Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 "rowbytes!=x*4 (32)", possibly related to /gfx ove 
Makadon
Corporal
Corporal

19-1-2021

"rowbytes!=x*4 (32)"

Happened after or within seconds of picking up a purple flower while walking around town, and immediately x2 after opening /depot. I'm wondering if it's related to /gfx overrides, as a number haven't taken effect, including the inventory screen. Below is the unloaded inventory screen, same dimensions as original.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

The code is not very helpful to me.

However, if you are using non standard png sprites in the gfx folder I suggest that you check the sizing of those files to make sure they are a standard size, matched to the files that you are replacing.

Makadon
Corporal
Corporal

Yep, same dimensions.

Today the custom inventory image has loaded but the errors still appeared upon using /depot. Three in a row. The image has not been changed. I think I'd re-saved the image the other day at specifically 32-bit depth instead of 'auto', in Paint.NET.

Edit: Another instance just now, below, with slight variation. I'd closed the /depot window recently and had just been handed the gpot, and I believe the messages appeared in rapid succession as I clicked down a number of times quickly on my inventory while holding the item.

What limitations are there when it comes to files put in /gfx? Is there a limit on number of files, filesizes / total filesize, bit depth, etc? Any quirks with other non .bmp/png files in the same directory?

Last edited by Makadon on Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Makadon
Corporal
Corporal

Having a look at v2's dd.c and dd_load_png, I suspect it's related to bit depth. And I notice v2's png files are either 24bit when using the pink mask and 32bit when using alpha for transparency. I'd previously saved these colour-masked png files with Paint.NET's 'auto' bit depth which pngcheck says output 32bit. I've resaved them at 24bit and haven't noticed an issue yet, e.g. /depot doesn't spit out an error.

Unless I see otherwise, I'm going to assume Aranock / MoA expects 24bit for colour masked pngs and 32bit for alpha.

Edit: Yep, no issues. Haven't tested 32bit for alpha transparency but I expect that'll work there too.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

That part of the client code (and most of the other parts of the client code) is unchanged from the original moa client.