrior wrote:
Steel and emerald might be bad for SS, but spellcasters get 2 free SS slots that do not age, something no other races gets.
As for all races getting spellpower instead of just some, i'd rather given them all the same thing.

Thats fine but that just means spellcasters will remain on the lower part of competitive activities and balance.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Sigh.

Asmodeus, spellcasters have a much easier time in this game than melee.

Sorceror is probably the strongest class, without any SS they can ice/uw pent, at high rates.

Hara only lacks a little resistance but otherwise is basically as strong, and kills faster, and is better at lower ranks than a merc.

So basically hara is the best class up until say, Major (Where a merc arches to sorc) and may be better for a little while after that even, because a fresh sorc isn't very strong, nor is a fresh warrior. A seyan at low rank is terrible, and templars are decent at low ranks, but not better than hara.

After that, sorc is better in most regards, but hara still has some advantages (Dispel, a GC for taking damage, blast 2)

However, both are still better than AT/Warrior.

Seyan requires a lot of SS to be viable and they're weak at lower ranks, as does warrior (also weaker at low ranks, and medium/high ranks) AT doesn't benefit much from it since their important skills are essentially maxed out, especially if they have a speller.

Again, to reiterate my point, non spellers are already disadvantaged relative to spellers, it has always been that way.

Spells are the key to this game. Stun/curse have and will always be two very basic and widely used skills that are the strongest/most versatile in this game.

Let's also try to keep this conversation civil and non-inflammatory, I can already see it boiling over.