Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Alch: potion of thorns 
Gambit
Captain
Captain

Right now alchemy is pretty good for ranking up, to a certain extent, but its utility falls off as your own power increases. My proposal is to create a new potion that would be useful to a noble, and especially one that helps dps for certain classes that have historically been complained about. I've never owned a piece, but I believe the fire armor set works by damaging any entity that attacks someone and this potion would have the same sort of effect.

I'm not sure the technical feasibility of it, but it could solve some problems that temp/warr/ninja complain about. It still feels like alchemy is underpowered versus rankless +18 gear at the end of the day, but as an aspiring alchy my mind might be too warped by strange mushrooms. My first thought was a straight wv potion but that would balance poorly with kwai rings probably.

thoughts?

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

The Fire set has a parameter called GETHIT that appears the reflect some portion of the damage taken onto the attacker.
I have never tested this to see how/if it works. Maybe that will be my homework.
How effective is it on the Fire set?

Spells and Potions in theory have similar attributes with a GETHIT field.
However, the spells on a player do not appear to apply the GETHIT feature of the spells. I would also need to test this to confirm that it does not currently do it.
GETHIT from items worn is applied e.g. Fire set.

Maybe if I am feeling bored then I could try to apply spells GETHIT to a character and test it out.
Then the potion would need to update the spell.
These would be a prerequisites before considering any alchemy changes.

EDIT:- OK it looks like it works by reflecting damage if you take damage. If the Baddy cant hurt you then nothing is reflected.

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Fire of course being useless since we have not been able to keep even 1 piece long enough to complete the set and use it as intended for a few years.

Even worse now...

While you are at it lets make the very highest level potion at fully max with max profession rank to be a Shadow potion giving Shadow Helm stats for 1 hour.

and continuing that thinking...

The Unique weapons when activated basically act as a potion for 45 minutes and turn the weapon into a normal weapon of that type. (which you can keep) So make a 45 minute potion for each of those as well and problem solved.

Z

Gambit
Captain
Captain

Lordlava wrote:
The Fire set has a parameter called GETHIT that appears the reflect some portion of the damage taken onto the attacker.
I have never tested this to see how/if it works. Maybe that will be my homework.
How effective is it on the Fire set?

Spells and Potions in theory have similar attributes with a GETHIT field.
However, the spells on a player do not appear to apply the GETHIT feature of the spells. I would also need to test this to confirm that it does not currently do it.
GETHIT from items worn is applied e.g. Fire set.

Maybe if I am feeling bored then I could try to apply spells GETHIT to a character and test it out.
Then the potion would need to update the spell.
These would be a prerequisites before considering any alchemy changes.

EDIT:- OK it looks like it works by reflecting damage if you take damage. If the Baddy cant hurt you then nothing is reflected.

LW said it would be pretty useless for the edited fact since everyone basically raises themselves as mathematically efficient as possible with weapon mod being prioritized. Maybe only something squishy like a sorc would get a ton of mileage out of that GETHIT feature as it is since it should probably still fire even if the monster hits your AV rather than hp.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

GETHIT appears to reflect damage if you take HP damage, not damage to your armour.
So the person who would benefit most is someone with large HP and a good heal and/or regenerate and does not mind losing some blood.

Why do you need to have the entire set for it to be useful?
Doesn't a single piece generate a GETHIT response, just a bit smaller?

Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Yes, 1 piece of either Fire or Ice armor reflects damage, if the enemy can penetrate your armor and ypu lose HP. I recall that Brig Gargs did lose about 1% each time they did hit me, and I did wear one of the pieces. I don't rememver that 2 did drop em much more, so not sure if they did stack on that reflecting damage.