Reply to topic
 Rebirth 3 should be... 
Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

NO LIMIT TO MAX MODS.

All classes get max 999 HP/End/Mana.

Please hear me out.

This game has had some really nice additions lately. RD 2 can make rings with really cool boosts to attributes. Memory Lane gives you a nice amulet that boosts final stats. Giant Barb gives some cool rings. Lich now gives a really nice cloak. And of course professions let you make up to +17 items of almost any kind....

Unfortunately I DON'T NEED ANY OF THEM...

With basic cave ammy, Dragon and Prison gear, maybe a few SS items, I'm hitting 310 MAX mods on almost every important attribute. Most important things I get Max 310 without even using any potions.

I will never need to run Giant Barb.
I will never need to run Prison for all gear and ammy.
I will never need to run RD and make rings.
I will never need to run Memory Lane for the ammy.
I will never need to run Lich cave for the cloak.
I will never need to run lots of crafting and blacksmithing for best possible gear.

Ultimately please keep in mind for a person to make an RB 3 char they would give up at least 246 MILLION EXP! In my case it would be throwing away 334 Million Exp! Creating this class would not be like putting 100 super max Gods into the game. VERY Few would take the time and effort to ever get to max RB 3 where it would even make a difference...

Thank you for considering this. It would make many end game areas and skills interesting again for those that don't really need them at this point.

Z

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

In case I wasn't clear, you could only go past 310 max mods to the unlimited mod status AFTER ALL other stats on your char are FULLY maxed.

We are then talking about a minimum 400 MILLION EXP investment to start getting a No Max Mod char...

Don't think it would get abused or be unappreciated.

Very Happy

Thanx again for considering this.

Z

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Just for argument- what would it allow you to do, or is the goal to be able to solo anything in the game? Would Skuas become unusable at some point?

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

- "Just for argument- what would it allow you to do, or is the goal to be able to solo anything in the game? Would Skuas become unusable at some point?"

First would be to solo everything, yes. After over 400 million EXP on one char that would be a nice reward.

But more importantly than that, to give a reason for all the endgame items we can collect, and crafting/blacksmithing items. Hitting max mod 310 makes them all unneeded at best.

Skuas have been useless to me for a very long time...

Z

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I don't know if I agree with removing the mod limit...

However, I would agree with removing the mod limit for hp/end/mana for RB3.

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Idk that just hp/mana/end would be enough for a RB. Mana and End also isn’t even used enough to warrant more than 999.

Marky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

My issue with RB3 like this: with current content everything is quite doable at RB2. All that content will become easier, less challenging. So what bonus would that bring to the gameplay?
Doing the same things as non-RB, RB1 and RB2, but quicker!?

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

I am happy for RB3 suggestions to percolate away.

However, unlimited stats is not likely to be one of the outcomes.

LW tends to be leading the way on the RB series.

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Marky wrote:
My issue with RB3 like this: with current content everything is quite doable at RB2. All that content will become easier, less challenging. So what bonus would that bring to the gameplay?
Doing the same things as non-RB, RB1 and RB2, but quicker!?

Not so much quicker, but doable. There are certain areas that specific classes can solo yet others can't. Most end game stuff has been robbed from Hara when they decided to take away stun. Hara was never designed or built to survive without it. Looking for an answer that doesn't keep one of the most powerful characters handicapped for so much fun endgame entertainment.

And quite frankly, my ego is saying to me "Wow you built the highest of all time and you still can't go where a Necro or Seyan can. That really sucks!" Mad

Z

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

More spell power and you can select any skill from any class in the game.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

I think the overall problem with class balancing is how much of a difference certain stats make versus other stats. Considering the vast difference in performance by the classes in certain metrics, it becomes problematic to add more of something they are already good at. The OP talks about having 310 mod stats on own spells with a few SS and easily attainable gear. That is the reality for 1 if not 2 classes in the entire game. This is why RB3 as presented would be a significant problem and why certain classes who just not benefit from it at all or in a much lesser sense.

At this point, just playing with max mods will not much of a difference. In fact, this would most likely extend to mobs as well and it would potentially make certain content impossible for other players who did not get to the point of RB3. Certain classes really just plow through the content of this game and the only real change that occurred in difficulty setting was NOSTUN flags or higher blase stats leading to no-curse mechanics. The game is dated and the impact the engine makes it very difficult to add new pathways to add new mechanics without a mass overhaul.

Overall, I would be for this idea in part. If we could set a more adaptable RB process ie. adding purchasable rewards with exp. Adding a spell bonus boost for x amount of millions or adding a base speed mod or stuff like that. Obviously, most classes would still go through a similar/optimal pathway but it would allow people to modify they given class' playstyle a little bit.

Let's be fair, PVP is non-existant yet it has been the basis of arguments for or against any class changes. I think a paradigm shift towards class' specific enjoyment should be taken and it would be nice to see everyone benefit to a similar degree from certain changes.

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

I’m fine leaving the 310 mods in place, just looking to add different play style. You are also looking for ways to people to stay engaged in the game.

I think the other RB levels are fine. RB3 could be a few more poles, more spell power, and I could be a Ninja that gets B2.

I don’t mind the idea either or passing certain XP levels opening different items, or using gold to purchase, etc.

Most of the enjoyment of the game was the community and the incentive to gain new exciting things. Without any of that, just seems like a waste of grinding AT and Pents.

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

I’m fine leaving the 310 mods in place, just looking to add different play style. You are also looking for ways to people to stay engaged in the game.

I think the other RB levels are fine. RB3 could be a few more poles, more spell power, and I could be a Ninja that gets B2.

I don’t mind the idea either or passing certain XP levels opening different items, or using gold to purchase, etc.

Most of the enjoyment of the game was the community and the incentive to gain new exciting things. Without any of that, just seems like a waste of grinding AT and Pents.