Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Daily Quests, Daily bonuses. 
Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Due to these Quarantine time i found myself lurking around very old posts.
This is a discussion we once had long time ago in staffer room...Since you guys have the best ideas i thought i would revive it here

DAILY QUESTS, DAILY BONUSES.

It gives the player a reason to log at least once a day. I noticed many smartphone games has this feature.
Even in mmorpgs, people are just logging to run their daily dungeon, but then a friend shows up so you end up playing a little longer.

I was hoping it could bring more life to the server, more people, more trades, more murderers in the streets. And maybe bring back these old souls.
this is a good way to keep people logging in right

brainstorm:

- Your first pentagram solve of the day is 200%
- Random exp pole spawning in a different location everyday. Bride Damor to know it's location.

PVP twist:
- Your first kill of the day is 2x worth of platinum?

If we could add this to the idea of daily missions, like a mission you can do daily, take castle quest when it was bugged, but instead of many times per day, you can do it once and it resets next day, the rewards goes for XXXXXXX amount of exp and maybe a dpot/gpot/scroll chance in the end.
Maybe offer 3 different or 4 different type of quests givers with different rewards.

The same function to count pents can be used to count Enemies killed. Maybe you can have something like what they had in Astonia 3. Kill X amount of Grolms/gargs etc.. Maybe have 3 or 4 options, like: easy, medium hard and insane. This is just to make it so that You kill Either grolms, gargs, ice gargs and golems. Each gives a different reward, maybe 1% of character total exp. or Smh. Or a fixed scroll. 5k exp for golrms, 30k exp for gargs, 80k for ice gargs, 100k for golems. Something something something.

You can also have "easier" ones too with tiers as well, Like:
- collect 50 red flowers
- collect 50 red 50 purple flowers
- collect 100 red 100 purple, 10 and yellow 10 green etc....
And it keeps count of how many you give to the NPC and you can ask for /help. And see how many you got left. Add some mushrooms there too.

Mining missions maybe? Collect 10 chunks of silver, then Gold and silver, then Gems etc... Collect 200 plat. And they all work the same, it's time exp towards Exp gained. More or less.

Example: killing 100 grolms would take more or less the same time as collecting X amount flowers and also X amount of silver, I know silver is random, but we can guesstimate lets say an avarage player takes 15 mins to kill 100 golrms, and so we make it 70 flowers because it will take around that much to collect 70 of them and then 5 chunks of silver because we add that it's kind of random and you get 1 every 3 mins or so, maybe. It could be more it could be less but you get the point.

Give different options, some people go mining plat, so mining quest is good for them. Some people like temple sitting or be kind of idle, Flowers quest is an easy thing to do since they don't need to pay attention too much to it, they wont die if they are semi afk. And for most other players you have the pents quest.

We can also have Collect X amount of gold, so you can get Exp while you farm scrolls in RD and gold. boom!

Or

Stuff like open X amount of chests.

Collect X amount of etc..etc.. The possibilities are endless! Not sure how easy/hard it is to implement this.

Akephalos
Corporal
Corporal

Seriously, do this. Missions from A3 were awesome!

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

It has merit.
It will take a bit of thought power to set this up in a fully flexible way.