Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Lawless Clans 
Gambit
Captain
Captain

The idea is allow people to create as many clans as they want for their toons, but a shared portal is still restricted to the current holders of those titles until they run out of plat. That somewhat sidesteps the lack of space for new people, while allowing them to participate in a facet of the game that is otherwise going to be perennially gated behind legacy members.

Feasibility? Desire? Let's find out!

edit: landless changed to lawless

Last edited by Gambit on Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gambit
Captain
Captain

bump.

I see little point at this moment in not allowing landless individuals to participate in the stochastic violence that clans/purple bring. At this time we have individual players whom hold multiple leader positions in different clans. This allows formations of not only second class citizens that you would imagine but also meta clans where the delineation is not only between leader and member but also third and fourth class players in subsidiary clans.

Obviously this would would not be some off the cuff decision the with no oversight. However, I find that the power of the long time individuals who own stakes in multiple clans to be too strong in regards to the social framework of the community. Essentially, we should not be siloing the powerless into separate groups based on the whims of a landed aristocracy.

edit:

on further rumination my suggestion is to allow Purple players to operate as landless clannies who are able to engage in clan warfare. I'm unsure on how to proceed on the basis of shared interest among those players, perhaps a shared bank /depot, but at the very least I think a dialogue should be opened.