Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Dumb Idea 13/01/2020 : Micro-Pents 
zarrotsu
Corporal
Corporal

This idea is a bit of a doozy, but stick with me as I go though the thought process.

There's many places through Aranock that seems sort of empty or redundant - you effectively go there once, grab what you need, and leave. It's difficult to keep players sticking around any one location because, once you've done what you need to, there's no reason to stick around and fight the same enemies.

So, what if there was a reason to stick around or re-visit certain areas?

I propose that a series of small-ish rooms, roughly 25 x 25, with a variety of layouts and with entry points (ladder holes) strung around the map. These locations would be linked to areas with unique clone-enemies or quests, including labyrinth segments or just general quest areas like Emerald Cave, U1, U2, etcetera, and can be styled after the area they're linked to for flavor.

In these small rooms would be a small number of pentagrams (perhaps up to 9), entirely separate to the standard pentagram quest. Upon grabbing 5 - 9 in a particular location, you 'solve' in the same way the regular pentagram quest might solve, and get the collective exp for what was grabbed. Since this is separated from regular pents, bonus rewards could be thrown in as well such as money or lockboxes that match the expected level of players in these areas.

Each pentagram for each area would spawn up to three of the respective enemy for the area they're linked to. For example, a room linked to Lab 3 would spawn spellcasters, a room linked to Emerald Cave would spawn Lizard Dwellers, a room linked to U2 might spawn Greenling Knights, etcetera. These enemy templates can be copied straight from their intended area.

Image examples: