Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Give clans more desire and reason to PVP 
Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I love V2 but there are some things from V3 that are awesome.

The clan jewel spawners being one of those things.

I really do miss the intense fights these spawns brought.

I would love to see something similar but instead of jewels there would obviously be plat.

Different rank capped rooms scattered throughout the game. Inside the rooms it's an arena with a timed spawner. When the time is up, the one who grabs the plat wins. The arena part is for the battle to get the plat.

To prevent people from making unstoppable campers, maybe give a % of exp to each win.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

I also would like some reason to pvp, this sounds like a great idea.
Not sure giving people % exp would help with people sitting at certain ranks, you can just spend the xp on hp end mana then die to lose it and derank. Could become a problem if some people make full SS sets for some ranks and completely stomp everyone else as it would likely turn into 1 or 2 ppl taking control of multiple ranks.

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

LazyWarrior wrote:
I also would like some reason to pvp, this sounds like a great idea.
Not sure giving people % exp would help with people sitting at certain ranks, you can just spend the xp on hp end mana then die to lose it and derank. Could become a problem if some people make full SS sets for some ranks and completely stomp everyone else as it would likely turn into 1 or 2 ppl taking control of multiple ranks.

I agree, I would rather not see a handful just dominate certain areas.

What about limit the amount of wins you can have up to a certain rank? Captain maybe? Lt col?

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Something else I just thought of is room sizes... I don't know how much of this is possible but I think it'll help with people trying to make campers.

It would be neat to have random rooms in general per spawn with the spawners placed randomly inside of those rooms.

Making the same room appear two spawns in a row almost impossible.

With having both rooms you can hide/run in and rooms that are so small you literally can't even walk around in.

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Bump...

This would be absolutely epic for clans...

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

MOAR PVP

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Drawing a blank given that I never really played very far into Aranock 3.

You may have to describe the proposed concept concept a bit more.

Marky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I wonder who does like PvP at all.
There is no purple community.

And personally I strongly dislike PvP, but don't want to be left out of a depot and teleport scrolls.
I hear the same from various others.

So I think the required energy for this might be used better for other purposes.

My 2 cents. I would say, no offense to the original author, but too late, he is Offended Wink

Gambit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Lordlava wrote:

"Jewels are spawned on a pedestal that has a timer. The time a jewel spawns can be found by using the pedestal or typing /time in game. When the timer has hit 0 the jewel is available to take. If a jewel is not taken from the pedestal within an hour of it spawning, it will decay.

The Spawner area itself is an arena, you can fight other people and clans and deaths are not real. You must enter a spawner before the timer reaches 0 otherwise the doors lock until the jewels hour life is up. Standing within the area of a pedestal in a spawner can 'lock' the pedestal to your character, meaning when the timer count down has finished, only you are able to take the jewel from the pedestal. However, if another player goes through the area next to a pedestal, they can reset the timer. As this can cause grief, the pedestal may unlock after a random amount of time, leaving it open for anyone to grab."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isWUqGT1EgM

For reference it is basically a battle royale competing for a resource. Some lateral thinking would be required to get something similar setup I imagine.

PVP on all mmo games is a function of population and there simply isn't enough for casual murderhobo activities. So, you have to force people into it with structured play, which we have already seen examples of that, such as the purple champion quests. Another step is, as suggested, to design a reasonably competitive activity over a resource, but as Marky wrote above it is hard to positively judge the worth of it. Just by the previous example of purple champion quests I can vaguely remember there not being much in the way of slaughter. So precedent informs us that, perhaps, there isn't much call for it. If I was to try the idea I would probably see about just organizing a fight night or something like that, with an imp/gm being in charge of prizes, and from there if there is sufficient interest then it may merit development work.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

We also currently have the Combat Arena which any staffer can run.
It had a number of different play styles built in.

However, there was not a huge demand for it when it was previously operating.

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Marky wrote:
I wonder who does like PvP at all. There is no purple community.
And personally I strongly dislike PvP, but don't want to be left out of a depot and teleport scrolls.I hear the same from various others.
So I think the required energy for this might be used better for other purposes.
My 2 cents. I would say, no offense to the original author, but too late, he is Offended Wink

Purple is completely different than clan PVP as well...

Gambit wrote:
Lordlava wrote:

"Jewels are spawned on a pedestal that has a timer. The time a jewel spawns can be found by using the pedestal or typing /time in game. When the timer has hit 0 the jewel is available to take. If a jewel is not taken from the pedestal within an hour of it spawning, it will decay.

The Spawner area itself is an arena, you can fight other people and clans and deaths are not real. You must enter a spawner before the timer reaches 0 otherwise the doors lock until the jewels hour life is up. Standing within the area of a pedestal in a spawner can 'lock' the pedestal to your character, meaning when the timer count down has finished, only you are able to take the jewel from the pedestal. However, if another player goes through the area next to a pedestal, they can reset the timer. As this can cause grief, the pedestal may unlock after a random amount of time, leaving it open for anyone to grab."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isWUqGT1EgM

For reference it is basically a battle royale competing for a resource. Some lateral thinking would be required to get something similar setup I imagine.

PVP on all mmo games is a function of population and there simply isn't enough for casual murderhobo activities. So, you have to force people into it with structured play, which we have already seen examples of that, such as the purple champion quests. Another step is, as suggested, to design a reasonably competitive activity over a resource, but as Marky wrote above it is hard to positively judge the worth of it. Just by the previous example of purple champion quests I can vaguely remember there not being much in the way of slaughter. So precedent informs us that, perhaps, there isn't much call for it. If I was to try the idea I would probably see about just organizing a fight night or something like that, with an imp/gm being in charge of prizes, and from there if there is sufficient interest then it may merit development work.

Thank you for the explanation.

I'm hoping something like this would bring a reason to attract the population for such an "activity".

Kind of how Azrael's grave is now always pulled because everybody wants a shot at the Shadow Helm. Or, even Gmoon.

Lordlava wrote:
We also currently have the Combat Arena which any staffer can run.It had a number of different play styles built in.
However, there was not a huge demand for it when it was previously operating.

Sooo...

I actually loved those.

However, they're harder to hose than LQs. You have to have so many people on and wanting to engage for it to be a successful. Clan rank differences make competing hard in most games.

The spawners would be more geared towards grouping ranks.

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Bump Razz

Drink
Major
Major

Lava if you ever got Soul Vacuums working, could it be used for this?

For example you enter the Combat Arena as a Reset XX Rank (Say LtGen) Character.
Or if you change the command you could do /combatarena <rank> so /combatarena 16 would make it MajorGens

Everyone whos entered is Soul Vacuumed until they exit/arena is over.