Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Toggle fightback priority when using objects 
Malachai
Corporal
Corporal

Would be a nice QoL addition to be able to toggle fightback priority when using (shift+clicking) objects, such as pentagrams. With the toggle on, the character would prioritise using the object without being interrupted by monsters attacking in the way (as long as you can escape them).

Mostly for penting, since you often get interrupted by a stray enemy attacking you when going to grab a pentagram, and you either manually walk towards the pent then use it, or toggle fightback off temporarily.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

I am not sure that I understand.

There is currently a command /fightback that turns on/off the fightback characteristic.

What did you want that was different to this or enhanced on it?

Are you saying that if you Shift Click on an object it automatically suspends /fightback for say 0.5 seconds or similar?

Malachai
Corporal
Corporal

When you try to walk to a location (normal click), your character tries to escape any monster that attacks in the middle of the way, regardless of the fightback option. This is not the case when using objects, where your character will stop to attack any enemy that attacks you in the way, interrupting the object usage.

Basically, this toggle would make your character try to escape interrupting monsters when walking towards objects that you are going to use (via shift click), instead of fighting them. Only failing to escape or getting blocked would make you stop, similar to walking.

In other words, this option would disable fightback when you're heading towards an object you shift-clicked, and re-enable it if you either can't escape a monster that attacked, or managed to use the object in question.

Technically, disabling/enabling fightback constantly when using objects does the job, but it's kind of a big hassle compared to a feature like this.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Hm...

I have noticed there was a difference between trying to walk to a spot and trying to touch an item (e.g. a pent) on a spot.
I will have a look at what the difference is.