Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Visible presence in AT and pents 
Marky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Quite a few clan people these days walk around with their location turned off. In pents and AT, that can be a bit of an issue.
Grabbed your first pent when someone had grabbed 10 already and was reaching for the 11th...that's not cool. Or jumping into a room in AT that is already occupied.

You can of course ask in shouts, but not everyone reacts quick, some people miss things in the spam.

Showing everyone's location on /who, when that starts with "pentagram" or "abandoned town" would work.
Or, perhaps 2 new commands?

/pcount to show pc and amount of people in pents. Perhaps their location too. No names, if invisibility status is wanted.

And /atrooms to show what rooms are occupied. Would be great to see the rooms that have been occupied for the last 10 minutes, in case some people run multiple rooms.

MarshMallowMan
Corporal
Corporal

I have my location on and in the last 4 days have had 3 people come into my AT room. 3 different people.

So to me that means most people do not check, they just go in.

Akephalos
Corporal
Corporal

Or, we could use the old-fashioned /shout command like we did for years before we could turn who on/off for clan members. I don't want to be seen. Unfortunately, I get targeted for the sins of the forefathers of the clan I'm in. If someone shouts asking if I'm penting and I don't answer, that's on me if they take the solve. It's not hard for someone to ask "anyone penting?" or "anyone in general AT?"