Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Game change feedback thread 
Motoko
Major General
Major General

Please provide any feedback on recent changes here.

Exodus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

My winged boots hate you

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Exodus wrote:
My winged boots hate you

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Motoko wrote:
Exodus wrote:
My winged boots hate you

Professional response......

Are the changes made to balance out the content pve wise or pvp?

Pvp wise, it might have an impact on Templar and Harakim "stealthing". The winged boot change I mean. Maybe not... Keep in mind the two only races without stealth. While every other one can near max out the mod stealth.

What is the logic behind warrior stealth increase?

thanks

Motoko
Major General
Major General

[quote="Asmodeus"]
Motoko wrote:
Exodus wrote:
My winged boots hate you

Professional response......

Are the changes made to balance out the content pve wise or pvp?

Pvp wise, it might have an impact on Templar and Harakim "stealthing". The winged boot change I mean. Maybe not... Keep in mind the two only races without stealth. While every other one can near max out the mod stealth.

What is the logic behind warrior stealth increase?

thanks

As for the response to Exodus, his response wasn't serious, so neither was mine. He was online when the change was made and already griefed me about the winged boots change. I see this as a perfectly professional response given the circumstances.

This is to balance out things both in PVP and PVE. Warriors are a very weak class without gear and their stealth is naturally the lowest out of all the classes with stealth. This should level the playing field somewhat, Seyan will still have a lot as will sorceror/necro due to strong bless/higher int/will.

Winged boots were simply too good, in V2 I believe they were +10 stealth, or maybe +8 I don't recall exactly, I don't know who increased them to 30 but that was a bit riduclous.

Stealth is an innate skill, all classes have it and it can be useful if used correctly, even on a hara or templar.

More changes will come.

I expect you to come back and play soon.

Exodus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Very unprofessional wasn't it. I'm most upset I'm going to write a letter to lordlava! Jokes

The original winged boots only had +8 agi and nothing else as far as I remember. Also prison many gives 20 stealth so it's a smart change I just like to complain haha.

Right now i think classes that need attention are arch templar and necromancer. Arch templar needs a massive wv increase that's literally it as far as I'm concerned. They should be a huge power. Necromancer needs a lot of work to make them what they should be... a creature summoner. Imo they should be able to summon undead...but scrap the undead and skeleton and let them summon undead sorc/hara/templar/seyan/warrior like in the gatekeeoer trial. It's more interesting...

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Exodus wrote:
Very unprofessional wasn't it. I'm most upset I'm going to write a letter to lordlava! Jokes

The original winged boots only had +8 agi and nothing else as far as I remember. Also prison many gives 20 stealth so it's a smart change I just like to complain haha.

Right now i think classes that need attention are arch templar and necromancer. Arch templar needs a massive wv increase that's literally it as far as I'm concerned. They should be a huge power. Necromancer needs a lot of work to make them what they should be... a creature summoner. Imo they should be able to summon undead...but scrap the undead and skeleton and let them summon undead sorc/hara/templar/seyan/warrior like in the gatekeeoer trial. It's more interesting...

We are addressing arch templars and Necromancers still.

Like I said, more change will come.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Ya original winged boots didn't have stealth at all.

Still too early to say anything tbh especially since pvp is an after thought in this game. I am more worried about the actual value of certain characters post RB. Given how damage scales, warriors and AT are getting a significantly lower power boost compared to all other classes. But I hope this balance won't be just playing with numbers and actually addressing the mechanic issues such as actual damage scaling with weapon/str mod. It is hard to defend that the most melee character in the game has less base damage at equal exp than a hybrid and quite frankly the lowest damage in the game with the new WC included.

I know spells count for something in the equation too.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

I prefer lots of smaller changes and observe than massive changes and overshoot.

Moto and LW are testing and suggesting changes and they will continue over time.
If we do happen to overshoot there maybe a need to undo something but we are trying to avoid that.

Jennytulls
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Can we get a List of changes? I cant seem to find one anywhere. All I can make out is Necro got nerfed some how? and I take it wing boots lost some stealth as I gathered from exodus's crying.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Jennytulls wrote:
Can we get a List of changes? I cant seem to find one anywhere. All I can make out is Necro got nerfed some how? and I take it wing boots lost some stealth as I gathered from exodus's crying.

Changelog is in announcements..

Changelog

pronosoft
Recruit

My winged boots hate you

EDITED LL: Please do not post advertisements or links to non game related sites.

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Not all the scrolls are created equal and therefore not stackable.

With an inventory Full of Ankh scrolls do a /sort and you will see they have different values for the same scroll.
(ie. some Ankh Prot at top of sort and some Ankh Prot at bottom of sort.)

Wasted a bunch trying to stack cause they are Not the same.
Ankh Enhance would not stack at all in any order...

Same was true for some Ish scrolls, and not gonna try on Skuas until we know for certain it is fixed.

Z

Zraaq
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

I have also come to realize that the scrolls that don't stack do not say "1 item in the stack" at the bottom like the others do when you right click them.

Maybe that will be an easier way to find them before you stack and maybe fix the problem.

They seem to come from certain chests and are generated differently...

Z

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

I set the Stackable flag on all the main scrolls.
If there have been new duplicate spell scrolls created then I did not touch them.

I do not recall why duplicates were created.

You are right, if you right click a stackable scroll it will give you a count.
I do not have new scroll sprites to change the Sprite.
Maybe WIP.