Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Ghost Companion Buff 
xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Comparing GC To UC there is something left to be desired.

1. No regen
2. Max FDM only on Gmoon - I can get Knight for UC on regular spells
3. No SH2
4. GC won’t spell itself or owner
5. Doesn’t have B2 like Skele Champ.

I’m looking at this more from an AH aspect then Seyan because of the brute fighting aspect that AH lacks.

Just looking for ideas to make GC better. Thanks

Firelance
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I would be all for GC changes.. Not so much to make them inline with a necro, but because GC is so lacklaster.

SH2, higher endurance regen, I wouldnt say no but they don't need to be able to spell themselves... The harakim can handle that.
If the mod to GC increased the GC stats/rank at a higher rate, that would be better too. The GC is very helpful early on, then turns into a burden at like captain if you're still putting points into it at that point. I have no experience as an AH, but early harakims that choose to go GC are typically left in the dust because they neither have the spells, or dagger mod, to do anything without their GC.. And even then, their GC is only good until captain/ish.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

GC is only good as cannon fodder to absorb first stun in certain areas and that's it.

I only max it because its funny having a knight GC with stats that maxed 100-150 mod power ago

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

My GC used to hold its own in the Ice Pents, provided I cast C2 on the baddies.

I think the upper skill stats max out earlier than hp/end which keep going up.
Hence u appear to be getting stronger but the difference becomes marginal.
I am not sure at what rank all the useful stats become maxed - this would need a bit of experimentation.

It was a long time ago but I do recall increasing the max stats on the GCs.
It is sad if they are considered useless.

Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

I use my GC pretty often, and sometimes I also use it in top UW pents. Just require I cast a C2 on them, as LL said too. GC is pretty strong, but maybe give it a normal surround hit, so it don't get left behind that fast and often it does now, as it has to fight all monsters it goes aggro on, and they usually have full HP. Giving it SH2, I think will make them unbalanced, as AH do have B2, wich works better then SH2. Only that the range of B2 sometimes get a bit far off from targets, wich is fine. GC fix the job then. Hehe.

-Sigtyr

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Increasing SH to be the same as H2H (max base 95) raised my GC's rank from Maj Gen to Lt Gen.
It only made marginal hit damage to surrounding Mixed Gargs (Lt Gen).

So yes increase kill speed but not enough to write home to Mum about it.

As a trial, until Friday night I will try SH on GCs and await trial feedback.

Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

I tested my GC in UW pents, and I must say SH do work well. Maybe a bit to well at 95 base. I'll keep on testing a bit more, but so far I think maybe put it to 75 or 60 base should be enough? Or else GC becomes quite unbalanced I think.
I'd like to hear from some lower ranked hara too, as I'm pretty high rank and have high base GC.

-Sigtyr

Asmodeus
Major
Major

With 240 GC mod, I get 95 base SH which is the same level as H2H base. With my bless it can get to almost 200mod H2H and SH. It is ok and actually makes GC somewhat more useful but it still is lackluster.

I never use GC unless its for meat shield. In UW i don't see the point of having it, I rather compulse as they do better than GC in general.

In contrast to Sigtyr, I actually find this to be not unbalanced at all. The SH works if I C2 or C1 but it still crippled by stun/curse in most of the higher end content. SH base is honestly a step in the good direction.

As for lower rank, keep in mind H2H is one of the first skills to max and higher mod just pushes STR and AGI. So as long as it has same H2H and SH mods it will work as intended as long as it can hit.

Drink
Major
Major

Ya this is only really a buff for Grolm/Garg Penting (Lower level harakims).
But if SH is leeching the exp at lower levels it might make the GCs squishy (would rather the exp go into H2H).
Ignore last.
Just cast a Captain GC and im 87H2h / 87 SurroundHit (117 mods unspelled or 135mod with 140power bless)
GC would actually hit Grolms!! Razz

Put it into perspective thou a melee class wouldnt have close to that SH at this level mod.

Iceys/UWs i dont see GC being used for penting due to the low resist.
Mainly use it for opening doors etc.

Cyrus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Sigtyr wrote:
I tested my GC in UW pents, and I must say SH do work well. Maybe a bit to well at 95 base. I'll keep on testing a bit more, but so far I think maybe put it to 75 or 60 base should be enough? Or else GC becomes quite unbalanced I think.
I'd like to hear from some lower ranked hara too, as I'm pretty high rank and have high base GC.

-Sigtyr

If I'm not mistaken SH mod only dictates whether or not the SH will land, it does not impact the damage. In which case having a lower mod would only serve to make it useless rather than reduce the damage. That's always been my understanding at least, I'm sure LL can confirm that though?

Aside from that Hara's are pretty powerful and have some of the best area damage so I don't really know how necessary this is but I also don't think it would make a very big difference and GC is also laughable compared to UC so I could go either way really lol. Would definitely be nice for the times the GC gets surrounded and left behind so he can clear a bit quicker, especially at lower ranks before a hara has blast2.

Drink
Major
Major

Cyrus wrote:
Sigtyr wrote:

-Sigtyr

If I'm not mistaken SH mod only dictates whether or not the SH will land, it does not impact the damage. In which case having a lower mod would only serve to make it useless rather than reduce the damage. That's always been my understanding at least, I'm sure LL can confirm that though?

Aside from that Hara's are pretty powerful and have some of the best area damage so I don't really know how necessary this is but I also don't think it would make a very big difference and GC is also laughable compared to UC so I could go either way really lol. Would definitely be nice for the times the GC gets surrounded and left behind so he can clear a bit quicker, especially at lower ranks before a hara has blast2.

Ya Agree.
Its not game breaking but def makes the fastest penting class faster at low lvls Razz

Captain GC (127mod) with 130mod spells in 1st Lui Grolms.

Killed 1st Grolm, surrounding 3 where on 87%
Killed 2nd Grolm, surrounding 2 where on 70%

So its not stupid damage.

xclusive
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Yeah I agree not game changing. It may speed up slightly in UW but probably not enough to just still not cast.